Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.

I think the Pats are really looking for a blocking TE.  Something similar to what we saw last year with their 5th round pick (Lee Smith) and then again with the addition of Dan Gronk.  I think Fells would fulfil a need (as explained by Laz).  The addition of a 3rd TE would most likely spell the end of our FB Lousaka Polite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

In response to "Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds. : You know what though, those 22 year old players will be vets.... it's their third year and they have each grown a lot in their 2 years.  Those young TE's have already been to the playoffs, a superbowl, and breaking records already.   I think it would be safe bringing in what they deem a blocking ready TE with raw catching ability...  that's all they really need.  From there I mean your TE crew is young, strong, and built for the long haul for years to come, right?   Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE] Vets yes, but cheap ones. Paying another TE bucks this year is affordable. In the near future both these guys are going to be looking for their share. At that time you draft the much cheaper TE to replaced the older guy who is no longer here. It's the revolving door principle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

If Ladarius Green is available in the 3rd, I hope they draft him but I can live without them drafting a TE this year if Fells is signed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to "Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.": [QUOTE]Signing Fells would essentially end any talk of them taking a TE on day 1/2.  I do think the idea has/had some merit and I brought it up a bit pre-draft last year in regards to Kyle Rudolph.  Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] Took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly mb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.": Vets yes, but cheap ones. Paying another TE bucks this year is affordable. In the near future both these guys are going to be looking for their share. At that time you draft the much cheaper TE to replaced the older guy who is no longer here. It's the revolving door principle.
    Posted by nonola[/QUOTE]

I could use your exact reasoning as to why they should draft another TE... just incase one or the other goes you have quaility -young depth with more potential upside then an old vet TE who is limited, right?

Oooo the management of football. Tough stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

After picking up Lloyd I doubt they will go after a TE in the first two rounds. But I understand the logic. Even if it were a Hernandez type to give them depth that way. But I do expect at some time for them to get a quality backup to Gronk. A healthy Gronk and I think the Pats win the SB last year. In any case if not this year then next perhaps.

I do expect them to focus on D in the first three rounds. I also would not be at all surprised to see them trade up or down or into next year! It is always about value and it is not surprising that if another team is targeting someone that they thought would not be there they might give a little more to the Pats than the pick is worth in BBs accounting. And while he might miss here or there the accounting method works great. It delivers a much higher rate of return in the long-run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

In response to "Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds. : I could use your exact reasoning as to why they should draft another TE... just incase one or the other goes you have quaility -young depth with more potential upside then an old vet TE who is limited, right? Oooo the management of football. Tough stuff. Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE] I dont think they should draft another TE. As we said the two they have are young under rookie contracts. I want an experienced vet that can step in,not some kid. God forbid either gets hurt ( we saw what a hurt Gronk did in the SB) when the time comes for new contracts they may not be able to afford both. A vet can be cut but prepping a high draft choice behind these two is a waste of manpower the next couple of years. The Pats have to address the defense and wideouts first, second, third fourth and fifth. the management of football is tough but timing is crucial. Look at the huge problems Mickey Loomis has caused down here by letting 7 starters contracts expire the same year with virtually no cap space.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

If BB sees a good value pick at TE, he will pull the trigger.  With it we would get a nice backup.  Be able to use Hernandez more in a WR role.  And, it's insurance in a couple years when Gronk and Hernandez need new contracts.  I doubt very much (as much as it pains me to say) that we will get to keep both as they are already 2 of the best TE's in the league.  Gronk is going to be due a MONSTER payday.  And Hernandez while he won't command as much, will command a big payout as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It would be nice if once we restructure/extend Welker, msybe in the summer, we use the savings to lock up Gronk and Hernandez now, with up front signing bonus money that doubles their rookie $ and the security to know they will be here 7-8-9 more years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.:
    [QUOTE]I think they'll pick the best player available regardless of position or need...
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

You can't predict who they'll pick until the cards start falling, the year BB took Chad Jackson and Maroney there was a run on defenders early, he took those guys because they were considered top one or two at their respective positions... how'd that work out? 

I'm pretty sure even Belichick wasn't prepared for every defender to be off the board and two of the "supposed" best offensive weapons sitting there.

That being said BB played tight end back in the day, he understands the importance of the factor position on offense and if a monster is sitting there he'll snap him up quick. We do have one roster spot for TE available?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]It would be nice if once we restructure/extend Welker, msybe in the summer, we use the savings to lock up Gronk and Hernandez now, with up front signing bonus money that doubles their rookie $ and the security to know they will be here 7-8-9 more years.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

minus the welker idea, ive been on this idea all season. longer we wait, the more they will cost. thought wiht the crazy low cap this year and next who knows. we may wait adn spend a fortune when the cap ballons in 2 years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Actually there is alot of talk that the pats will go after a TE because they really want to use Hernadez in the slot and at WR alot so they need another "true" TE to play on the line with Gronk.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]My guess is just a little different than yours but close to the same idea,I think they are going to use Hernandez at RB and that they will probably try their best to sign Daniel Fells as the TE rather than use a high draft choice to find one.Same thoughts about Hernandez though,he played out of the backfield at UOF and he was Tebows binky anytime he need to get the ball downfield Aaron Hernandez was the safety valve!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Anyone, other than myself, expecting TE pick in top 2 rounds.": I dont think they should draft another TE. As we said the two they have are young under rookie contracts. I want an experienced vet that can step in,not some kid. God forbid either gets hurt ( we saw what a hurt Gronk did in the SB) when the time comes for new contracts they may not be able to afford both. A vet can be cut but prepping a high draft choice behind these two is a waste of manpower the next couple of years. The Pats have to address the defense and wideouts first, second, third fourth and fifth. the management of football is tough but timing is crucial. Look at the huge problems Mickey Loomis has caused down here by letting 7 starters contracts expire the same year with virtually no cap space.
    Posted by nonola[/QUOTE]

I see your point... a good one as well.  Anyhow, the only players this team should draft should be on the D side of the ball.