Anyone find it strange about Branch..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Anyone find it strange about Branch..

I know Brady and Branch work very well together. Branch came in last season and him and Brady didn't miss a beat.  Seemed like Branch never left.  Yet this preseason branch has not caught a pass and has only been targeted once.  Do you find this a bit strange?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch..

Pats are slightly in desperate mode to get Johnson up to speed. He is no where near what they thought he would be. Pats also know Branch will play next Monday night like he never missed a beat.
    I was critical regarding the media and Johnson about 3 weeks ago on this BDC board and got slammed, but I still find it amazing that the media is reporting that Johnson is on Hard Knocks, yet they are not harping on the fact that he still doesn't have the playbook down, he has looked bad in practice, and if not for the $$$, Johnson would have been standing next to Sanders when BB summoned him a couple of days ago.
    My field of work often has me around the team. Trust me, the Pats are nervous about Johnson, not to the point that the season is in jeopardy, but if he doesn't come around they will walk on him.
    Notice I don't refer to Johnson as Ocho. Trust me again, you will never hear it from politically correct TB, but there are players down on the field that see the lack of production in practice and won't stand for the inequalities of keeping a guy not producing. They are also tired of the Ocho act

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

No I do think it's possible that brady has been trying to target other guys like price and Ocho  and the TEs, that need more game time experieance.  When you can turn it on mid season after 4 years like you never left I wouldn't worry to much. Branch is on the the latter end of his career and had knee problems, he's still a very good WR for this team, but don't discount Ocho or Price pushing him for receptions and reps by the end of the season. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch..:
    [QUOTE]Pats are slightly in desperate mode to get Johnson up to speed. He is no where near what they thought he would be. Pats also know Branch will play next Monday night like he never missed a beat. I was critical regarding the media and Johnson about 3 weeks ago on this BDC board and got slammed, but I still find it amazing that the media is reporting that Johnson is on Hard Knocks, yet they are not harping on the fact that he still doesn't have the playbook down, he has looked bad in practice, and if not for the $$$, Johnson would have been standing next to Sanders when BB summoned him a couple of days ago. My field of work often has me around the team. Trust me, the Pats are nervous about Johnson, not to the point that the season is in jeopardy, but if he doesn't come around they will walk on him. Notice I don't refer to Johnson as Ocho. Trust me again, you will never hear it from politically correct TB, but there are players down on the field that see the lack of production in practice and won't stand for the inequalities of keeping a guy not producing. They are also tired of the Ocho act
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

They are not desperate at all, they went 14-2 last year with tate as the 2nd wide out last yeara and now they have Tate, Ohco and Price emerging.  Ohco's $4.5 mill is guaranteed so he's going NO WHERE this year.  Sorry to get all "Riding with the king on you" but your sounding very Trollish.  Are you Jets fan??

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Im not worried about it or anything but I find it kind of strange.  If he's going to be on the field, which he has been a lot, then at least give him some balls.  Especially when they looked very frustrated against the Lions, he could have helped out a little bit. Which leads me to my next point....

The Pats O against the Lions looked like they did against the Jets in the playoffs.  Would have been a perfect time to work on certain things so it doesn't happen again.  A perfect chance to work on getting Branch the ball on some short passes but they just kept to plan A and had no plan B.  Preseason, a perfect time to work on these things and here was a great opportunity to do so but they didn't.  That's what worries me.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch.. : Where did you expect him to be 3 weeks into this? I am just curious what your expectation was and where you are getting this idea the Pats aren't happy with his progression so far.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    My expectation was that he would be at least 75% mastered the playbook and Brady having complete confidence in him. Countless other players have done it...too many to list, but Caldwell, Gaffney, Fauria, Edelman, Sam Aiken, K Brady to name a few immediately had the playbook down pat. Of course on the other hand Chris Baker, D Hayes and J Galloway didn't get it. 
    Johnson isn't up to speed yet. 
    You are asking where am I getting it? It is very evident in practice
    I was at practice last week and some of the ex players in the media were very vocal about it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mirage123. Show Mirage123's posts

[QUOTE]No I do think it's possible that brady has been trying to target other guys like price and Ocho  and the TEs, that need more game time experieance.  When you can turn it on mid season after 4 years like you never left I wouldn't worry to much. Branch is on the the latter end of his career and had knee problems, he's still a very good WR for this team, but don't discount Ocho or Price pushing him for receptions and reps by the end of the season. 
    Posted by Michael02127[/QUOTE]

If that is the case, why is he even on the field. They could use other receivers in his place.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't think it means much at all. Even during the season with the amount of weapons we have you could see Branch disappear from the Stat sheet for a couple of weeks. Not to mention in 3 games he's only played the equivalent of about 1 game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch.. : Where did you expect him to be 3 weeks into this? I am just curious what your expectation was and where you are getting this idea the Pats aren't happy with his progression so far.

What you are saying makes perfect sense.  Speaking only for myself though, when I see a player like Woodhead come in and INSTANTLY contribute (BOTH running and receiving)......or someone like Edelman who was learning a completely new position and did decent in Welker's absence the first part of his rookie year..........it makes me wonder.  Maybe Woodhead and Edelman are football geniuses.

All that said, I won't hop on the Ocho bashing bandwagon unless he isn't contributing much a month into the season.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have zero worries. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]I think RKarp is a somewhat knowledgable Pats fan who has a tendency to let the media tell him things that probably aren't very accurate. I have noticed he does this from time to time.
    Russ,
    I am part of the media! I am on the video side, not written side.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Well, my condolences. Read my thread on Troy Brown's take.  Essentially VERBATIM of what I just said here.
    Russ, between you and I, my 2 ex player media sources that have been complaining the most about Johnson not being up to speed on the playbook are T Brown and C Fauria. They are under the opinion, at least verbally in my presence, that Johnson is surprisingly behind the learning curve.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch.. : 75% mastered with the playbook? If you are going to be irrational, then we're done here. No way, there is enough time in the day in the last 3 weeks to have him run through 75% of the passing plays, with different routes, for him to master all of that. No way. That's ludicrious. Are you aware there was a lockout? Why would anyone expect a guy who just got a playbook, in this offense, to be up to speed 3 weeks later?
    Russ,
    Do a little checking. Find out how fast Edelman learned the entire play book. Also, ask your sources how pissed Brady was last year that Hernandez and Gronk never mastered it. And while you are at it, find out which one of them has mastered it this year (Gronk) and which one has been in BB's dog house as he still hasn't (Hernandez) 
    Youa re also missing the Johnson point, as it is not only about the playbook. If he isn't one of the best 53 players and he is on the team, some people (players and coaches) are going to be rubbed the wrong way

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

you know what though karp.... media people express their opinions all the time...  which should generally be kept to facts unless they are writing editorials... but they are still opinions...and alot of them are less informed than fans...even with all the access they get to the team...i have not read a lot of your posts but will follow you more closely from here on out...

i think branch is a known commodity but you NEVER know what bb is thinking...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone find it strange about Branch.. : Do you really not know how to spell perimeter?  Don't try to use words you don't know how to spell.... right?
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

do you really not know how to spell mcstupid??....  i guess it doesnt matter..its just understood

Sections
Shortcuts