Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileyjtb661. Show baileyjtb661's posts

Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?

After several losses of defensive personnel with no immediate replacements,am I the only one thinking that this D is going to give up alot of points?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?

i agree. while most of the outgoing players were up there in years, look at who our defensive playmakers have been the last few years.  i think that the raiders first rounder will have great value, but we dont see anything for TWO more years! maybe now we have the cap room to sign a new playmaker? looking at riess's blog for our defense, once you get away from our dline and mayo we are very thin. hope this works out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?

Our CBs are going to be picked apart this season and not because of their lack of talent, mostly because of a lack of a good pass rush. QBs will have on average 8-10 seconds to throw in the pocket. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! RUN!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?:
    Our CBs are going to be picked apart this season and not because of their lack of talent, mostly because of a lack of a good pass rush. QBs will have on average 8-10 seconds to throw in the pocket. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    Do you realize how long 8-10 seconds is? Your whole statement is absurd. The whole defensive scheme is being changed to a 4-3 to increase the pass rush and Burgess is a pro bowl quality paqss rusher in that scheme.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure?:
    In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : Do you realize how long 8-10 seconds is? Your whole statement is absurd.
    Posted by flasox

Alot. Without a Pass rush it might get longer. On average, I would say an NFL QB has 5 seconds to make a pass. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileyjtb661. Show baileyjtb661's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : Do you realize how long 8-10 seconds is? Your whole statement is absurd. The whole defensive scheme is being changed to a 4-3 to increase the pass rush and Burgess is a pro bowl quality paqss rusher in that scheme.
    Posted by flasox

8-10 seconds is certainly an overstatement,burgess was intended to fill the void left by vrabel,and the fact that the pats will be playing predomanately 4-3 should be a concern since we are now short on 1st string d-linemen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

WTheF? No Im not worried, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, and Seymour were liabilities anyway..

They were GREAT in their prime but they are all at the end of the line. I love them all to death and respect what they did but it was sort of time for them to go

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

We have no pass rush anymore!! Season over. Time to put the pink hats back in the drawers/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : Alot. Without a Pass rush it might get longer. On average, I would say an NFL QB has 5 seconds to make a pass. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    Then you must think the Pats pass rush is the worst in the league cause no team gives another team that long to pass. Once again I think you are greatly mistaken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

no one was freaking out when rodney retired.  not many were worried when bruschi retired because it was time.  everything was fine yesterday. and everything will be fine tomorrow and the day after.  he was not like some sort of lone pillar in this defense. removing him doesnt cause our entire defense to crumble. jarvis green and myron pryor will rotate in his spot.  chill out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

no one was freaking out when rodney retired.  not many were worried when bruschi retired because it was time.  everything was fine yesterday. and everything will be fine tomorrow and the day after.  he was not like some sort of lone pillar in this defense. removing him doesnt cause our entire defense to crumble. jarvis green and myron pryor will rotate in his spot.  chill out
    Posted by FOWLER8196
    Its not like Seymour was an iron man in the line up. The  Pats have won many games without him in the past years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No, i think its a great move. We knew this defense was shaky since we watched them send the Colts to the Super Bowl against the bears and watched them meltdown against the jints in the SB. who would doubt BB?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileyjtb661. Show baileyjtb661's posts

We have no pass rush anymore!! Season over. Time to put the pink hats back in the drawers/
    Posted by WCPatsFan

no pink hats in my household.one thought to keep in mind is that blind faith is rarely rewarded and the fact that patriots nation has not been rewarded since the "in belichick we trust" mantra was adopted,to show some skepticism is indeed warranted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileyjtb661. Show baileyjtb661's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : Its not like Seymour was an iron man in the line up. The  Pats have won many games without him in the past years.
    Posted by flasox

look at the numbers ,he hasn't missed nearly as many games as you think.he played in 111 of a possible 128.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : Then you must think the Pats pass rush is the worst in the league cause no team gives another team that long to pass. Once again I think you are greatly mistaken.
    Posted by flasox

I do. Our Pass rush was bad last season but it just got worst. Look at how long Jason Campbell had to throw in the pocket a couple of weeks ago. Now with 8 sacks gone QBs will have a field day. That's the thing about planing for the future, you get worst in the present. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? :     look at the numbers ,he hasn't missed nearly as many games as you think.
    Posted by baileyjtb661
    He missed 8 in 2007 and that didn't hurt us. He came up short in the Superbowl when he couldn't sack Manning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Anybody want to go to the Sept.14 game with me. My brother can't make it, so I'm looking 4 somebody 2 go with. The price of the ticket($117). I have good seats; lower level(14 rows from the field, Goal Line). U must buy the ticket one week in advance. We can go together or we can meet up at the game, what ever U prefer because I live in Springfield. let me know right away.
    My Email is mvieu77@aol.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by FOWLER8196

When Rodney retired we had Meriweather in the waiting. 
    Guyton and Mayo are better than Bruschi right now.
    When you lose your best pass rusher on a team that had a bad pass rush to begin with people tend to freak out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

It was a brilliant move.  The best part is by 2011 there should be a rookie salary cap in place so we may even use it instead of trading it.  Brilliant X 2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else worried about,what was already a shaky defense,after yet another departure? : I do. Our Pass rush was bad last season but it just got worst. Look at how long Jason Campbell had to throw in the pocket a couple of weeks ago. Now with 8 sacks gone QBs will have a field day. That's the thing about planing for the future, you get worst in the present. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    Obviously, I disagree with you but the proof is on the field and we will see what happens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

A month ago the Pats had the oldest team in the NFL.  We've gotten a lot younger since.  Seymour was likely not coming back after 2009 anyway so we lose him for a year but gain a 1st round pick.  At the rate the Raiders are improving it could be a top 5 pick. 

Now perhaps the Pats can lock up Wilfork and perhaps pick up another impact player on D.  We had the deepest DL in the league and could afford the move.  I'm still more worried about the secondary.  The best pass rush in the world won't matter if you can't cover for 2 seconds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Faucetman-  Nice to see you.....Locking up Wilfork is a priority along with locking up Mankins..... I am sure there will be a player the Pats can find for a year at LB or DL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Posted by FOWLER8196

Thank you! Good post! I trust the NE front office and Belichick with their decision making, so no need to question it. We'll be fine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from baileyjtb661. Show baileyjtb661's posts

It was a brilliant move.  The best part is by 2011 there should be a rookie salary cap in place so we may even use it instead of trading it.  Brilliant X 2
    Posted by Kmax

you must not be a fan of the phrase "the future is now!".

Sections
Shortcuts