Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?

Let's assume he does become a stud.  I'm not sure McCoutry will not be a stud either.  He's pretty good for a rookie.

But this to me is the bottom line.  With Bodden out for the season, we would have been in a world of hurt without McCoutry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm sorry, but do people realize how well McCourty is playing? He is their best defensive back. Did you see that int on Sunday? Terrific play.

Bryant can't even stay on the field. I think there should be doubts whether Bryant can reach McCourty's current level of play. Bryant is the 4th WR on a 1-5 team. 

Even if the Pats had Bodden and Deion Sanders in his prime, McCourty is the better pick. It's not even a discussion. He's a much better player that may develop into a star. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Jeez, maybe they should draft guys like Maroney  who they could actually pay less than their rookie deal. That'd be a great pick in your book, huh?

I'm sorry, but your statement was very troll like. Didn't the pats just sign Wilfork in the offseason? Doesn't that prove how dumb your statement is? Try to enjoy instead of being a hemorrhoid!

In Response to Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant? : when he becomes a beast in a few years he'll be out the door.  like all players that come into contract year
    Posted by ssmilloy36[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

In Response to Anyone else think the Pats should have drafted Dez Bryant?:
    [QUOTE]Nothing against Mccourty. I think he will be a solid player for the Pats. I know Bryant hasn't been consistent this year but he sure looks like he has the potential to be a stud WR in the NFL. Any thoughts?

Posted by bonestix[/QUOTE]

22 grabs for about 260 yards is decent for a rook but that still puts him well behind Hernandez whom the Pats targeted in the 4th round.  Dez looks decent but he hasn't made BB look bad for passing over him...Yet.

So I'm not sure why you even posed this question?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

McCourty and Bodden next year will be magical. Wilhite is playing much better in the slot, too. 

Our secondary is going to be amazing. McCourty, Bodden and Wilhite at CB. Meriweather, Chung and McGowan at the safety positions (I hope we finally cut Sanders loose). Mayo and Spikes having gelled into a cohesive unit. Warren, Wilfork and a new stud top ten drafted DE at the DL. Cunningham and probably a first rounder at OLB. 

Top 5, that's right! I said top 5(!!!)defense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think McCourty is going to add more value to this team than Bryant would have. It's a lot harder to win without a good corner than it is without a top WR. This isn't to say that a top WR isn't important or wouldn't be nice to get, but WR's are like icing and corners like cake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

Mcourty is playing pretty damn good for a rookie corner. I didnt know anything about him when he was picked but so far Im more than happy with him over Dez Bryant

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

You can't have it all, and defense was a higher priority. It doesn't matter if Bryant becomes a stud. he could have been a dud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

you want dez, go watch the 1-5 cowboys!

Imagine this secondary without the steady play of McCourty? we would be dreadful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think a dominant corner is very hard to find, moreso than a WR.  McCourty has all the makings of a #1 corner, and I think that position is much more critical.  Plus Bryant seems to have that diva factor about him, not sure he was a fit here for that reason. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I like Dez Bryant but McCourty has proven to be our best Cover corner and the best looking rookie CB we've drafted since Ty Law. Top Cover Corners are a lot harder to come by than WR's. I'm very happy with our choice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Nope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No Way.  Disaster in the making.  I don't know why people fall for this stuff. Great athlete, great talent, but he's a character and maturity rating of 1.

PASS

Thank god BB did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the pats have what the number one offense right now? why would we draft MORE OFFENSE if its already the best?