Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?

Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?

This guy is a total and complete beast! He really is our passing game and therefore our offense. Truth be told he should of had 3 touchdown receptions today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

what do yu mean? someone thinks he's not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

MVP, Offensive player of the year and all around BEAST!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Tcal.....I think he definately is worth considering, but regardless if we don't like Aaron Rodgers, its hard to argue against him unless he has a severe breakdown for the remaining 4 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He should be but everyone knows it always goes to a QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

MVP?  Nope, they'll give it to Rogers.  MVP of our team - no doubt.  Think of what the result of this game would have been had he only had half the YAC that he did.  TB and the D stunk today, and Gronk bailed both out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Agreed.

I posted on the game thread - for most guys you could make a career highlight film from this one game.  Amazing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?:
    Tcal.....I think he definately is worth considering, but regardless if we don't like Aaron Rodgers, its hard to argue against him unless he has a severe breakdown for the remaining 4 games.
    Posted by 4Adam13

I just hate the QB bias by the voters 4Adam13.  My argument for GRONK is that he is having an all time great year for the position setting records along the way.  Unless Rodgers does the same he shouldn't win it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate? : I just hate the QB bias by the voters 4Adam13.  My argument for GRONK is that he is having an all time great year for the position setting records along the way.  Unless Rodgers does the same he shouldn't win it.
    Posted by tcal2-

Yeah I somewhat agree with your line of thinking. Believe me, I'd love to see Gronk get it. And I completely agree there is a QB bias. Hard thing for me to ignore though is that the Packers are undefeated, and it is likely they finish 16-0 considering their schedule. As we witnessed in 2007, that is pretty special and you have to wonder if the Packers could have done this without Rodgers. Then considering he could end up setting a record for yards, TD to Int Ratio, QB rating......I think he may be more deserving.

I dunno......good arguments either way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I think he should be and he deserves it, but unless Rodgers falls apart in the last four weeks no one else has a shot at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If Gronk's touchdown count gets up into the mid 20s, I think he becomes a more serious MVP candidate. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If Gronk's touchdown count gets up into the mid 20s, I think he becomes a more serious MVP candidate. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

He should of had 3 today prolate0spheroid.  To bad Brady missed him on that one in the End Zone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Strong candidate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate? : He should of had 3 today prolate0spheroid.  To bad Brady missed him on that one in the End Zone.
    Posted by tcal2-

Yeah . . . I think there's a chance he'll end up with close to 20 this year.  I think the receiving record overall is 23.  If he gets close to that, I think you really need to start looking at him seriously as MVP.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

a strong candidate yes  , but atm  rodgers is the favorite

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

1) get in a chip block & release
    2) make diving catch
    3) have the presence of mind to know you weren't touched and get up
    4) have the agility to get up fast enough to start running
    5) drag two guys down the sideline
    6) have the strength to break free of them
    7) have the agility to not go out of bounds not once, but twice, during potentially being tackled
    8) catch the TD on the next play

this guy is amazing.  those two plays were a microcosm of why. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

he could have had TWO more... the one brady threw behind / at his feet, and the one where he got a helmet in the face (offender was NOT flagged, which I thought was kind of BS).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by prolate0spheroid

The truth, he needs what 4 more total? 5 receiving.

he'll set a record that won't be beat for a few years at least.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Our offense would be lost without him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

If Gronk ends the season with 20 or more TD's he will get quite a bit of votes. Rodgers might be on an undefeated team but he isn't having the same type of year Gronk is having for the Pats. Imagine if Gronk wasn't on this team!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

If Gronk ends the season with 20 or more TD's he will get quite a bit of votes. Rodgers might be on an undefeated team but he isn't having the same type of year Gronk is having for the Pats. Imagine if Gronk wasn't on this team!?
    Posted by freediro

Not having the same sort of year. He is on pace to set passer rating record and is on pace to come closer to the passing TD record then Gronk is to the receiving record and is on pace to set the passing yards record as well...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The man, the myth, the monster.  Let him break that record until no one else even has a chance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He has to break the receiving TDs record and, even then, will still be a toss-up between him and Rodgers. Rodgers will win if he has an undefeated season. I will say this: Gronk has become the best TE in football in a very very short space of time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate? : I just hate the QB bias by the voters 4Adam13.  My argument for GRONK is that he is having an all time great year for the position setting records along the way.  Unless Rodgers does the same he shouldn't win it.
    Posted by tcal2-

tcal - I would say Brady's year last year was the best year a QB's ever had. Rodgers might be the second best I've ever seen so yes Gronk is having an all time great TE year Rodgers is still the guy.

Now if Rodgers was having a typical MVP season for a QB then Gronk is the man but what Rodgers is doing is arguable one of the top 3 QB seasons of all time so just no luck for the Gronk

Sections
Shortcuts