Anyone hear Evil2012 on Felger and Mazz?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Anyone hear Evil2012 on Felger and Mazz?

In Response to Re: Anyone hear Evil2012 on Felger and Mazz?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone hear Evil2012 on Felger and Mazz? : It's just arrogance. He's too intelligence to try and spin it. Sanchez makes 14 million Revis made 20+, million Cromartie 8 million Harris 10 million Holmes 10 million If Belichick made moves like this, I'd be right there with the BB bashers, bashing BB. Harris is a fine move to invest in, Revis owns a bloated contract and said he will hold out, they lost leverage by reaching on Kyle Wilson and they didn't even have a 2nd rd pick this year because they dealt for Cromartie, a guy who probably should have been replaced by Wilson this year. Sanchez appears to be a bust hidden behind top flight rushing attacks in 2009 and 2010 and Holmes is a selfish cancer who now can't be traded. How on earth can anyone including Felger defend Tannenboob's approach? It's right out of the Al Davis handbook! Jerry Jones, Snyder, Al Davis, Mike Tannenbaum.....Things in common? Massive egos. They think it's about them. The reason why Al Davis's logic could work in the 1970s is because the contracts weren't so outlandish.  Players needed second jobs back then because they didn;t make much. So, the "we'll take your renegades" approach worked. It can't work now!  These guys are spoiled millionaires who are immature and entitled. Burress, LT, Holmes, Sanchez, Bart Scott, Cromartie aren't winners. They're coat tail riders who happened to be on a winning team at one point in their lives. You can drop in one guy, MAYBE two, with the right foundation like NE does, making them the outcast, putting the onus on them. Bryan Cox, Ted Washington, Moss, etc. Doesn't always work, but it's a pipe dream to think clustering a bunch of spoiled big ego turds together, will work.  LOL Talk about showing you don't get it, Felger.  These dopes don't have the patience to build legit teams because they're more concerned about their egos and the attention they  may get. Jerry Jones is the problem in Dallas, everyone knows it, but him. He fired Jimmy Johnson, the guy who built his 90s teams, because he wanted control. He still hasn't built a SB caliber team since then. LOL
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

King
    Well said.
    Speaking of egos: it is good to see you are keeping yours under control more and are attacking others less. You have a lot to contribute if you just keep yourself going in a positive direction. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" You have a lot to contribute if you just keep yourself going in a positive direction. "

Definitely - King has some of the best football content in the forum, he just has to remember to keep a couple missiles in the silo sometimes. :) 

"What he has said, is that the Jets "collapse" had nothing to do with the salary cap and I tend to agree with him. The Jet's collapse was because of a poor QB"

Yah - I think Felger is much less of a blowhard than Mazz, Felger can at least laugh at himself though he also knows ratings are about fanning the flames. Felger also thinks the Pats have as good a chance as anyone to win a SB in a flawed league. And: Felger rarely pretends to be a columnist anymore. Though IMO the Jets collapse wasn't just quarterback play, it was signing a bunch of sketchy guys and setting the team up to fail with grandiose predictions...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone hear Evil2012 on Felger and Mazz?:
    [QUOTE]" You have a lot to contribute if you just keep yourself going in a positive direction. " Definitely - King has some of the best football content in the forum, he just has to remember to keep a couple missiles in the silo sometimes. :)  " What he has said, is that the Jets "collapse" had nothing to do with the salary cap and I tend to agree with him. The Jet's collapse was because of a poor QB" Yah - I think Felger is much less of a blowhard than Mazz, Felger can at least laugh at himself though he also knows ratings are about fanning the flames. Felger also thinks the Pats have as good a chance as anyone to win a SB in a flawed league. And: Felger rarely pretends to be a columnist anymore. Though IMO the Jets collapse wasn't just quarterback play, it was signing a bunch of sketchy guys and setting the team up to fail with grandiose predictions...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I'm not a defender of Felger - he's been wrong and outspoken about many things - but he's not wrong about the NFL salary cap. The Jets lost because of Sanchez and the signing of guys that are attitude problems - plus some sub par drafts recently. They didn't collapse because they went out and spent money - they'll do it again this off season.

Personally I'd like to see us go out and be more aggressive in free agency this year because I think BB won't make the same mistakes the Jets have and will sign the right players to fit his system. Do I think they should do this every year? Well heck it's not my money and the salary cap can be managed by cutting and or restructuring contracts, but no I don't think they should do that every season...just now while Brady is still young enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

QB play certainly helped the Jets fail this year, but that clearly wasn't the biggest piece. They survived Sanchez' play for a few years to get into the playoffs. What they had then, that broke this year, was cohesion. It was the "me" players they signed and already had in their locker room breaking containment and overcoming Ryan's pep talks.