anyone going to the game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

anyone going to the game?

love GOGOAIR on Delta...internet on the plane, why did it take so long?

any Pats fans going to the game? I've never been to a game in Denver, this is probably my first and only time. Any suggestions on places to eat? Things to do/see Saturday? With my son and we both have never been to this great city before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: anyone going to the game?

In response to rkarp's comment:

any Pats fans going to the game? I've never been to a game in Denver, this is probably my first and only time. Any suggestions on places to eat? Things to do/see Saturday? With my son and we both have never been to this great city before.

Enjoy the hell out of your time! Win or lose you should have a great time in Denver.

I'd eat at the Buckhorn Exchange if I were going. There are some bar/restaurants on the south endzone end of the parking lot but I'm sorry I don't remember their names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I'm trying to find someone to go with me, all of my usual suspects can't make it. A girl from work here said she'd go, but I don't think my wife would go for that. I was just on Priceline, can fly out Saturday night, come home Wednesday , round trip air, hotel, with a rental car for $375 apiece for 2 people (2 beds). Can get it as low as $330 if you are sharing the bed. Tickets are around $250...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

That's great you bond with your kid.  I savor my time with my son, heck he's 22.  Have fun at the game. if your kids a good luck charm you might have to tke him to the Super Bowl. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

That's great you bond with your kid.  I savor my time with my son, heck he's 22.  Have fun at the game. if your kids a good luck charm you might have to tke him to the Super Bowl. 

my son is 22 as well, and undoubtedly he will want to checkout the exchanges, but thats not for me. no SB for me this year, unfortunately!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I'm trying to find someone to go with me, all of my usual suspects can't make it. A girl from work here said she'd go, but I don't think my wife would go for that. I was just on Priceline, can fly out Saturday night, come home Wednesday , round trip air, hotel, with a rental car for $375 apiece for 2 people (2 beds). Can get it as low as $330 if you are sharing the bed. Tickets are around $250...

I am en route now(on the plane as I type), coming back Monday. 2 tickets on stub hub for what I think are decent seats were not too bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

have a good time and represent!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

Enjoy the hell out of your time! Win or lose you should have a great time in Denver.

I'd eat at the Buckhorn Exchange if I were going. There are some bar/restaurants on the south endzone end of the parking lot but I'm sorry I don't remember their names.

The Buckhorn Exchange! I've been there. If it walks, crawls, swims or flys its on the menue. Wait until you see what's on the walls and hanging from the ceilings. Be warned though, its a house of horrors if you are a vegan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

For any of you out there, according to the Patriots Tailgate Facebook page, there is a Pats fans gathering tomorrow night at 6pm at

Katie Mullins

1550 Court Place

Denver

303-573-0336

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

For any of you out there, according to the Patriots Tailgate Facebook page, there is a Pats fans gathering tomorrow night at 6pm at

Katie Mullins

1550 Court Place

Denver

303-573-0336

I live a mile from the stadium, but don't have tickets yet.  Might try to make it to Katie Mullins Saturday and will head down there Sunday to see what's available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

My Lazy Boy, the 55" flatscreen, the soothing fire glowing in the fireplace, a bay window looking out over the snow covered yard, basement refrigerator loaded with Bud LIght (must be something to those commercials) to keep sending the wife down to, and my two dogs stretch out in front of the fire's warm glow.  

Pizza delivered at 2:30 PM EST, and the grill ready to go for the Nathans hot dogs at halftime. Better deal that going to Denver. I went to the 2003 AFCCG and the subsequent SB win in Houston, and saw the Sox have won more than 1 championship, proving a single championship wasn't a fluke.My living room is a better deal.  I can die happy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Awesome!  Enjoy the game with your son, rkarp!  Can't wait to hear about your experience!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hope you can get the Daily Double as I did in 2003..... Beat Colts in AFCCG in Foxboro, and then beat Panthers in SB in Houston. definately a once in a lifetime thrill for a non-uber rich fan.

Have a great time!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Enjoy the trip; enjoy the game.  I found Denver to be a beautiful city in a beautiful setting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Go into the foothills, maybe check out Red Rocks.  I'm no big Buchhorn Exchange fan, and you're probably better off downtown for dining, etc.

Go to Market St. between 14th and 15th streets and you'll find a NE sports fan bar called Pourhouse (a replica of the one on Boylston St. in Boston).  A good place to pregame/postgame as it'll be packed with Pats fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Try this:

http://denveralist.cityvoter.com/bastien-s-restaurant/biz/21277

One of the best meals ever, imo.  Enjoy the game!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am staying in an area called Cherry Creek..on Clayton Lane...seems some nice places to eat around there...what to do in the city on Saturday? I didnt rent a car (mistake, right)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I am staying in an area called Cherry Creek..on Clayton Lane...seems some nice places to eat around there...what to do in the city on Saturday? I didnt rent a car (mistake, right)

Cab it, you will be drinking. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Katie Mullins

1550 Court Place

Denver

303-573-0336

I live a mile from the stadium, but don't have tickets yet.  Might try to make it to Katie Mullins Saturday and will head down there Sunday to see what's available.

I like your suggestion of sending him out to visit Red Rocks. That area is beautiful! There are also nice restaurants in Morrison.

Rent a car and head to Estes Park if you have time. Loveland Colorado is one of my favorite spots due to Benson's Sculpture Park.

Never went to Colorado until 3 years ago. (I've visited six times since) I'm broke as a joke so you know that whole area is worth it in my mind. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Go into the foothills, maybe check out Red Rocks.  I'm no big Buchhorn Exchange fan, and you're probably better off downtown for dining, etc.

Go to Market St. between 14th and 15th streets and you'll find a NE sports fan bar called Pourhouse (a replica of the one on Boylston St. in Boston).  A good place to pregame/postgame as it'll be packed with Pats fans.

Was out there for the playoff game in 2006 and we went up to the foothills and Red Rocks. It is truely amazing. There were about 20 people there, some guy had a guitar and let us take pics. This is the highlight of my musical career, on par with the highlights of my athletic career...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Good call. I got a free beer after the playoff loss in 06.  I will not be going (0-6) lifetime at Denver/Pats games dating back to the Bledsoe days.  Great pulled pork Sammy at Pour House.

Sections
Shortcuts