Anyone missing Branch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Anyone missing Branch?

Anyone?  The dude gave us absolutely nothing on his 2nd go round.  Zero seperation and no ability to fight for a ball...plus he was midget.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Anyone missing Branch?

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Anyone?  The dude gave us absolutely nothing on his 2nd go round.  Zero seperation and no ability to fight for a ball...plus he was midget.

RESPONSE: Come on now, Cal. Branch gave the Pats nothing in his second go-round? I beg to differ. Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3593/deion-branch

As you can see, Deion had a good year for the Pats as their 3rd WR, in 2011. You're being far too harsh on him. After all, he's played 11 years in the league, and is now 34 years old. Do you really expect him to still be able to catch 60-75 passes a year, so late in his career?

It's time for Deion to retire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well things should improve this year.  Big, young, talented and athletic group of rooks with something to prove.  When Branch did make a catch last year he always seemed to flop down for 0 YAC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

To answer your question:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it's good to see fresh meat. Hopefully, the new receivers can be coached up for this year. Will need someone to catch balls apart from Amendola.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I didn't miss Branch from the first day he held out.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It was nice to hear Philly media wondering who this Thompkins kid was yesterday (he had another strong day I guess). I know it's early and this kid has never even played in a game, but he's got a couple of things working for him...there's oppurtunity here, he's got Brady throwing him the ball and it looks like he's got a little talent.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like Branch, but even when he first came back he should have been a third or fourth receiver. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gopats1976. Show gopats1976's posts

He was a nice player. Wish him best in career and retirement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Nope....Boyce, Thompkins, and Dobson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Branch sucks, I told you guys this when they made the trade back for him in 2010.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I miss Deion Branch. Granted he might not have been the same player later in his career he was still an effective reciever. He is also a very down to earth person and a good man. I had the pleasure of meeting Deion recently and he is a super guy. Now I know you dont keep players on the team becasue they are good folks, but I believe you will see an effective Deion Branch play one more year in the NFL, maybe not with the Pats but he'll play one more. Personally I wish him all the best and hope he has one more successful year. Super Bowl 39 MVP dont forget!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsfan96. Show patriotsfan96's posts

Deion was a great player, who did many great things for the Patriots

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

He was a great player, and he played well in '10 and '11, even if he had started to decline. The decline continued in '12, and other players took some of his targets, so going into this season I don't miss him. Some of the new guys look like the real deal, and I believe the offense is going to be at least as explosive as last year.

But come on. He returned in '10 after Moss was traded. At the time they had 1 (one) WR they could rely on in Welker, the TEs were rookies, Price and Tate didn't contribute. What he gave them was stability, and a reliable target. Anyone expecting probowl-level were fooling themselves.

But why this need to bash a former player? I don't get it.

Supra societatem nemo

Sections
Shortcuts