Anyone notice Arrington didn't F up last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Anyone notice Arrington didn't F up last night?

No one dislikes the guy more then me but I'll give credit when credit is due.  He actually had a very good game last night.  Looks like the addition of Talib is already paying big, trickle down, dividense.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Anyone notice Arrington didn't F up last night?

I think he looks good going sideways, when he has turn and run with a guy I think that's when he gets in trouble. Playing in the slot kind of plays to his strengths. From a talent stand point I like Dennard, Talib, and even Arrington....I think the safeties are more our problem. Dennard plays like every snap will be his last, just maximum effort. Love watching him play - if he were an inch taller and a tick faster he would really really be something. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, about fkn time. he looked decent, as did the rest of the DBs . You might be right Talib is probably having some influence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's 5'10" and 200 lbs. Nothing wrong with that, he's about average in the size department (but he looks bigger up top than a lot of them) and he runs a 4.4...nothing wrong there either. I've said it before, he's a bit tight in the hips. He has trouble turning and running with guys - in the slot he doesn't do it as much than on the outside. Last year the Giants ran a play where they sent a guy about 20 yards deep and got Arrington going towards the middle of the field, then Manning just lofted it towards the sideline...Arrington could not turn and stay with his receiver...easy first down. It happens all the time with him.

He looks totally different running sideways in the middle of the field. He looks good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He got fined for his treatment on luck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/23/kyle-arrington-fined-21000-for-latest-shot-on-luck/

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

He's never fuc*ked up before when playing slot either. Just don't put him man-to-man on an X route. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Arrington's a guy you like to root for because he's done so much with the skills he has.  He was an excellent special teamer and has done better than I ever would have expected at corner.  That said, he isn't great tracking receivers, which makes him a liability at the outside corner position whenever man-to-man skills need to be used.  He's much more effective when he can play zone in the middle of the field and keep his eyes on the QB.  I think with Dennard and Talib handling the outside positions, Arrington's effectiveness in that fifth DB / slot corner role goes way up.  McCourty gives us a great coverage safety, I think, and between Gregory and Chung we've got bodies who can handle the other safety position reasonably well.  Overall, the addition of Talib and the development of Dennard have made a huge impact on the quality of the secondary.  I'm not sure this DB group has yet proved they are a truly good one, but they don't look nearly as bad as they looked early in the season.  I know I'm feeling much better about the secondary now than I did a month ago. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Arrington makes the most of his abilities.  That guy is one of the better run-supporting CBs out there, and for that reason I cannot dislike him.  He is depth, but they tried to make him a starting CB. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

As a corner, Arrington has shown that he can't cover anyone. What he can do, however, is blitz off the edge. Against Indy he did that and got a head shot on Luck. Although no penalty was called at the time, it later cost him $21,000. I like using him that way and I'm pretty certain that the 21 big ones will make the hit legal next time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

As a corner, Arrington has shown that he can't cover anyone. What he can do, however, is blitz off the edge. Against Indy he did that and got a head shot on Luck. Although no penalty was called at the time, it later cost him $21,000. I like using him that way and I'm pretty certain that the 21 big ones will make the hit legal next time.

Actualy he can cover. He plays the slot tight and is very reliable in the run game as well. Its wierd how much better players are when they play their position. Yes he was terrible in man to man as a CB but that shouldn't be his position. He really plays a strong nickle corner and can cover east to west very good. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Arrington, and Gregory also managed to look competent although he almost dropped that pick that was right to him...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Arrington, and Gregory also managed to look competent although he almost dropped that pick that was right to him...

I love it when fake fans complain about the good plays

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Always glad to entertain...   even when I'm not trying to.  Gregory bugs me since he grew up in NY as a jet fan.  I know it's stupid but I can't get past it (yet)... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Cradit the addition of Talib. 

If he quiets down his side, it pushes everyone over. 

NE will still not have a great secondary, but they might not be one of the worst in the league. And when the front seven is healthy, that might be enough to shut down offenses like Baltimore and Houston. 

Sections
Shortcuts