Anyone Remember Samuel on Lelie 2005 Divsionals?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Anyone Remember Samuel on Lelie 2005 Divsionals?

Nothing to discuss really. I def. remember it. I was sick that game because our D was posting a shutout and Brady had only one WR, who was a hobbled branch and the Broncos were playing that 11 man up defense because our Chitty Wrs couldnt get seperation and that overated Bum John Lynch was in Bradys face early.

Its the Anti - BB agenda. What else could it be? The only way the Pats are gonna EVA win another SB is to leave no doubt and blow a team out. As long as its close, the refs will be able to effect the outcome so its not good enough to hang around and try to win in the end. We need to blow that team out when the opp. presents itself again. They have the talent and coaching but unfortunately our last 2 SB losses were more to do with being outcoached cuz we had better teams both times it seems based on reg. season records.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

^ LMAO!

Yea the minute they annouced Go-to-hell as the next Man up, I knew the NFL was in trouble.

It was obvouis That Tags had done a good job up until then but someone decided a dictator needed to run the league and that he should be picked from the Jets organization. I still remember the day and thinking who is this crazy looking, arian race guy and what are his plans and when i heard he worked for the Jets I knew it was gonna be hard for us to ever win another title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Funny thing; PACKERS fan from work thinks the Pats got s----wed. When people who are neither fans of the Patriots or Panthers start telling you your team got scr--ed something is definitely wrong. What bothers me most is that the NFL uses its PR to legitimize nearly every bad call instead of finding any solution to p--s poor refs. Egregious bad calls are just that....egregious bad calls.....who is playing is not relevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Kraft is a serious player in the NFL and one of the more powerful owners, wouldn't you say?  Belichick is a serious player in the NFL and one of the more powerful coaches, wouldn't you say?  If Roger Goodell or the officials were "out to get" the Patriots I am pretty positive these two guys would have some serious problems with that, don't you think?  You start pointing fingers and questioning the integrity of the game you better have some pretty solid evidence before you start making silly arguments.  Are there problems with officiating?  You bet there are. This is where you need to point the fingers and focus your efforts on talking about how to make it better.  Not the silly trollish arguments you make here.  Hell, there are a lot of bad calls in all of sports, it's just part of sports.   We get some our way and then there are the ones that don't go our way.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Deal with it and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Just thinking about the 06 Title game makes my bllod boil. Those yellow flags took a Lomabrdi right out of the Pats trophy case....and even worse for the fact that it was handed the biggest choker in NFL history so that the media would have a legitimate reason to continue saying he was the best ever. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

my brain is shot.  I dont remember yesterday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sure remember it well - and the ref who threw the flag was a gym teacher from Denver.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Same game that Ben Watson ran down Bailey at the goal line. That call was equally sketchy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same game that Ben Watson ran down Bailey at the goal line. That call was equally sketchy.

[/QUOTE]

It was a touchback.  He lost the ball and it went over the pylon. Refs were out that night.   What a play by watson.

[/QUOTE]

Cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing to discuss really. I def. remember it. I was sick that game because our D was posting a shutout and Brady had only one WR, who was a hobbled branch and the Broncos were playing that 11 man up defense because our Chitty Wrs couldnt get seperation and that overated Bum John Lynch was in Bradys face early.

Its the Anti - BB agenda. What else could it be? The only way the Pats are gonna EVA win another SB is to leave no doubt and blow a team out. As long as its close, the refs will be able to effect the outcome so its not good enough to hang around and try to win in the end. We need to blow that team out when the opp. presents itself again. They have the talent and coaching but unfortunately our last 2 SB losses were more to do with being outcoached cuz we had better teams both times it seems based on reg. season records.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. EVer notice how the calls start coming when we have a lead or a chance to win it?  That's my furstration. Beat my team fair and square, no problem. But, this interference and shaping by the refs is really disturbing to see happen every other week.

No lie, a buddy of mine a Vikes fan asked me yesterday..."what is it? What did the Pats do to have these last play of a game calls go against them?"  I didn't even bother answering. I know the answer and there is nothing we can do about it, except for get to a SB and then blow the opponent out. I agree.  It's the only way to defend against the refs trying to do things to get teams back into a game or make it hard on the Pats.

Remember the Houston playoff game last year on that Hightower roughing or the Mayo strip of FOster with that fake quick whistle?  We were blowing them out!  That got them back into it!  

This has been going on in various forms for years and years and years.

I mentioned the phantom pick by Troy in the 2006 AFC title game before half. Remember that one? We were steamrolling down the field again for a FG or TD before half and Troy went back to the huddle smiling but CBS never showed the penalty. Translation? There wasn't a penalty.   Indy was about to be run off the field in their own building and the refs started finding ways to change that.

Same deal on the "faceguarding" on Hobbs. There is no "faceguarding" in the NFL.  Hence, the letter sent to the Pats after the game to "apologize".  Why does this seriously only happen to us?

I never see such egegious things on a consistent basis with other teams. Never.

I am just not buying it anymore that these are coincidences. Remember the pick play by slot WR Steve Smith on Meriweather on that last drive in SB 42?  Not called.  It gave them that 1st down to keep going.

I realize that's a final drive of a SB, but why is it all the obvious calls that go against us, somehow are not enforced in our favor?

This whole "revenge for the Tuck Rule" is a joke, too. Since 2005 and Goodell's arrival, I can literally name a dozen famous plays that are beyond sketchy. Throw in the Spygate punishment, all the added rules that are essentially due to our team, with the media not really reporting fairly on the facts or what the rule changes mean or how they were devised, and we've got a massive conspiracy going on here.

We know the Pats winning a SB again would do many things:

1. It's bad for business.

2. The media would have to all come out and crown BB/Brady as the best ever, unequivocally, which is clearly something they don't want to do.

I fully get every team experiences bad calls, but why is our team on the back end of such egregious calls all the time with the game on the line?  That's my question.    It's not so much experiencing the call, but WHEN it is called and how frequent it is on an annual basis.

You're right in that the blowout has to be there, because the lack of integrity with Goodell and his instructions to refs for Pats games is definitely a factor.  This is why I've been defending our D in an offensive era lately, too. We don't win the close games, partly due to officiating changing momentum on us.  

Baltimore last year? That was a missed FG. Plain as day by the rule but the refs just ran off the field.

I remember last year when the replacement ref admitted they are told not to call anything on Hail Mary's. That proves they are ordered in some way, at certain times to call plays in a certain way.

GB got hosed, Seattle, an up and coming team Goodell wants to see win it all, gets the benefit of the fraud win, which could shape playoff seedings which it did.

Goodell does not want dynasties or repeat SB winners. He's trying to control things to the T in terms of how the league shakes down. The second a soup du jour teamm surfaces, that team is favored by the refs. This week? Carolina got it.

[/QUOTE]

Remember most of those plays...  Especially the troy brown phantom PI in 2006...  I taped it and played it back.... there was nothing and it was within the 5 yards anyway...  Then the PI in the sssb42 steve smith, pathetically obvious and blatant.  goodells ties with the Jets make me sick.  seems like conflict of interest , then the penalty for the spygate... what...?

It's getting hard to watch...  almost expecting something biased or corrupt to happen.

THe jets game call and the panthers game call kind of go together.    The jets game really pissed me off , which made this call worse...  the FG call was letter of the law (stupid) and the PI non=call was ignoring letterof the law altogether (stupid)...  common denominator pats get screwed both times both ways.

It is statistically inconsistent forming the pattern of corruption.  It's real.  I just hope that it is more just human nature to root for the underdog kind of stuff, instead of deliberate conspiracy.  Either way its wrong...  and sickening to be a fan and think of the lombardis , the draft picks and the money that were stolen from this team for some azsholes agenda.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just thinking about the 06 Title game makes my bllod boil. Those yellow flags took a Lomabrdi right out of the Pats trophy case....and even worse for the fact that it was handed the biggest choker in NFL history so that the media would have a legitimate reason to continue saying he was the best ever. 

[/QUOTE]

so true

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d825f093c/Films-Encore-Patriots-vs-Broncos

It starts at 1:40. Absurd call, even the announcers were mortified. The Pats gave that game away with turnovers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a touchback.  He lost the ball and it went over the pylon. Refs were out that night.   What a play by watson.

[/QUOTE]

You wanted it to go over the pylon, but it went straight left out at the 1 yard line.  Never came close to the pylon.  Can't believe almost 9 years later you are still trying to say this play happened differently than what it did. 

[/QUOTE]

That is scientifically impossible based on the overhead angle where Bailey launched the ball, not 90 degrees to his left from the 1 yard line, but at an angle over the pylon. The ball clearly did not go 90 degrees perpincular from Bailey's body out of bounds, nor did Bailey step out of bounds. It's literally impossible to mark the ball at the 1 yard line. It was an obvious touchback that they didn';t have the balls to call correctly in front of the home crowd.

Everyone knows it.

You're quite the little tool who does not understand the facts and rules.

[/QUOTE]

Kind of like you with team A and team B, saying that one was the second level instead of offense and defense.  Then claiming the NFL changed the rules midseason.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

84... the tight end????????!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I hope everyone here realizes that the NFL is the most corrupt league in sports and even though Tim Donaghy admitted the NBA was crooked, the NBA doesn't even come close to the debotchery the NFL allows to happen, though when the NFL refs get paid they do keep it on the down low! It's a shame but unfortunately Manning is coming to town on the heels of such a bagjob, can't wait to see which thieving referee call turns this game in favor of Goodell's illegitimate son Gomer Manning. It might be time to ask for a congressional investigation so the league gets it's free reign taken away, and then without the anti-trust protection the NFL could be prosecuted for game fixing ..... Under this guise the Rico act would probably apply because it's illegal game fixing across state lines and makes it a federal crime, to defraud a customer by means of duplicity for the profit of a corperation, Maybe it should happen but I'm not holding my breath.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E

[/QUOTE]

That proves it. His left foot hits the pylon and he was carrying the ball in his right hand. So, his right hand is on the outside.   It is phsyically impossible, if he hits the pylon, for the ball to go behind him out at the 1 yard line.

I said this at the time and still say it now.  We got bagged in that game so badly, I just had no idea this stuff would continue on for so many years so obviously so.

I could not believe they had the balls to spot it at the 1 yard line. That was two incorrect calls given to Denver at the 1 yard line for 14 points in that game.  Fact.

[/QUOTE]

I tried to prove where that ball crosses the sideline but its impossible...  If you're a ref you can't make that call unless you had a perfect view like looking up an upright...  (missed FG in Baltimore) for instance...    That missed FG was proven with scientific analysis to have missed wide right.  And that is not with the advantage of the perfect view like the ref had. ( and missed on that play...)

Sections
Shortcuts