Anyone else sick of hearing about injuries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Anyone else sick of hearing about injuries?

Everyone knows that injuries are a fact of life in the NFL and that, by extension, quality depth is the key to long-term success. Anytime I hear some knob end complaining about how his team lost because so many of the starters were out, I like to remind them that an NFL team consists of 53 players, and that cap management is equally as important as any other aspect of team building. If you can't sustain injuries and remain competetive, you're not doing it right and you deserve to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Anyone else sick of hearing about injuries?:
    [QUOTE]oh woe is the steelers, look at their line woe is the colts, "decimated" by injuries Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

yeah, funny thing is both teams played in the bungles in the past week, and won because the bungles just compl;etely bungled both games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

injuries are like potato chips....you just can't have one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I don't know how the Pats won without Ghostkowski.  He was a touchback machine before he was injured and the poor Pats must have kicked off ten times last night.

Cr_p!  I say that stuff and I don't come off as a gracious winner.  I do respect the Steelers and that was a big win for our team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I stubbed my toe the other day, I have a hangnail and a paper cut to boot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When they win with injuries they're resilient, when they lose it's because they're wracked with injury... part of being a good GM is building depth, live with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yes. Every team has injuries. Deal with it. Great players lift up their comrades. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

In Response to Anyone else sick of hearing about injuries?:
    [QUOTE]oh woe is the steelers, look at their line woe is the colts, "decimated" by injuries woe is the broncos (probably doesnt mean much to you all, but living in denver, i hear it alot) you line up, and you take snaps. its not like the steelers were only playing with 3 or 4 players on the o line last night, they still lined up 5 guys. the pats lost 2 of their three best defensive players before the season even started! (warren, bodden) but noone is talking about that. it is simply incredible.  just because we lost them at the beggining of the season, apparently they dont matter.  every team plays with injuries, and the pats are sitting at the top
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

Yes, every team has injuries scattered throughout the team.

The Steelers have the bad luck this year of having so many season ending injuries on one aspect of the team--the O line.

It is so bad, that if one more lineman gets hurt, the Tight Ends will have to play line for them.

You don't have room on a 53 man roster to have a complete, quality replacements for the entire O-Line.

They are between a rock and hard place for the rest of the season, but that's just the way it is.

I don't think most comments about that is a "woe for them" thing. It is just comments that it is really bad luck for any team to have so many injuries in one part of the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

im so sick of hearing about injuries!!  You play with what you have.

end of Story.

The Celtics were never going to beat the Lakers in Game 7 with Perkins anyway.

The Red Sox wouldn't have made the playoffs with Pedroia and Youkilis in there.

The Bruins were going to lose to Philadelphia with Krecjei and Savard healthy last year anyway.

Psssshhhh.... injuries are for losers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not going to belabor the point, but plain and simple, every team, without exception has to deal with injuries.  To suggest that a win is somewhat less of a win or a loss isn't as bad a loss because of injuries is a bunch of pluperfect hor$e$h*t.

My 2 cents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Dealing with the inevitable injuries is why a good system is so important. Say you're a team stocked with highly paid stars and one or more gets injured. If you don't have a second tier of competent players who can be quickly plugged in due to a good system you're screwed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else sick of hearing about injuries?:
    [QUOTE] Dealing with the inevitable injuries is why a good system is so important. Say you're a team stocked with highly paid stars and one or more gets injured. If you don't have a second tier of competent players who can be quickly plugged in due to a good system you're screwed.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

It is a given when teams like the Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Packers, etc. etc. etc. (pretty much every team except the Pats) have injuries, the talking heads will mention how depleted they are.  I guess we should consider it "respect" for the Pats as most think it is a "given" that Belichick will have someone step up when called upon.  We have Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden, Brandon McGowan all out for the season, and Chung has missed a couple of games.  Key "d" players projected to be a big part of the team.  On offense we lose Kaczur, Mankins isn't there the fisrt 8 weeks, Kevin Faulk, Fred Taylor (has missed most games so far, and now Gostkowski.  Yet no one mentions these key players as NE is just rolling along, plugging players in and getting results.  It just seems frustrating that it is an "excuse" for all teams expect NE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Would like to add that with all the injuries for everyone, 18 games makes no sense except owner and TV greed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Injuries get discussed because they affect the outcomes of games.  But I know everyone agrees that they're just another excuse.  The score is the determinant of which team is better - the injury situation is just another reason of why.  Right up there with better players, better coaching, etc...

Sections
Shortcuts