Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?

In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? :  Brady has a wife and 2 kids and believe me, he is not the same student of the game and its showing also.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

What's your evidence for this?  I think that's a pretty bold statement.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : Why do people get so angry? Why can't they just say " you know, those are good points" and see the point? He's angry at me saying "wow, you think Brady fumbled due to the shotgun", when I know he wouldn't have while NOT in the shotgun, freaking out due to a collapsed pocket. So, isn't it insulting to me to say "wow" when we know he wouldn't have been rushed and fumbled, scrambling out of a collapsed pocket in the shotgun? He run and scrambled due to failed shotgun spread. How hard is this? Here is Brady's ranking for fumbles, career, and I'd bet dollard to donuts (lol, no Phat Rex in here,  but Shizzly showed up so maybe Jay baby will look for a dozen donuts), that MOST of these fumbles came from the shotgun spread formation. When Brady fumbled last night, I thought, the old Brady in the Weis base would have thrown that ball away. http://www.playerfilter.com/nfl/most-fumbles/#/g,u;fum,desc,r;fuml&s=t&gtf=2000_2009&limit=180
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You have failed to mention one of the biggest advantages of the shotgun (and a large success for both Brady and Manning) is that it allows the QB to get a better look at the D standing farther back and viewing the whole field. 

That is especially necessary for Brady and Manning who call a good number of plays at the line and adjust/change plays to what they see.  That is much easier to do from a shotgun then being under center. 

They can also run out of the shotgun.  That is what Faulk and Woody are primarily for.  Plus as they showed last night,  if teams sell out for the pass the perfect solution from the shotgun --- SCREEN PASS. 

To me the Pats problem is not the shotgun its what we have seen all along:

1) If a team can get pressure with 4 guys.
    2) If teams are aggressive against the receivers and disrupt the timing of the offense.
    3) If they continue to run on 2nd and 10 and put themselves in 3rd in long.

I agree with you they need balance to keep defenses off balance but I think they can still do that out of the shotgun.  I think it is too there advantage to do both out of the shotgun because if they just pass out of the shotgun and run when under center, that's even more predictable then what they do now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : What's your evidence for this?  I think that's a pretty bold statement.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I have  a wife and recently had my first kid and believe me, there is no more free time. Look, I am not saying he isnt dedicated,. but its commone sense.  He doesnt even get the free parking anymore. He doesnt have the time.  Doesnt mean he cant come to the stadium at 6 a.m. but at home, he is a husband and father which is a lot to handle early on.

Rusty you said he was All pro, you said we are SB team, and now Brady has fumbled the most of his career.The broadcasters noticed that he had fumbled the last 3 to 4 games, they mentioned nothing about most in his career.   I could work at a 7-11 and still not be insulted by you.  The dumber you make me out to be, what does it say about you?  Atleast I am not in here telling fairy tails ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Fair enough and I agree the visibility is better, but this just goes back to the playcalling DURING a game. Keep in mind, we switched to a shotgun base and the second we did it, Brady fumbled staring down the middle of the field, with the pocket collapsing. I repeat: I am not against any use of it, but it always fails when we tell teams we are passing in it. Case in point: 1. Use the shotgun and hit draws or screens from it. 2. Use the shotgun and just roll Brady out. 3. Use the shotgun with 1 TE back and 1 RB back to block. See? You just mentioned one of these plays, so I know you get part of it. We use it with a 4 or 5 base spread every time, which lets the D know, it's a 99% chance this is a pass and will be to the middle of the field.

I agree with you there 100 percent.  I have been pleading for a new Off Co-ordinater for years.  I think play calling not necessarily the formations are the BIG problem.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense?:
    [QUOTE]Since there are so many "anyone else" threads, I figured I'd start the one that needs to be started. DISCUSS:

It seems obvious.  KC came out blitz crazy, hyped up, and were willing to burn the house down to get at Brady.  It doesn't need to be discussed.  It's a continuation of the "blueprint"  and every time someone throws a few new wrinkles in it.  Beauty of the thing is, they are solving it faster now.  Learning.  Using the tools.  And that Defense is starting to HELP, not hurt.  With good field position, great stops, and intimidation.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : Hey Rusty, hows it going?  I see you still playing nice and making up stuff....lol Brady fumbled 6 times in 2002. That was the most he ever had. This is 3 times in 2 days I caught you making stuff up.  Also you fail to realize that Romeo is a good coordinator and Brady has started slow for a while now with the injury. The run was established and we still stunk early on. Brady has a wife and 2 kids and believe me, he is not the same student of the game and its showing also. Its no "run" conspiracy. Brady cant stay up all night studying defenses and he takes longer now to figure out confusing defenses.  It happens. I still love him though

I have  a wife and recently had my first kid and believe me, there is no more free time. 

I will now place you in the MORON category and dismiss everything else you say.  You, sir, are stupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : It seems obvious.  KC came out blitz crazy, hyped up, and were willing to burn the house down to get at Brady.  It doesn't need to be discussed.  It's a continuation of the "blueprint"  and every time someone throws a few new wrinkles in it.  Beauty of the thing is, they are solving it faster now.  Learning.  Using the tools.  And that Defense is starting to HELP, not hurt.  With good field position, great stops, and intimidation.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

The best part is we are having this discussion after a 34 to 3 VICTORY.  Most teams are trying to fix problems after losses.  We are so spoiled in this town right now (all teams included).  Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yeah, Rusty when you meet that special someone at the massage parlor and decide to make her your wife or that mail order bride you play with, you may get the chance to concieve a child and maybe not be on this board so much and enjoy a family.  Nice try though. I am no QB, but ummmm, a wife and kids are a wife and kids no matter where you go. Good luck finding a woman to sleep with you...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : The best part is we are having this discussion after a 34 to 3 VICTORY.  Most teams are trying to fix problems after losses.  We are so spoiled in this town right now (all teams included).  Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

I pretty much loathe Todd Haley after seeing him chase Josh McDaniels down and yell at him for "running up the score" after a game.  I LOVED watching him implode last night.  PRICELESS.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

so Dave, you think someone that lived, breathed, ate football still has the same time to put in at home watching film until 2 in the a.m. that he used too?

Is there another reason why he is not getting the free parking for most dedicated player?  Did I say that I wanted any other qb? Brady with no film study at all is still better than half of the qb's out there. Yes, He still studies and watches all the games of the opponents, but he is not living football like he used to, and if you think he is and you also have a wife and kids, then IDK,. must be a deadbeat. Children, esp. young ones require lots of attention, but it not the point I was trying to make. I have been saying that. It is what it is. You dont have to agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I'm more worried about the offensive line than anything on this team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Rusty when you meet that special someone at the massage parlor and decide to make her your wife or that mail order bride you play with, you may get the chance to concieve a child and maybe not be on this board so much and enjoy a family.  Nice try though. I am no QB, but ummmm, a wife and kids are a wife and kids no matter where you go. Good luck finding a woman to sleep with you...lol

yeah, because Tom Brady, being JUST LIKE YOU, can't afford to have like 12 nannies, an on hand child psychologist, diaper changer, stroller pusher, etc.  Oh, and his wife is helpless too.  Yep.  You are just a MORON.  Or, you pushed a silly theory, got called on it, and just stubbornly refuse to say "yeah that was dumb, I retract that statement".  And before you say it, I have 3 kids, each 2 years or less apart, all out of high school, so I have been there.  You are wrong.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Scientists have proven that the main cause of global warming is the Mcdaniels base spread offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Why do you think you are older than me russ?

You are not.  I agree with you at times, sometimes I dont, but I will consistently call you out when I see fit and you will consistently act immature. Those are garauntees. You couldnt be further from the truth about me. Some thought i would never have kids, cuz the I lived the playa life, which you know nothing about. I had my son late actually and you should knock up whatever chic fell for your dum a ss before she wakes up. Good day, and have fun arguing all day, must be like therapy for you since you are so worked up after a big win...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Else Wonder Who Abducted Our First Half Offense? : yeah, because Tom Brady, being JUST LIKE YOU, can't afford to have like 12 nannies, an on hand child psychologist, diaper changer, stroller pusher, etc.  Oh, and his wife is helpless too.  Yep.  You are just a MORON.  Or, you pushed a silly theory, got called on it, and just stubbornly refuse to say "yeah that was dumb, I retract that statement".  And before you say it, I have 3 kids, each 2 years or less apart, all out of high school, so I have been there.  You are wrong.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

So be it, but you will never prove me wrong. I have info, you have info. I read more into things then you may know. Brady doesnt stay at the stadium all day and night while his "nannies" do the work, and if you didnt know his wife is pretty busy too.  I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, but the thing is, I am not. I stated my opinion and you dont agree. When you move in with Brady then you can tell me Im wrong, otherwise, carry on sir.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]I'm more worried about the offensive line than anything on this team.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Good news on that front.  Matt light got hurt last night.  Much rather see Soldier or Cannon in there.  Turn out the "lights" the parties over...