Anyone Starting To Believe We Might Have A Really Good Defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Re: Anyone Starting To Believe We Might Have A Really Good Defense?

Next two weeks we'll see how well this defense keeps improving.  The Chargers have been struggling lately, but Phillip Rivers is still a top 10 QB in the NFL, a top 5 QB when he playing well.    Then we get the Vikings big three of Farve, Moss, and Peterson.  If we keep those offenses under control, I'll really be confident in this teams ability. 

I don't think this defense is that shut you down, Ravens, Steelers, or even Jets defense.  But I feel it could be that defense the Colts had when it won the Superbowl.  Good enough to force punts and turnovers, allowing a good defense and special teams to win games. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Nope.

Average at best.  NOT Super Bowl worthy. Convincing yourself otherwise is proof of your yahooism.

If you're asking about 2012, perhaps. Time will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

let's see what they do against the likes of pitt or indy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It appears that the potential is there for them to be a very good defense.  They do need to develop some consistency over a number of games.  Showed lots of promise late in the Baltimore game. 

McCourty has the goods and will be really tough.  Other corner slot without Bodden is still a concern.  Agree that Arrington is a scrapper.

Linebackers look to be really good over time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Before we all get ahead of ourselves, lets see how the D does against some really tough competition in the new few weeks. SD, the Vikes, Pittsburgh and Indy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

In Response to Anyone Starting To Believe We Might Have A Really Good Defense?:
    [QUOTE]The last two games our defense has played solid against two teams with talented offenses.  Our defense isn't dominating like the Ravens, Jets, Steelers, but we has some good speed on it and they're young, and clearly they young players are learning the system.   Our secondary and pass rush is still a concern, but if we continue to play the run like we have the last two games and we stay healthy, we're going to be in every game.   
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I agree... the defense is good and getting better. i like the younger players but if we did not lose mcgowan and boden we would be much further along...  lots of good young lineman...good young linebackers...good young safeties.. i say we will draft a top notch corner with one of the firsts next year...then we will be deep at corner as well...we will be young and deep for years...and "very  good"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Starting To Believe We Might Have A Really Good Defense?:
    [QUOTE]Before we all get ahead of ourselves, lets see how the D does against some really tough competition in the new few weeks. SD, the Vikes, Pittsburgh and Indy.
    Posted by LittleTimmy31[/QUOTE]

Baltimore has a better offense than SD, VIkings and Pittsburgh......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AReasonedVoice. Show AReasonedVoice's posts

Realistically, the defense is too young to be considered a great, or even really good defense.  At this point, they still make way too many mistakes.

BUT, and I felt this way even before the last game, I just have a sense that we have an outstanding talented group of young guys, that over time, will evolve to a great defense.  

I grew up a Dolphin fan, and one of the things I always admired about Shula, was that he adapted his coaching style to the players at hand.... getting the best out of them instead of being a formula coach who could only coach one style. 

And I think this is a testament to Belichick's greatness too. We had great defensive successes in the past with older seasoned veterans, but now Belichick is going with young athletic guys.  Giving them the chance to make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and develop as a unit.  They clearly have talent and smarts.  Those things can't be taught.  Learning to minimize mistakes can be taught, and they will only improve over time.

And the young guys are just plain fun to watch.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Patriots defense is slightly above average.  Lets' see how they do against, The Chargers, The Vikings, The Steelers, The Colts and The Jets. 

I think they still need more pieces on defense like an edge rusher or two and a shut down corner.

I still see next year as the year where all of the remaining issues on defense and offense can be addressed through the draft, free agency and trades.

Next year they could become a great 'young' defense.

But i have not seen enough of them against top teams to suggest that have a good defense.

dboss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's a solid/good D right now with plenty of time and room to improve.  One step at a time.

The good news is, the chances of this becoming a VERY GOOD D by December, are VERY HIGH.

BB and Driven Players = Success