Anyone Else Think Shane Vereen Is The Wild Card In AFC Championship...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ExZimmermen. Show ExZimmermen's posts

Anyone Else Think Shane Vereen Is The Wild Card In AFC Championship...

He is a mismatch nightmare for the Broncos.   Vereen is especially deadly on 3rd down where if he has space in the flat can put you straight in field goal range.  If he has +50 yards receiving, the Patriots win this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Anyone Else Think Shane Vereen Is The Wild Card In AFC Championship...

Nope, I think it is Collins. The Broncos defense is pretty bad, so the difference maker is going to be our defense. If Collins can put some pressure on Peyton AND cover Julius Thomas well the Pats win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I think it's Collie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I think it's Amendola, Edleman will get his catches, I don't have faith KT or AD will make an impact. If DA can make a few big catches out of play action like he did in the Colts game we will be in good shape. Teams already know Vereen is a match up nightmare and will try to stop him, especially on 3rd down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Vareen, if he can stop dropping the ball, will certainly be a nightmare for everyone. When is he going to stop wearing that cast?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I think it's Collie.

This...-_-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I hope it's Collins, but I have a feeling it's going to be Amendola.  Amendola has largely gone under the radar and teams are mainly focusing on Vereen and Edleman.  Wish I had a better guage of the health of Dobson, because if he's healthy, it may very well be him as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

We will see I hope all of the above are difference makers in 13 hours! Blount will force the defense to play 8 in the box, that opens up the passing game! So by virtue of just being in the backfield Blount is influencial....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

no turnovers by the Pats, the Pats win!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Injuries are the wildcard, mainly keep Siliga healthy for two more games and we can win.  Also hope that the Hawks and 49ers beat the heck out of each other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

If he plays call me crazy it's Dobson. If he don't I will go with amendola

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Vereen is unlikely to be able to do much side to side today, Denver is too quick. Here are you keys.

1. The Pats D will be huge today, if Peyton gets on a roll it's over.

2. Amendola....deep down he knows the drill.

3. Josh McDainels, his best game plan today should suit him...pass early and then unleash the hounds.

4. Tom Brady....do not force the ball today...turnovers will = a loss today.

5. The Pats themselves, i, e, the Pats have a long history of playing poorly in Denver. Gonna need to reverse that today.

I will not make a prediction today....I'm strictly a fan today.

Good Luck Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Yes, as a receiver, I think Vareen is a tough matchup for the Broncos (like others, I like Collie also).  Thing is, he's got to catch the darn ball.  That wheel route they run is almost always open, but if memory serves Vareen's had dropsies on that play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Vereen is unlikely to be able to do much side to side today, Denver is too quick. Here are you keys.

1. The Pats D will be huge today, if Peyton gets on a roll it's over.

2. Amendola....deep down he knows the drill.

3. Josh McDainels, his best game plan today should suit him...pass early and then unleash the hounds.

4. Tom Brady....do not force the ball today...turnovers will = a loss today.

5. The Pats themselves, i, e, the Pats have a long history of playing poorly in Denver. Gonna need to reverse that today.

I will not make a prediction today....I'm strictly a fan today.

Good Luck Pats.

I'm with you... it is all about being a fan and enjoying this team for what they are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's Hightower. Denver has too many skilled players to throw to, Hightower will need to continue to play well in space (like he has for the past few games)...if its like the first time we played Denver (where manning literally would point at Hightower, audible and then throw the ball right over him) we are going to be in trouble.

Vareen is going to have to be big too. In fact they all are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think it's Hightower. Denver has too many skilled players to throw to, Hightower will need to continue to play well in space (like he has for the past few games)...if its like the first time we played Denver (where manning literally would point at Hightower, audible and then throw the ball right over him) we are going to be in trouble.

If Hightower covering receivers or backs crossing the middle is the wild card, then we might as well not play. BB doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would stake his season on a 270 pound Lber in coverage.

I think whover we put on  Julius Thomas is indeed the wild card.  If PM plays catch with this guy all day we are cooked. Take away him and Ww underneath and force PM to throw longer pssses to DT amd Decker outside the numbers or deep. I think our secondary is the best Denver has played all season...including when they played us(we are better now). 

After Gronk went down, Julius Thomas became the best all around TE in the game. He should be and will be, imo priority #1.

Siliga manning the middle against moreno and ball will also he a huge factor. No easy runs today.

6 more hours!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

If Hightower covering receivers or backs crossing the middle is the wild card, then we might as well not play. BB doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would stake his season on a 270 pound Lber in coverage.

I think whover we put on  Julius Thomas is indeed the wild card.  If PM plays catch with this guy all day we are cooked. Take away him and Ww underneath and force PM to throw longer pssses to DT amd Decker outside the numbers or deep. I think our secondary is the best Denver has played all season...including when they played us(we are better now). 

After Gronk went down, Julius Thomas became the best all around TE in the game. He should be and will be, imo priority #1.

Siliga manning the middle against moreno and ball will also he a huge factor. No easy runs today.

6 more hours!

Yeah, I agree, but you know this is a passing offense, he will have to cover some. Peyton will isolate him...but Hightower has played better. Thomas is very much the wild card, agreed. Hopefully Collins will get him every time, but you know that's not going to happen. And I agree our secondary is the best it's been in years, which is why I think we have a chance in this game...Dennard and Talib are good players. Manning may not be able to just sit there and complete easy pass, after easy pass. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

On the offensive side it could very very well be Vereen as he creates mismatches. However, if Dobson is in fact ready to play he could be a true killer as well. 

On defense the differences could be either from the pass rush which will be sorely challenged by a really solid Denver line or the coverage of Talib, Dennard, Ryan, McCourty AND... Collins... 

The X factor on D could very well be clutch plays and forced turnovers. Nink, Jones, Hightower, Collins, Talib, Dennard, Ryan, McCourty... all could make some x factor plays....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Add a check next to Collie for me as the x factor. Hope Vereen contributes but don't think he'll be a major factor on offense today. Need everyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

6 more hours!

Yeah, I agree, but you know this is a passing offense, he will have to cover some. Peyton will isolate him...but Hightower has played better. Thomas is very much the wild card, agreed. Hopefully Collins will get him every time, but you know that's not going to happen. And I agree our secondary is the best it's been in years, which is why I think we have a chance in this game...Dennard and Talib are good players. Manning may not be able to just sit there and complete easy pass, after easy pass. 

Yep, Hightower at least has to be able to stop yac! Tackles at the point of the catch. I wonder if Collins even covers Julius? Couldn't you see BB doing something innovative like putting Talib on Julius and Dennard on DT? Logan on Decker. We are probably keeping DMC over the top anyway, so I don't think you lose much and you gain a ton by possibly shutting down Julius!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

On offense I am feeling another Danny Amendola day! 2 big plays today and a big td! This guy is underrated and will face single coverage as the N.E power run game forces Denver to commit extra defenders.

Sections
Shortcuts