Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?

Nothing against Mccourty. I think he will be a solid player for the Pats. I know Bryant hasn't been consistent this year but he sure looks like he has the potential to be a stud WR in the NFL.

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?

Think about what the Pats' pass defense (bad as it is now)  would look like without McCourty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Here's a thought. Coulda, shoulda, woulda is a waste of time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

NO-McCourty is going to be a beast and he fit the team needs.  Wait untill next year and this team has McCourty on one side and Bodden on the other. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I'm pretty happy with McCourty. After watching Bryant's body language after Kitna overthrew him on a play last night, I'd say that he isn't as good of a fit for this team as McCourty is. And that's coming from someone who, on draft day, had Dez Bryant at the top of my wish list.

Also, when we traded down with our original pick, didn't we get an extra draft pick? So, in reality it's McCourty and whatever other pick we gained, vs Dez Bryant.

Both look like they are going to be pretty solid....I'm happy with McCourty.

Go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

In Response to Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?:
    Nothing against Mccourty. I think he will be a solid player for the Pats. I know Bryant hasn't been consistent this year but he sure looks like he has the potential to be a stud WR in the NFL. Any thoughts?
    Posted by bonestix

No

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

p-mike hit it on the nose.  Good CBs are rare, good WRs are not.  This was a huge issue after the draft.  Nobody had heard of McCourty but plenty of folks had heard of Bryant and were upset that the choice wasn't Bryant.  What McCourty has done as a rookie is simply amazing.  This is absolutely a no brainer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from capps. Show capps's posts

> Also, when we traded down with our original pick, didn't we get an extra draft pick? So, in reality it's McCourty and whatever other pick we gained, vs Dez Bryant

If I remember correctly...we passed on Dez and traded our 1st to Denver for their 1st and 4th, and then we passed on him again and traded the 1st from Denver to Dallas for their 1st and 3rd.  So in some ways we got 3 picks, McCourty, (3rd) Price and (4th) Hernandez.  So by passing on him twice I'm quite happy with the results.  BB is god.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Good job capps!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

At the time of the draft, they already had their quota of diva receivers.  Now it seems unlikely that there will be another of that type in Foxboro any time soon.  So I would say there are no regrets about Dez. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?:
    /> Also, when we traded down with our original pick, didn't we get an extra draft pick? So, in reality it's McCourty and whatever other pick we gained, vs Dez Bryant If I remember correctly...we passed on Dez and traded our 1st to Denver for their 1st and 4th, and then we passed on him again and traded the 1st from Denver to Dallas for their 1st and 3rd.  So in some ways we got 3 picks, McCourty, (3rd) Price and (4th) Hernandez.  So by passing on him twice I'm quite happy with the results.  BB is god.
    Posted by capps

Thanks capps...I knew there was something more! I'll take McCourty and Hernandez over Dez Bryant.....throw in Price (who even though he hasn't played yet, and probably won't play this year....he's got lots of potential)......and it's not much of a choice.

As much of a stud as Bryant could be as a WR, McCourty and Hernandez have both shown they can be every much of a stud at their respective positions, and I'll take a stud CB over a stud WR anyday of the week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

In Response to Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?:
    Nothing against Mccourty. I think he will be a solid player for the Pats. I know Bryant hasn't been consistent this year but he sure looks like he has the potential to be a stud WR in the NFL. Any thoughts?
    Posted by bonestix

Good points a feel a little better now. I agree with the body language after the Kitna pass. That looks like a future headache. I do think he becomes an elite WR in the next few years though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

No. They wouldn't have gotten McCourty.  He would have been gone by the 2nd pick.  To use picks to move up to get him means missing out on more than the combination of Cunningham, Spikes, Gronkowski or Hernandez.  There would have been some serious consequences to this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'm much happier with McCourty in the 1st and Hernandez in the 4th. Not sure if Belichick is god. Pretty sure Jerry Jones is a meddlesome idiot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

/> Also, when we traded down with our original pick, didn't we get an extra draft pick? So, in reality it's McCourty and whatever other pick we gained, vs Dez Bryant If I remember correctly...we passed on Dez and traded our 1st to Denver for their 1st and 4th, and then we passed on him again and traded the 1st from Denver to Dallas for their 1st and 3rd.  So in some ways we got 3 picks, McCourty, (3rd) Price and (4th) Hernandez.  So by passing on him twice I'm quite happy with the results.  BB is god.
    Posted by capps

So your FULL argument is that: NE got a stud TE in a Dallas Clark mold in Aaron Hernandez, a WR to groom as a future deep threat, and a CB in McCourty who has played amazingly as a rook and in a harder position successwise to find than wide receiver in the NFL...OR we coulda gotten pretty talented rookie wide receiver who has gotten hurt already in training camp who acts like a "Me-First" diva, Noone else, and had under performing Darius Butler as our #1 CB, oft-injured Terrence Wheatley as our #2 CB, Jonathen Wilhite as our nickel CB, and noone on the bench, Am I Correct?  I'll have to give this some fuller thought and get back to it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

ARE YOU KIDDING?  Did you watch the end of the Dallas game against Minnesota, where Dez Bryant wasted 25 seconds of a very valuable 61 seconds left in the game to dance his way to a 17 yard kick return, leaving his team well out of field goal range and without enough time to get there???!?!??!?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

No way. Devin is a stud. Most Pats fans thought he would be playing in a nickel role this season while he got some experience; instead, he is playing as their top CB and he looks like a veteran. Imo he will be a shutdown corner within the next couple of seasons.

I wouldn't swap McCourty for Bryant straight up. When you factor in the extra players BB got by trading down, it's a no-brainer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

NO-McCourty is going to be a beast and he fit the team needs.  Wait untill next year and this team has McCourty on one side and Bodden on the other. 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

when he becomes a beast in a few years he'll be out the door.  like all players that come into contract year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No. Draft, and pair him with Moss, and how that unfolded? No thanks.

And McCourty to boot! No brainer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

No Way!!!!   Bryant is a head case.  He will be a locker room nightmare. 
    The offense is doing great.  He would not have fit in with the current plans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

No

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Bryant has Roy Williams written all over him. No thank you. I thought this was a sarcastic thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant? : when he becomes a beast in a few years he'll be out the door.  like all players that come into contract year

Posted by ssmilloy36

Assuming your premise (all studs leave) to be true, then Dez would leave too, right?

Sections
Shortcuts