Anyone Know Why?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Re: Anyone Know Why?

Defensive minded head coach. Last ranked defense in the NFL.
    "nuff said.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

You forgot last in total yards. "nuff said"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Yards per game is the least important stat, but interceptions for a D that lets opposing QBs run up and down the filed is very important?  Picks are incorporated into the QB rating, which we are pitiful at, much worse than last year.  Speaking of last year, last years red zone D, about 56%, this years, 51%... to put it in perspective there are 16 teams ahead of us in that area.  Not so improved.  To further the problem, we are near the bottom in opposing teams red zone scoring opportunities, so 50% hurts that much more... why?  We give up too many yards, the ones that don't matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Know Why?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Know Why? : I think the D certainly had issues last week and I said I wasn't a fan of releasing Bodden. He worked out with the Chiefs yesterday, although that seems like an odd fit since KC has two nice solid starting CBs in Flowers and Carr. I was concerned about the pass D with that curious move, and stated it here with two new bodies plopped into a 60 minute role (Molden and Adams) against a good team on the road. Prior to this game, NE's 3rd down D was good in back to back weeks. Anyway, this is an old topic at this point. I admit it and I am done with the Pitt game, but I think this almost works out well like Cleveland's loss last year. At this point, we don't need any more wake up calls. It's very clear what is not being done correctly on both sides of the ball. The Jets and Dallas games are the dead giveaways to my/and other's theory about the source, though. It's the offense. If we just tried to throw on Oakland obsessively in that game, we probably lose. In the Jets game, while hairy at times, the offense was called well. The D played well. In the Dallas game, the offense was called poorly and the D still played well. In the end, this game really reminds me of November of 2001 against the Rams where BB/Crennel totally called the wrong  game on D blitzing Warner, trying to cover different WRs for St. Louis.  It was just schematically not a good decision based on how NE matched up. NE lost the game by 7 points where it looked like they were totally outplayed, as Antowain Smith's fumble at the goal line before half, actually helped the loss be a reality. On Sunday, NE axctually executed the gameplan on D, because they contained Wallace.  Pitt had been doing this quick passing stuff with some deeper routes mixed in, keeping RBs back to block for like 3 weeks to very good success.  So, shame on BB for not coming up with some wrinkles to battle it. Sure, other guys like Brown beat them for a TD, etc, but generally speaking, lost in all of this hooplah about passing yards allowed, that game was there for the taking because the gameplan sort of worked. Didn't work great, but it held. I am not saying they played good on D, but they battled on a bad day. That's a good sign even though I absolutely acknowledge mediocrity ain't good enough. My point here is, Belichick is so good with adjustments and realizing mistakes, the issues on D are completely over-exaggerated. If he had played more man earlier, it's possible that second TD is avoided and they get off the field more. Bad scheming as the game went. He adjusted too late. I see this as coaching, not talent. I could say it's talent on offense, but I know it's not. Each side of the ball can improve. It's not just the defense that needs to improvement. I cringe when I hear Brady say "we need to execute better". It's not execution when the other team is outplaying you BEACAUSE of the fact they know what you are addicted to doing offensively. How perfect do you expect you, your O Line and yourself to be every play, every week? I just heard Greenberg and Golic this morning say "NE has to execute perfectly on offesne to win, because they barely run much." Agree and disagree. On Sunday, agree. In general, totally disagree, and I think this can be used to NE's favor by finally showing teams EVERY WEEK, WE WILL RUN EARLY AND OFTEN even if we plan to attack in a spread a lot. I think it's funny Mike Greenberg thinks all we can do is pass after BJGE on our O Line bludgeoned his team 3 weeks ago.    It can be done. We've seen it so many times, but they take the onus of the run game against good Ds.  Buffalo can't stop a nosebleed and we didn't run it on them.  Why??? It's just outright stupidity. It's Grady Little 2003 Game 7 stupidity. A hot bullpen, well rested, and you stick with a tired starter? Why? If you watch their losses, the ones we hate, SB 42, Jets playoff, Buffalo, Pitt, etc, in some variation or another, if the offense simply used their weaponry across the board, those losses were completely avoidable. This is really the source of what everyone is whining about. Some admit it. Some refuse to admit it. Our offensibe ideology/addiction to passing 60+% in a shotgun base, makes it tough on itself, Brady, the O Line and our WRs, unnecessarily. So, everyone just calm down and stop taking the media bait.   BB will get the D straight and hopefull slap O'Brien and Brady. I don't excpect to have this conversation for the rest of the year, because we've been having it since 2009.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like a BB problem. Maybe he has peaked? Why are other teams figuring us out and making adjustments, but BB is not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats are not one of the elite teams because if their defense. Simple enough to see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

For the most part, even when the Pats D was widely recognized as having a great overall contingent, they played at their best when the Pats offense was balanced, when Brady was being managed by the coaching staff  and his exposure to making mistakes with the ball were kept at a minimum, ie, when they ran the ball almost 50% of the time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Know Why? : I think the D certainly had issues last week and I said I wasn't a fan of releasing Bodden. He worked out with the Chiefs yesterday, although that seems like an odd fit since KC has two nice solid starting CBs in Flowers and Carr. I was concerned about the pass D with that curious move, and stated it here with two new bodies plopped into a 60 minute role (Molden and Adams) against a good team on the road. Prior to this game, NE's 3rd down D was good in back to back weeks. Anyway, this is an old topic at this point. I admit it and I am done with the Pitt game, but I think this almost works out well like Cleveland's loss last year. At this point, we don't need any more wake up calls. It's very clear what is not being done correctly on both sides of the ball. The Jets and Dallas games are the dead giveaways to my/and other's theory about the source, though. It's the offense. If we just tried to throw on Oakland obsessively in that game, we probably lose. In the Jets game, while hairy at times, the offense was called well. The D played well. In the Dallas game, the offense was called poorly and the D still played well. In the end, this game really reminds me of November of 2001 against the Rams where BB/Crennel totally called the wrong  game on D blitzing Warner, trying to cover different WRs for St. Louis.  It was just schematically not a good decision based on how NE matched up. NE lost the game by 7 points where it looked like they were totally outplayed, as Antowain Smith's fumble at the goal line before half, actually helped the loss be a reality. On Sunday, NE axctually executed the gameplan on D, because they contained Wallace.  Pitt had been doing this quick passing stuff with some deeper routes mixed in, keeping RBs back to block for like 3 weeks to very good success.  So, shame on BB for not coming up with some wrinkles to battle it. Sure, other guys like Brown beat them for a TD, etc, but generally speaking, lost in all of this hooplah about passing yards allowed, that game was there for the taking because the gameplan sort of worked. Didn't work great, but it held. I am not saying they played good on D, but they battled on a bad day. That's a good sign even though I absolutely acknowledge mediocrity ain't good enough. My point here is, Belichick is so good with adjustments and realizing mistakes, the issues on D are completely over-exaggerated. If he had played more man earlier, it's possible that second TD is avoided and they get off the field more. Bad scheming as the game went. He adjusted too late. I see this as coaching, not talent. I could say it's talent on offense, but I know it's not. Each side of the ball can improve. It's not just the defense that needs to improvement. I cringe when I hear Brady say "we need to execute better". It's not execution when the other team is outplaying you BEACAUSE of the fact they know what you are addicted to doing offensively. How perfect do you expect you, your O Line and yourself to be every play, every week? I just heard Greenberg and Golic this morning say "NE has to execute perfectly on offesne to win, because they barely run much." Agree and disagree. On Sunday, agree. In general, totally disagree, and I think this can be used to NE's favor by finally showing teams EVERY WEEK, WE WILL RUN EARLY AND OFTEN even if we plan to attack in a spread a lot. I think it's funny Mike Greenberg thinks all we can do is pass after BJGE on our O Line bludgeoned his team 3 weeks ago.    It can be done. We've seen it so many times, but they take the onus of the run game against good Ds.  Buffalo can't stop a nosebleed and we didn't run it on them.  Why??? It's just outright stupidity. It's Grady Little 2003 Game 7 stupidity. A hot bullpen, well rested, and you stick with a tired starter? Why? If you watch their losses, the ones we hate, SB 42, Jets playoff, Buffalo, Pitt, etc, in some variation or another, if the offense simply used their weaponry across the board, those losses were completely avoidable. This is really the source of what everyone is whining about. Some admit it. Some refuse to admit it. Our offensibe ideology/addiction to passing 60+% in a shotgun base, makes it tough on itself, Brady, the O Line and our WRs, unnecessarily. So, everyone just calm down and stop taking the media bait.   BB will get the D straight and hopefull slap O'Brien and Brady. I don't excpect to have this conversation for the rest of the year, because we've been having it since 2009.

Sounds to me like a BB problem. Maybe he has peaked? Why are other teams figuring us out and making adjustments, but BB is not?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

[QUOTE]You forgot yards allowed is the least important stat in the game. "Nuff said"

Says you.
    Quit trying to put lipstick on a pig.

15. This post has been removed.