Anyone going to switch to DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stephenxirinachs. Show stephenxirinachs's posts

Re: Anyone going to switch to DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket?

[QUOTE]I have long wanted to get the NFL Sunday ticket but my old Condo did not allow it, I recently moved and finally switched to DirecTV and I cannot wait to get every game it should go well with my HDTV Does anyone here have the Sunday Ticket? Is it worth it? I had a code too and got $100 bucks off instantly the code is (22709976) so if anyone switches to DirecTv just use that when you sign up Im interested in keeping tabs on Vrabel and Cassel in KC and watching the Bills and TO implode on themselves! If anyone has had the Sunday Ticket for awhile let me know if you got the SuperFan package and if its worth the extra coin? $100 off CODE = 22709976 Cheers
    Posted by BleacherReport[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Living in Virginia (since `69)I got Direct TV about 6 years ago and after dealing with cable companies before,Direct TV is the absolute BOMB!! I get the MLB,NHL,and NBA packages to keep up with the Sox,Bruins,and Celtics,but on Sundays,,I love going to the local sports bar to watch our beloved Patriots. I HIGHLY recomend Direct TV.You won`t regret it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

When I moved form Boston to Atlanta in 1986 the 3 things I missed most were (The Celtics, the patriots and frid clams w/bellies)

Direct TV with NBA league pass and NFL Sunday ticket (4 years watching every Celtics game and 3 years watching every patriot game) has been a great investment.

Only have 2 criticisms about Direct TV and both involve Sunday Ticket.  Last fall I finally broke down and purchased a HD TV and when I started to watch the Patriots, the game was not in high-def.  Come to find out you have to add an additional package which include high-def.  That pissed me off but I purchased it anyways because what good is a high-def TV if you cannot watch football in high-def?   Secondly, I wish I had the choice to pick just one team to watch for a reduced price.  If the Patriots are on I am watching the entire game and I could care less about who else is playing plus how many football games can you really watch? 

All of the Celtics games are in HD and there is no additional fee.  From a pure value standpoint, I get to watch 82 games vs. only 16 games (some of which are on national TV anyways)

Bottom line, if you love the Patriot then you get the package.  

dboss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Even though there are only 16 Patriots games (actually less if they have Sunday or Monday night games on the schedule), I still love the Ticket. Here in SC they will show the Panthers and Falcons, then it's the Jags and Redskins as the next two "default" local teams. I love to be able to watch the AFC East games, also key games like the Colts and Chargers (although the Colts get a lot more "national" games than most teams). And if one game turns out to be a blowout you can always scan the others to find a more entertaining one. I also like to flip back and forth at the end for those games which come down to the wire. Since football is the only sport which I follow closely, it's worth the money to me. And $280 a year is a whole lot less than you'd spend going to a sports bar every Sunday (actually, here in SC the bars don't open on Sunday)...even if I still drank! If I ever have to move again, I wouldn't even consider a place where I couldn't get DirecTV!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

I made the switch to DirecTv about a month ago.  I have been very happy with it.  I made the switch because I wanted to be able to watch every game.  I play in a bunch of pretty high stakes fantasy leagues and figured the ability to watch every game at 1 time would be like heaven come September.  I have a 60" Pioneer and its my understanding that with the superfan I will be able to watch up to 8 games at once on the same screen?  Is that the case?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Here is another code if your interested in signing up and getting $100 off 027174981.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Here's a cheap alternative that I've used successfully here in South Carolina to watch the Pat's live.

(1) Make sure to have a broadband cable connection

(2) Buy Hide-My-IP.Com and get an IP address outside of the NFL's restricted locations (i.e., U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda, Antigua, and U.S. Territories)

(3) Buy the NFL.COM/GAMEPASS (@ http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass ) and watch the Pat's live

(4) Advantage:  You only buy the Pat's games that are not being televised nationally, so you save a bundle

(5) Pop popcorn and crack open a cold one

Sections
Shortcuts