Anyone Notice?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Anyone Notice?

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

The only game our Run D didn't play well in recent weeks was vs Houston where Houston's O Line held our D Line all day long and just kept running it.

As per usual, the media attaches anti-BB propaganda out there and tries to brainwash susceptible fans who don't get it.

They contained it in Carolina, vs Cleveland, @ Miami and now last night @ Baltimore.

A myth, as suggested.

How does one explain our D ranking as 31st against the run?

As a Scientist if I can't rely on data and results, tabulated over the course of the experiment, then nothing makes sense...ever.

Are the Pats 31st against the run or are they not?

Please explain how data does not overide myths....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Only meaningful team defensive stat is points allowed.  NE is 10th, and some of the top 10 aren't even playoff bound.

Until yesterday, Denver was giving up 27 per game with one of the better run D's in the league.  That **** won't fly in the playoffs.

Then again, I thought the Pats would muster 17 against the Ravens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Oh rusty..oh oh rust. You just don't get it, never will. You don't get near dead last in a category by accident...yes occasionally the unit will have a good game (against an injured runner, poor offense and bad line) but those aren't the norm. What is the norm is what statistically is shown, sorry, but its the truth...something you don't like:(

Remember our pass defense over the majority of the last five years? Ranked near the bottom...and it was for a reason. Now maybe they had a good game against so and so once in a while, but the sad fact remained they weren't very good. It's why we sent a pick to Tampa for Talib. It's why we gave him 5 million despite his history. It's why we drafted a guy that punched a cop in the face. It's why we went out and drafted Ryan and his buddy. And it's why the defensive line will be rebuilt this off season...because they aren't very good. It's sad, but true.

See I wish you were right, I really do, because if you were we could of traded Brady, started Mallett and won a few more Super Bowls with our underrated D, but unfortunately you are wrong, have been wrong and will continue to make a fool out of yourself and pats fans in general. It's sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedediah10. Show jedediah10's posts

Although it is more complicated than this but in a passing league I would rather be last in run D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Houstons Olineman are some cut blocking fools. Bruschi stated that it can be a lot for young Dlinemane to adjust to. 

NE seems to give up a little in the run, but have plenty of tackles at the line of scrimmage or before. I rarely see them get gashed for big gainers anymore. 

If NE losses in the playoff I dont think its gonna be because we got run over. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Oh rusty..oh oh rust. You just don't get it, never will. You don't get near dead last in a category by accident...yes occasionally the unit will have a good game (against an injured runner, poor offense and bad line) but those aren't the norm. What is the norm is what statistically is shown, sorry, but its the truth...something you don't like:(

Remember our pass defense over the majority of the last five years? Ranked near the bottom...and it was for a reason. Now maybe they had a good game against so and so once in a while, but the sad fact remained they weren't very good. It's why we sent a pick to Tampa for Talib. It's why we gave him 5 million despite his history. It's why we drafted a guy that punched a cop in the face. It's why we went out and drafted Ryan and his buddy. And it's why the defensive line will be rebuilt this off season...because they aren't very good. It's sad, but true.

See I wish you were right, I really do, because if you were we could of traded Brady, started Mallett and won a few more Super Bowls with our underrated D, but unfortunately you are wrong, have been wrong and will continue to make a fool out of yourself and pats fans in general. It's sad.

What's sad is you actually think you countered my post. Ya didn't. No rushers vs our D in most of our recent games did anything running the ball.

Non factor.

Fact.

Giants D "ranked 27th" overall.  Ours is ranked higher than that after last night.   At best, NFL stastical rankings are a reference and nothing more.

We're isolating a team's run game and then pouncing, dictating the gameplan defensively.

The only problem has been our crap offense and slow starts, but they finally got it together last night.

Know something? I hope/wish you are right. And I've done that for years, but the problem is you're wrong, just because you don't realize or admit that, doesn't make it true. If you were right, we would of won a Super Bowl once in the last 8, or whatever years its been.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

The only game our Run D didn't play well in recent weeks was vs Houston where Houston's O Line held our D Line all day long and just kept running it.

As per usual, the media attaches anti-BB propaganda out there and tries to brainwash susceptible fans who don't get it.

They contained it in Carolina, vs Cleveland, @ Miami and now last night @ Baltimore.

A myth, as suggested.

How does one explain our D ranking as 31st against the run?

As a Scientist if I can't rely on data and results, tabulated over the course of the experiment, then nothing makes sense...ever.

Are the Pats 31st against the run or are they not?

Please explain how data does not overide myths....

Baltimore put significantly more yards onto the stats than did New England, 358 yards to 300 yards even.  That yardage win didn't help Baltimore much when the final score was 41 to 7.  Yardage stats don't necessarily win games.

It's said that Bill Belichick is playing chess when the other coaches are playing checkers.  Yardage versus wins seems to be a good example of that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No idea. I think we were 28th or 27th vs the run going into the game last night and likely just jumped up another notch or two now.

Also, the Denver game, as we know the gameplan was to play a high shell and dare Denver to run. It worked. So, that particular bloated rushing number inflates the stats.

Contexts are important with stats or data. GM spent 15 years telling its stockholders that all was well when we all saw more and more Japanese and Korean cars on the roads.

You have no idea how the stats can tell us that the Pats have a horrible run defense while you tell us they don't.

I have an idea on how that's possible:  You're wrong.

How stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

The only offensive and defensive stats that are meaningful are Points For and Points Allowed.

The Patriots are #5 in Points For.

The Patriots are #9 in Points Allowed.

The rest of it is not as important.

They are also #3 in wins and in losses.

That's pretty important as well.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sealver Siliga has changed our D line, you didn't notice how he started and you didn't see Vellano all game.  

Siliga single handildly shut down the 4th and 1 play with three minutes left in the third quarter when Baltimore was threatening to finally score.  He played almost the entire game.  That's what changed, not holding, holding happens on every snap in football. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

The only offensive and defensive stats that are meaningful are Points For and Points Allowed.

The Patriots are #5 in Points For.

The Patriots are #9 in Points Allowed.

The rest of it is not as important.

They are also #3 in wins and in losses.

That's pretty important as well.

Yeah, but if that's all we discussed, this would be one hell of a boring, desolate place.

And Rusty would have no way to blame Brady for anything!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He's a plugger, no doubt. I just don't know why you enjoy bashing Vellano so much. Not every player has the same playing style or body type. Siliga is athletic and uses his weight well.

BB and the scouts should be applauded for picking that guy up along with a veteran like Sopoaga. Clearly, our beef down the middle is a lot better.

WHat's funny is, he was with Denver. With Vickerson down and now Miller, they'd probably love to have him back.  Denver's run D and pass D is weaker than it was last year, IMO.

Vellano and Jones were doing all they could and were impressive with that many reps trying to hold the fort down.

As for your Houston comment, they were holding badly. Sorry. Egregious holding like that is usually called, but that day, I don't think they were flagged once. The other issue is, we were playing a 3-4 with two DTs who have never played a DE 3-4 before.  Didn't work. 

I'm not bashing Vellano he just isn't very good.  I think BB likes him because he is technically sound but technique can't make up for a lack of size, strength, athleticism and overall talent.  

Siliga only had 16 snaps against Houston but was noticeably better than anyone we had, paired with Chris Jones we look OK.  He has since started against the Browns and now the Ravens, we're lucky to have found this guy, another Belichick free agent gem.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think Vellano has upside, he's just a rookie overwhelmed by taking too many snaps. He's more of a 3rd down interior subrusher.

They seemed to like Siliga over AJ Fancis and it looks to be the right choice. 

Vellano isn't getting any bigger.  

Siliga is more of a need (nose tackle) and Francis is more of a 3/4 end, Sealver is also a vet whereas Francis is a rookie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

He's a plugger, no doubt. I just don't know why you enjoy bashing Vellano so much. Not every player has the same playing style or body type. Siliga is athletic and uses his weight well.

BB and the scouts should be applauded for picking that guy up along with a veteran like Sopoaga. Clearly, our beef down the middle is a lot better.

WHat's funny is, he was with Denver. With Vickerson down and now Miller, they'd probably love to have him back.  Denver's run D and pass D is weaker than it was last year, IMO.

Vellano and Jones were doing all they could and were impressive with that many reps trying to hold the fort down.

As for your Houston comment, they were holding badly. Sorry. Egregious holding like that is usually called, but that day, I don't think they were flagged once. The other issue is, we were playing a 3-4 with two DTs who have never played a DE 3-4 before.  Didn't work. 

I'm not bashing Vellano he just isn't very good.  I think BB likes him because he is technically sound but technique can't make up for a lack of size, strength, athleticism and overall talent.  

Siliga only had 16 snaps against Houston but was noticeably better than anyone we had, paired with Chris Jones we look OK.  He has since started against the Browns and now the Ravens, we're lucky to have found this guy, another Belichick free agent gem.

I think Wozzy has generally been right about the tackles this year.  Siliga has turned out to be the best in terms of holding ground against tough offensive fronts.  Vellano has some quickness, but he's not big or strong enough to maintain position against a good push from the O line. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think Vellano has upside, he's just a rookie overwhelmed by taking too many snaps. He's more of a 3rd down interior subrusher.

They seemed to like Siliga over AJ Fancis and it looks to be the right choice.

Has he emerged yet?  Remember when you told us that Sudfeld emerged?  That was a great comment, really showing how much you know about judging talent.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts