Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate?:
    [QUOTE]MVP?  Nope, they'll give it to Rogers.  MVP of our team - no doubt.  Think of what the result of this game would have been had he only had half the YAC that he did.  TB and the D stunk today, and Gronk bailed both out.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

yes!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rob Gronkowski just got congress to agree that he is a stud and they never agree on anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I like it :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate? : tcal - I would say Brady's year last year was the best year a QB's ever had. Rodgers might be the second best I've ever seen so yes Gronk is having an all time great TE year Rodgers is still the guy. Now if Rodgers was having a typical MVP season for a QB then Gronk is the man but what Rodgers is doing is arguable one of the top 3 QB seasons of all time so just no luck for the Gronk
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Other than looking at it through Patriots colored glasses how can you say that Brady's season last year was better than Rodgers this year. With the exception of Brady's insanely low interception numbers, Rodgers is ahead of Brady in every measurable stat including wins (Yards, TDs, Completion%, Yards/Attempt, passer rating). He is spreading out the ball six players with more than 20 receptions and nine who have caught TDs (actually 10 including today). Let's keep perspective here...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Gronk makes me laugh with joy!  Love the guy.  What a game.  Held on the line of scrimmage, gets barely free, makes the catch with those massive, sticky mits of his, rumbles for a TD.  Love it.  On other plays, drags linebackers trying to stop him.  Almost awkwardly athletic and graceful.  Spikes the ball like it's his sacred, bad-a$$ duty.
    But, alas, he is 'just' a TE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If he gets to 20 touch downs, which is a rigronkulously big number for a TE - then he will probably end up 2nd in the voting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone still think GRONK isn't a legit MVP candidate? : Other than looking at it through Patriots colored glasses how can you say that Brady's season last year was better than Rodgers this year. With the exception of Brady's insanely low interception numbers, Rodgers is ahead of Brady in every measurable stat including wins (Yards, TDs, Completion%, Yards/Attempt, passer rating). He is spreading out the ball six players with more than 20 receptions and nine who have caught TDs (actually 10 including today). Let's keep perspective here...
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Because, I also look at strength of schedule and players on the team.

Rodgers has far and away better receivers this year then Brady had last. GB has also had one of the weakest schedules since the Pats of 08'.

So I'm not just looking at numbers I'm putting everything into perspective and realizing that there are more factors then just the numbers on a stat line.

It's also why I consider some season on QB's in previous era's pretty highly too, even though the numbers don't match up. There are just other factors you need to consider.