Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?

The chiefs had a plan and they were executing it.  Remember Crennel knows us well.  So they were doing great. Then came the adjustments, just like Rusty used to scream about, when it appeared there were none. Now we adjust and Rusty has issues with the spread.  Oh well...  Some people just believe that"nothing's any good".... 

I agree that sometimes they go away from the run too soon but as an offense the PATS do so many things, why eliminate one over the other?  Do both but execute....  The key is execution.  Its what players are supposed to do. 

I thought the coaching was sensational last night.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?:
    Wait for it!! Start of 2nd qtr! 3rd and 8 at KC 30(Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at KC 30 for 0 yards (W.Gilberry). FUMBLES (W.Gilberry) [W.Gilberry], RECOVERED by KC-A.Bailey at KC 27. A.Bailey to KC 27 for no gain (S.Vollmer).
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Are you really complaining about being in the shotgun on 3rd and 8?  What defense doesn't sell out against the pass on 3rd and 8?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : Yes! When was the last time we ran a draw or a set screen on 3rd and 8??!!! YES I AM REaLLY COMPLAING ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY AFTER A FREAKING FUMBLE! Brady has fumbled the most in his career this year. Wake up!

And what about the shotgun prevents the Patriots from calling a draw or a screen pass?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

... just accept that when we shift quicly to the shotgun base spread for really NO REASON, it doesn't work.... We need to stay with the Weis base for an ENTIRE first half.

See, I think this is just nit-picking.  First 30 minutes of a game, or first 20.  Is that the difference you're so hung up on?  Because they did what you wanted for the first 20 minutes.  And failed spectacularly.  Tried something different, that didn't work.  Went back, and it finally clicked.

They didn't move away from it on that 4th drive for "no reason."  They changed it up because their offense was stagnant.  Due to, in my opinion, poor line play.  We just disagree on what "too quickly" means.  I think giving the Weis base 3 drives to get going is enough time.  You seem to think it should be a half.

We've seen last night's start before.  And in previous weeks, the Pats would abandon the Weis base on the second drive.  I was happy they stuck with it for 3 drives, and then I was happy they tried something different on a 4th.  And I was happy that they then went back to it on the 5th.  I wasn't happy with the results of those first 4 drives, but I place the blame for that on the players' performance instead of O'Brien's play-calling.

For LAST NIGHT'S GAME.  I feel I have to stress that.  Just for LAST NIGHT'S GAME.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : Yes! When was the last time we ran a draw or a set screen on 3rd and 8??!!! YES I AM REaLLY COMPLAING ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY AFTER A FREAKING FUMBLE! Brady has fumbled the most in his career this year. Wake up!

You think that fumble was because of the shotgun.  Wow.  Just... wow.

You don't think they should be in the shotgun on 3rd and long.  Wow.  Just... wow.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : Tehcnicaly it doesn't, but doesn't the shotgun tell a D NE is passing at a 95% clip

I agree with this, but my point was that on 3rd and 8 defenses are going to play the pass regardless of what formation you line up in meaning the "disguise" element of being under center is not nearly as effective.  I don't think it is so blatantly wrong to be in the shotgun on 3rd and long.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : This is about JUST execution to you?  Just execution with our ALl Pro or All pro talent all over the field? Really?

Please note the end of my post.  Here, I made it big for you.

I wasn't happy with the results of those first 4 drives, but I place the blame for that on the players' performance instead of O'Brien's play-calling.

For LAST NIGHT'S GAME.  I feel I have to stress that.  Just for LAST NIGHT'S GAME.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : No one can read that.

Congratulations on trolling me, someone who agrees with you 90% of the time, to the point where you are now on ignore.  Tool.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I thought our Oline was falt at the beginning
    I thought our WR's got jammed
    We ran but not efectively

In the secon half our Oline got better
    we ran better routes against MTM
    We ran better

I see Vareen has some giddyap in him

the next 6 games are all developmental
    games for both sides of the ball
    We also need to get every one healthy on D
    and contieu to make fewere mental mistakes
    (btw I love Ninko!!!!)

We need to continue develop schemes that benefit
    our unique talent pool on offense
    Gronk in the backfield , Out #1 pick as an Olineman
    and a TE! Is Vareen a Home run hitter?

I don't believe there is a GREAT team in the NFL
    We will have a chance - but will not be favored to
    win in the SBif we get there

The Philly game is going to be interesting
    but Vince Young will turn it over

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

How did I troll you?  You missed the point early in the thread and now are lashing out in embarrassment for missing the point? That's not my issue. You weren't listening, I then displayed the game log to show the progression to substantiate the point and you then got angry.

The correct Vernacular would be that you flamed him..Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hey Rusty, hows it going?  I see you still playing nice and making up stuff....lol

Brady fumbled 6 times in 2002. That was the most he ever had.

This is 3 times in 2 days I caught you making stuff up.  Also you fail to realize that Romeo is a good coordinator and Brady has started slow for a while now with the injury. The run was established and we still stunk early on.

Brady has a wife and 2 kids and believe me, he is not the same student of the game and its showing also. Its no "run" conspiracy. Brady cant stay up all night studying defenses and he takes longer now to figure out confusing defenses.  It happens. I still love him though

Sections
Shortcuts