Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.

I just have that feeling of a w-t-f move happening early.  Lets face it the pats never go after who we think is the best player for them.  I think im just boycotting the  first 3 hours cuz i know its just to watch them trade the first pick away.  So this year i think the w-t-f move is another high te pick.  We need another one on the roster but he doesn't have to be that good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.

Actually there is alot of talk that the pats will go after a TE because they really want to use Hernadez in the slot and at WR alot so they need another "true" TE to play on the line with Gronk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I could see it based on the importance to the offense it now seems to be, plus BB always has loved tight ends. Really we only have two true guys on the team and one of them is more of an H back and if heaven forbid Gronk goes down...there goes most of our offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They need a third TE, I think, especially if Matt Light retires and Solder has to focus on tackle and can't play the third TE role.  

Given it is a need, BB may pick one up in the draft if he thinks there's one available who represents good value when the Pats are on the board.  

I still expect more of a focus on defense during the draft though.  An exception might be a WR if there's a good one available when the Pats pick--or maybe even a Center . . . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I am actually an advocate of the pats taking a TE early in the draft. I said it numerous times on MB's draft thread. The pats are also hosting Daniel fells (FA) so, TE is on their radar. It just depends on what they want and what they will do with Hern and Wes. Think about it....if the intent is to use Hern in the slot and as an hb, does this make Welker expendable? If it does, I would think the pats would want to invest in a dual threat like Gronk, and there are a few that can be had in round 2 that fit the bill. Dwayne Allen is someone that can do both, although he doesn't have the size do Gronk. Should be interesting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

TE is a coveted position in this years draft. I think they'll be a run on TE's. I think if we take one it won't be till at least the 3rd round. Plus we have one coming in for a FA visit Monday I believe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yes, i expect them to get another Gronk type TE. They had a couple last year but cut them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4719257/te-fells-set-to-visit-monday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looks like they might fill that gap with a veteran.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Signing Fells would essentially end any talk of them taking a TE on day 1/2.  I do think the idea has/had some merit and I brought it up a bit pre-draft last year in regards to Kyle Rudolph. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If Fells signs then he's a decent TE that can catch some balls bet better blocker. He'd be an ideal #3 TE in the 2 TE set. Provided they sign Fells I can't see them taking one early in the draft. Maybe later on day 3 but not early. If they don't get a FA TE then I can most definitely see them taking one early in the draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.:
    [QUOTE]I just have that feeling of a w-t-f move happening early.  Lets face it the pats never go after who we think is the best player for them.  I think im just boycotting the  first 3 hours cuz i know its just to watch them trade the first pick away.  So this year i think the w-t-f move is another high te pick.  We need another one on the roster but he doesn't have to be that good.
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]
    Uh...don't the Pats ALWAYS surpirse us all with a Questionable pick(s) in the first couple of rds??  From Maroney, to Watson, to Ras-I and Bethel, BB never goes with the consensus stud who would actually help our squad.  All of us who want us to pick up a good/young DE/LB in the first picks....get ready for a OG or C or something really dumb!  Probably just gonna trade it away for a future 1st that we'll NEVER use!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

OL-DL-S

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

27 - Either a CB or a DL like Brockers 31 - Konz

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yeah, if Fells signs, NE isn't going TE anytime soon. We'll know tomorrow or Tuesday on that.  Second year in a row they've spoken to Fells.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Fleener might be the only day 1 option at TE in this years draft.  I don't think there is an over abundance of talent in this years crop of TEs.  A FA would seem to make the most sense.  I thinks Fells would be a good signing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Fleener might be the only day 1 option at TE in this years draft.  I don't think there is an over abundance of talent in this years crop of TEs.  A FA would seem to make the most sense.  I thinks Fells would be a good signing.

Truth. Fleener will be gone when we pick at 27 IMHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Isn't this suppose to ba an awful draft for TE's thou?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think they'll pick the best player available regardless of position or need...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i really hope they sign fells and move on to other positions during the draft

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It not an overall terrible draft for te's, but there isn't a clear cut do it all well TE like Gronk available. Fleener is a good receiver, Dwayne Allen can catch and block but I think a better blocker than receiver although he catches pretty well. That is why I said it depends on what BB wants. Fells should fit in well if we are looking for a primary blocking TE. If we want someone with a bit more athletic ability, who can run routes and catch, but also be a good blocker, I would look at Dwayne Allen in round 2. Doubt it will happen..too many other holes to fill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.:
    [QUOTE]I just have that feeling of a w-t-f move happening early.  Lets face it the pats never go after who we think is the best player for them.  I think im just boycotting the  first 3 hours cuz i know its just to watch them trade the first pick away.  So this year i think the w-t-f move is another high te pick.  We need another one on the roster but he doesn't have to be that good.
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]

Safe bet, but I don't think it's a bad pick. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

If they don't sign Fells they will bring in another veteran or two. I don't see BB with 3 22yr old tight ends. Their needs are obviously elsewhere. The six weeks between free agency and the draft should answer a lot of these type questions. The week before the draft will shows us what's been covered and what's still in need.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.:
    [QUOTE]If they don't sign Fells they will bring in another veteran or two. I don't see BB with 3 22yr old tight ends. Their needs are obviously elsewhere. The six weeks between free agency and the draft should answer a lot of these type questions. The week before the draft will shows us what's been covered and what's still in need.
    Posted by nonola[/QUOTE]

You know what though, those 22 year old players will be vets.... it's their third year and they have each grown a lot in their 2 years.  Those young TE's have already been to the playoffs, a superbowl, and breaking records already.   I think it would be safe bringing in what they deem a blocking ready TE with raw catching ability...  that's all they really need.  From there I mean your TE crew is young, strong, and built for the long haul for years to come, right?  

Sections
Shortcuts