Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable?

Seems we are carrying a couple backs too many and I cant understand the Morris and Faulk signing....so what it is.  Are they gonna let Benny walk cuz he wants decent money or will Morris be cut and they eat the one year deal or does Faulk retire halfway thru camp?

I like Vareen(sp) and Ridley and w/ Woodhead here...who is the odd man out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable?

I'd would slot him slightly above Bradshaw who just resigned with the Giants for 4 years/18 million. Therefore, he'll fetch about 5 mill per on the open market next season. I highly doubt he'll come back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable?:
    [QUOTE]I'd would slot him slightly above Bradshaw who just resigned with the Giants for 4 years/18 million. Therefore, he'll fetch about 5 mill per on the open market next season. I highly doubt he'll come back.
    Posted by GeneSteratore[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahaha! Who? Benny????? Are you crazy ahahaha, I wouldn't pay hium more than $12 Mill over 4 years.  No freakin' way.  Two different players as well.  Bradyshaw can break off big runs and catch the ball better.  Noway does he command $5 Mill, I would be shocked. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The Law Firm will only be released if he prices himself out of town.  Pats have a number in mind for what they consider his value to the team and won't go over it.  Faulk and Morris were signed because they are proven, and we have a couple unproven players coming in.  Camp and pre-season games will sort it out.  My guess is that Morris goes if Faulk dazzles in camp (as he usually does).  That means they go into the season with 5 backs.  A little heavy, but doable. 

BGJE is assured a spot.  A ground pounder that doesn't wear down with some of the best ball security in the game. 

Vareen and Ridley will stay because BB spent high draft picks on them only several months ago.

Woodhead will stay because he's basically Kevin Faulk lite but with more tread on the tires.

Kevin will probably stay because you couldn't ask for a better example of the Patriot way, mentor and great locker room presence. 

That leaves Morris as odd man out.  I love the guy, but I can't argue with the above facts unless an injury occurs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable? : ahahahahahaha! Who? Benny????? Are you crazy ahahaha, I wouldn't pay hium more than $12 Mill over 4 years.  No freakin' way.  Two different players as well.  Bradyshaw can break off big runs and catch the ball better.  Noway does he command $5 Mill, I would be shocked. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Law firm doesn't have fumble-itis and for whatever reason teams love overpaying Patriots free agents (Is Asante worth almost 10 million dollars this year?). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable? : Law firm doesn't have fumble-itis and for whatever reason teams love overpaying Patriots free agents (Is Asante worth almost 10 million dollars this year?). 
    Posted by GeneSteratore[/QUOTE]

You just compared what is considered a top 10 CB with ball hawk ability to a sturdy runner.  I don't see why you pay Benny that much still. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Any by the way most players are not worth their last years of contract and that's why they get cut or traded. 

We just filled the void left by Zant too... so you tell me if he would have been worth signing... I dunno

I see what you're saying, but if we're playing GM then I mdef. don't pay Benny that.  Remember theams gave the Pats the run last year and he ran right behind a pushing Oline.  He got a 1000 and that's awesome, but I just don't see the value to pay him $5 mil a year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]The Law Firm will only be released if he prices himself out of town.  Pats have a number in mind for what they consider his value to the team and won't go over it.  Faulk and Morris were signed because they are proven, and we have a couple unproven players coming in.  Camp and pre-season games will sort it out.  My guess is that Morris goes if Faulk dazzles in camp (as he usually does).  That means they go into the season with 5 backs.  A little heavy, but doable.  BGJE is assured a spot.  A ground pounder that doesn't wear down with some of the best ball security in the game.  Vareen and Ridley will stay because BB spent high draft picks on them only several months ago. Woodhead will stay because he's basically Kevin Faulk lite but with more tread on the tires. Kevin will probably stay because you couldn't ask for a better example of the Patriot way, mentor and great locker room presence.  That leaves Morris as odd man out.  I love the guy, but I can't argue with the above facts unless an injury occurs. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]
    they signed morris for ST`s

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sorry but I have to also add that I don't think the Pats should sign him to the 12 mill 4 year... I think that's what another team would over pay for him.  I know nothing about Ridley and could say we could see the same production from him as we got from Benny. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Law Firm will be there becasue he's a grinder, hasn't  said  a whole helluva lot up to this point anyway  and hasn't fumbeld a ball since he was in the 6th grade......

Oh and 1,000 yds is still recognized as a solid accomplishment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone know what BGJE's market value should be and if he is expendable? : they signed morris for ST`s
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

I keep saying this and no one listens...........................................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

BJGE will play under his tender this year & the Pats will evaluate the rookies as the year goes on to see how desperatly they need to retain him...the weather gets bad late in the year & it's important to have guys that can pound the ball & hold on to it, two things that BJGE is excellent at...Ridley will be the biggest factor on how much value the Patriots will put on BJGE's future worth to the team...my guess is Morris goes BYE-BYE when the roster gets cut down to 53 (if none of the other guys get hurt that is) & Faulk is currently on the bubble depending on how his knee holds up durring camp/preseason games.....I absolutly love Faulk & all he brings to the team but I fear his age & injury will be too much to overcome & make a final roster spot..
    Because BJGE is a power back & limited in his abilities to being a pass catching threat out of the backfield I believe the Pats will only offer him a 4year 10 million dollar deal to stay after  this year especially if Ridley tears it up...personally I'd hate to lose the kid as I love having him on the team for depth & personality, he seems like a real hard worker & humble kind of guy that just gives it his all when called upon...TONS of heart....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Another trade thread boy people are so quick these days to trade anyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I think its smart the keep him.  If ridley and Vereen become the next "gronk and Hernadez" then maybe we wont need him next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I love that the team has Benny.  He's special.  His best is ahead.

Could have 6 running backs to start this season, considering that a number of them have versatility.  That said, I agree with Sammy being number 6 if they keep 5.  If there is an injury in camp or if they keep 6, then he'll be a very decent member of the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

While Benny is better than Maroney ever was he's still  a JAG. I wouldnt pay him S***sauce personally. Let Vereen,Woody,and Ridley get the chance to impress cause Benny never has.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Running backs wear down, especially older running backs and smaller backs.  Woodhead was almost a desperation pickup last year, tossed away by a lesser team that didn't think.

Morris is still ok, a couple of steps slow, but he dates back to the Eisenhower Administration.    Woodhead will not carry the rock for 800 carries unless there are way more than 800 third-and-long situations in the season.  Faulk is also too small to handle 800 carries.  Ridley will contribute as soon as he learns to run NFL routes, which is not guaranteed for a year.  Vereen needs to learn how to block for Brady on passing downs besides learning NFL routes.  That leaves next to nobody for the Miami game.

So, for September, Benny the Ball is the bell cow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If he plays for his tender, how much is that? I think he can get another thousand yards easy next year if he is given the chance and he just may, because he won't put the ball on the ground.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I think he was tendered at a 2nd round level....not sure of the dollar amount..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would say drafting two backs is a pretty clear "we don't want you" message to a guy who just ran for 1000 yards for us. He gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Babe, stop beeing so foolish...the Pats needed depth-youth-& versatility in an area they were long in the tooth at...taking your approach would be like saying Bill is now gonna cut Vereen & Ridley because he resigned Morris & Faulk & doesn't need them any more...

Pats are a RB by committee...all these guys compliment each other & add the depth/youth/speed/talent needed for longevity & ability to go with multiple offensive posabilities using different combinations of them...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like BJGE, but realisitically I think he's a middle of the pack RB, so I don't think he has particularly high trade value.  My sense is that the Pats get more value by signing BJGE to a reasonable deal than by trying to trade him.  I just don't think they'd get much (if anything) for him in a trade. And I think they can use him as a dependable and solid part of the rotation, even if he's not the ideal "featured" early-down back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You just compared what is considered a top 10 CB with ball hawk ability to a sturdy runner. 

Apparently the Eagles dont think so, either do I, but thats for a thread on another day.

BJGE will be here unless someone offers us the tender. He better learn how to catch if he is going to get a lot of snaps. Improve on his blitz pick up and blocking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thnx for the responses guys. I think some people are mistaken by the what I was asking on this thread. I wasnt proposing we trade Benny, I was just tryna gauge what he and his agent would be asking for and figure out if the pats would pay him.  Benny was very servicable and with thwe bulk of the carries was able to get 1,000 yards but if the pats comtinue to evolve back to a big formation running team , then Benny wont crack 1,000 again...there are too many talented backs now. Vareen can light it up and backs have the easiest transition from colleg outside of pass blocking, so what if you pay Bennny and Ridley or Vareen turn out to be studs...no big deal cuz they are on a rookie deal, but it does make sense to then look at your trade options...

I dont think he is that great an asset, but coming form N.E. your value is a bit higher, cuz they know they are getting a well coached pedigree... see David Patten 05'..overpaid by Skins..I think

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]I would say drafting two backs is a pretty clear "we don't want you" message to a guy who just ran for 1000 yards for us. He gone.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I can't really say I agree. We have two older veterans at RB (Morris and Faulk), both of which have been plagued by injuries. The two draftees are unproven, but they give BB plenty of options. The two older vets are on their way to the rocking chair soon. Benny stays before anyone else does. He is a workhorse and exemplifies the Patriot attitude. I think he'll be around for a long time. He is the new Faulk IMHO.

Sections
Shortcuts