Anyone Else Think Jay Cutler Is A Cry Baby?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

(According To Reports) He's acting like a cry baby, saying he can never forgive Josh McDaniels. Who the heck is Jay Cutler, I mean last year, his third year, in 2007 he passed for 20 TDs, 14 INTs. In 2008 he threw for 4500 yards and 25 TDs, INTS. Good not great, his team had one of the biggest choke jobs in history blowing their division to the Chargers.
    He's known Josh McDaniels for six weeks, answer me this, how can you be betrayed by a guy you've known only six weeks. Jay Cutler needs to have a conversation with Matt Leinhart and Vince Young, two guys from his draft class who looked like franchise QB's, now they hold clipboards. In this league Brett Farve got tossed aside, so didn't Drew Bledsoe, Jeff Garcia, Dante Culpepper, Kurt Warner, all who have accomplished a lot more than Cutler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'm surprised JBolt hasn't been here heartily agreeing with you! This is life in the NFL. While Shanahan may have loved the kid, maybe Josh has other ideas. You have to expect changes when you get a new HC. If he does indeed hold a "grudge" against McDaniels he's going to have a long season. He needs to just STFU and play. Nothing speaks louder in the NFL than results. So far he has shown promise, but has yet to separate himself from the middle of the pack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Trade Kevin O'Connell for Denver's 12th pick in the 1st. Hey, why not! Looks like Cutler isn't go to play for them and Kevin is McDaniel's boy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am sure McDaniels thinks he is a cry baby. LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

You know Grogan, I though the same thing, but with a second.

Trade O'Connel for the #44 overall. LOL. Sign a vet like Huard or something.

Now that would be hilarious!

But I honestly think NE has plans for him. I would tend to think taking a QB in the 3rd means they are pretty high on the kid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cutler needs to shut the f--k up. McDaniels is a great OC with potential to be successful head coach. Everyone agrees that Denver has made some quality FA signings. They still have the 12th to grab an impact player on defense. Cutler better mend the bridge soon !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[Quote]Trade Kevin O'Connell for Denver's 12th pick in the 1st. Hey, why not! Looks like Cutler isn't go to play for them and Kevin is McDaniel's boy![/Quote]

HA!HA! I love that idea....it will stick a fork in this media BS about a #12 pick for Cassel, and will really put Cutler off the deep end even if the offer is refused.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

You guys are not wrong, but look at the picture. McDaniels plays public politics re: cutler before and after this botched trade, and he looks like an idiot.

Don't think that McDaniels' public denials are helping this situation. Both need to own up to reality, but ultimately, it is a no win situation for Cutler. He's under contract.

I think the one thing lost on Belichick lieutenents is that they expect a patriots organization atmosphere whereever they go immediately upon arrival. I am sure it took Belichick a long long time and a great deal of effort to develop that atmosphere. Superbowl wins don't hurt either. Expecting it to exist just because you came from it is naive.

And when would Belichick ever publically make a statement about what he was or was not doing with a player. 3 way team deals are sticky if they do not work, because there is less control oveer the flow of rumor and information.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't think this deal was remotely close to happening. The irony, is that Cutler is getting bent out of shape by the ESPN rumor machine.

ESPN reports more garbage non-news. And I am willing to bet that this wasn't even smoke, just the smell of smoke on someone's jacket and ESPN is running full bore with it because it sexes up an otherwise ho-hum negotiation that they would have rather seen become a protracted bidding war that they could report on for weeks.

There are probably thousands of feints toward players in trade that we never hear about. Things just like this, where Denver might have had an internal discussion at the 11th hour about whether or not to get involved. But I don't beleive they ever even picked up the phone.

So now, ESPN are trying to create that bidding war in reverse, and messing with the Bronco's chemistry in doing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Z - agreed, but a player of Cutler's stature is going to be news to any media outlet. And in this age of TMZ/paparazi news, rumor is news.

At the end of all of this, McDaniel learned a tough lesson about talking trade in multi-team deals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

McDaniels is having a VERY poor start. I can't say that I am suprised. He was a decent offensive coordinator, but really young.

The Denver signings to me seem like a bunch of overpays for mediocre and/or aging players. None of them seem to have shored up a defense that is going to have to contend with the Chargers. And he managed to alienate his big name QB from day one by calling him out on the podium as a guy who is too loose with the ball.

It doesn't look bright for him right now. I have a feeling this could be Mangini part 2. Young guy short on experience is pryed away.

It is a pity that Crennel got canned because he was actually the best coach of the four released. I think he was really a victim of the early overproduction though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Anyone Else Think Jay Cutler Is A Cry Baby?.............

The whole Charger team does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

If I was Mcdaniels I would just stick with Cutler. Cutler ran the most prolific offense (IMO ) in the NFL last season. He is young and at 8-8 finally had a "non losing" season. His upside is extremely high. I don't think Cassel or anyone else would be an upgrade. Josh needs to teach him to win and limit his mistakes. Big, strong armed and mobile..what's the problem here?

As for Cutler, he and his agent need to check what they are saying. Comparing him to Brady and Manning is of course way out of line. They (Brady and Manning)have accomplished much more in the ways of leading their teams (didn't Manning throw Cutler in the pool during the Pro Bowl, shorting out his insulin monitor..a bit stupid IMo).
    Also, Cutler should feel damn lucky that McD was brought in. You get an offensive minded coach that has run one of the NFL's best offenses. Talk about "lucking out ". I'm sure he would like a better d, but will take a good offensive coach to replace Shanahan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Jay Cutler also has excellent weapons. Eddie Royal the rookie WR from Virginia Tech looks like an absolute steal and a future number one WR. Marshall is a great WR (he's a headcase) but he's a playmaker. And now they add Jabar Gaffney a solid third receiver.

The WR situation is way better than anywhere they would ship Cutler off to. If Cutler was smart, he shuts his mouth, plays the good guy in the media, "It's just a reality in this business, they pay me good money to play QB, that's what I'm going to do." Cutler goes out next season, throws for over 4,000 yards and 30 plus TDs, he'll have all the leverage over McDaniels if the Broncos don't make the playoffs. A young Franchise QB always beats a young coach, just ask John Elway and Dan Reeves. But Cutler needs to go out and prove he's a franchise QB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

No Chargers are cry babies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maybe Cutler is overreacting, but I think McDaniels made a big mistake. Franchise quarterbacks, especially young ones, need to be shown confidence by their head coach. He has every right to want Cassel instead of Cutler, but if he's going to go for it, he better make damn sure he gets it done. He should have gone to BB earlier about it quietly to see if it was even an option.

That being said, I firmly believe the reports of the #12 pick being offered are bogus. People who truly believe BB would turn that down for the #34 pick really don't know Belichick that well. Reports are being blown out of proportion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm having a little trouble detemining what Cutler's problem is. If what McDaniels said is how it happened -- Tampa Bay approached with a questionalbe offer and Denver said "no" -- I'm sure that's happeneing all over the league right now. And even if McDaniels is covering, who the f*ck if Jay Cutler? While it's true, as posted above, that big-money quarterbacks almost always survive coaches, if it was me I might be a little more careful how I threw my weight around until I had actually . . . ummm . . . you know -- accomplished something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]I'm having a little trouble detemining what Cutler's problem is. If what McDaniels said is how it happened -- Tampa Bay approached with a questionalbe offer and Denver said "no" -- I'm sure that's happeneing all over the league right now. And even if McDaniels is covering, who the f*ck if Jay Cutler? While it's true, as posted above, that big-money quarterbacks almost always survive coaches, if it was me I might be a little more careful how I threw my weight around until I had actually . . . ummm . . . you know -- accomplished something.[/Quote]

Mike -

I think we have 2 individuals mishandling this situation. Cutler's being a baby, and McDaniels is trying to play GM 6 weeks into his maiden voyage. Best to learn to crawl before you try to run.

This whole episode may actually help the broncos. If McDaniels wants to accomplish anything this year, he needs Cutler on board. If Cutler is so offended he wants out, then he better show that he is good enough to warrant a lot of teams' interest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Denver media (print/radio) think Cutler is a baby and needs to grow up...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]

No Chargers are cry babies.

[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I'm rooting for McDaniels and Cutler.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'm rooting for McDaniels and Cutler.

Of course you are! If the Colts want any chance of winning in January the Chargers need to be out of the mix!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey Jbolt, the only time Tom Brady cries is when he receives a Super Bowl ring!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]Hey Jbolt, the only time Tom Brady cries is when he receives a Super Bowl ring!!![/Quote]

The only time I cry is thinking about all the pictures of you I'm missin'.

OOO Yaaa babe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Man, if O'Connell have had a little more time in our system i really believe he would have played over Cassel last season. I was really impressed with him last preseason & the little time he saw during the regular season. He reminds me a little (i said a little) of TB, except he scrambles like Cassel.
    As for Cutler......he's a stupid hick. I just look @ him & laugh. His stats last year were garbage. The Pro Bowl has become an absolute joke. He has a 10 million dollar arm & a ten cent head. Oh, & a hair cut like Lloyd Christmas...

Sections
Shortcuts