Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

Apparently Brady just saved us 7 million more in cap space, other cuts of backups can easily get that figure over 10, Wes and Light long-terms/restructuring can get us to 20 under

We've talked about Jonathan Stewart, to me he is worth a 3rd rd pick with a conditional pick in '13 depending on if we extend him (2nd) franchise him (3rd) or let him walk (4th). Stewart only makes 1.3 million though.

How about Dwight Freeney?

If we had 14 million is space (his contract) and it was for pick 48 and an instant restructure I'd say yes. Get him for around the same yearly amount Wimbley/Anderson got (6-7 million) only over 3 years instead of 4-5 since he is 32.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

I'd rather we got Dwight Freeney than another running back.  I'd like to see a little infusion in the defense since we lost Mark Anderson.  I am happy with the direction of the defense even though a lot of other Pats fans are not happy.  But we could use some more help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Freeney at a low cost though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont know, but they are either gonna trade up in the draft or get someone via trade who needs to get paid.

Its not even just because of bradys contract being restructured,IMO

I look at the fact we were just in the SB, with a team (on defense) noone expected to do much..

B.B. now only looks to shore up a few spots and if/when he gets back to the SB, he will have the tools in place to keep from losing another oppt'y.

So what I am saying is, he didnt bring in these weapons for Brady, and the players he did on defense only to fall short because of A.) Not having a potent running game or B.) not having a good defense.

So I would say he is either going for a RB who is considered Above Average and or He is looking to upgrade our defense with an impact player, most likely a pass rusher.

I think we have the ammo to do both. Trade for a Rb. Draft the Top Lineman/Pass rusher.

B.B. knows how to manufacture pressure with the right peices. I also think he realized he was one Stud RB and a couple playmakers on defense from sealing the deal, despite us "having it in the bag"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBBBDynasty. Show TBBBDynasty's posts

How about maybe targeting bush to replace BJGE. Power running dual threat. Trade for Freeney is possible for a lower round pick. Draft Barron and a de\olb, sign bush, trade for freeney?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd still like to go after Webb and see if they can lock him for for a contract in between a Bodden and Carr type of contract.

Add in a S in the draft and our secondary would be set for years, given their youth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBBBDynasty. Show TBBBDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    I'd still like to go after Webb and see if they can lock him for for a contract in between a Bodden and Carr type of contract. Add in a S in the draft and our secondary would be set for years, given their youth
    Posted by PatsEng

i like webb to but i wouldnt give up the 31 for a cb who would have to learn our system. we have arrington, mccourty, moore, and dowling. all have great potential. i think our need for d-line is far greater. with a better pass rush the quarterbacks will throw up more picks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfanVA. Show bosfanVA's posts

I say make a move to get Richardson out of Alabama. He is a true power back and was coached by Saban. We all know about BB and people that he has trust in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So to satisfy everyones desires so far:

pick 27, 48, Hoyer, and our '13 #1 pick to the Browns for pick #4 for Trent Richardson (dominant running game for years)

pick 31 for Webb (signed 5 years 35-40 million)

pick 95 for Freeny (restructures at 3 years 21 million)

Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Trent Richardson, Ladarius Webb, and Dwight Freeney?  If you can't win a Super Bowl with that squad, you are pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

haha, can we get and then afford those 3? That's the question?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

haha, can we get and then afford those 3? That's the question?
    Posted by rameakap

I think we could pull off all 3 and stay under the cap ( Light retire or other cap move ).

We would lose all of our 4 top picks ( I think Freeney would be had for less than a 2nd though )

I would pull the trigger for T.Rich and Webb, not Dwight. I would draft Dwight's position in 2nd round.

I would not give up next years 1st in the trade for T.Rich. I think if we give up Mallet it would be more coveted by Clev. and require less compensation in picks.  I doubt without him they would have interest in a deal with us as they could take Hoyer now for a 2nd if they so desired.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I don't think any team in the NFL has confidence that Hoyer could be a franchise guy. Some team might see him as better than what they have or as an valuable backup and it is possible that a 2nd is given up for him. I doubt it highly.

I think any team with some QB uncertainty would love to give Hoyer the opportunity to compete if it did not cost them a pick.

Mallet has much higher trade value that Hoyer does. Mallet is equal to a mid first round pick this year and to a team in high need for a franchise QB like Clev. he is almost worth the #4 alone.

Clev will not settle for just Mallet though because of media and fan base fallout. They will require that the deal be sweetened so that it's appearance is more of equality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rame, I like your thinking. If that package would work, I would do it for a guy like Richardson.

I dont know if I would play 7mill to Freeney. Thats what Abraham got and I liked him better. People were saying Abraham was looking for 12 mill/yr. He obviously overrated himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmd. Show mmd's posts

How about going after Matt Forte?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I'd rather we got Dwight Freeney than another running back.  I'd like to see a little infusion in the defense since we lost Mark Anderson.  I am happy with the direction of the defense even though a lot of other Pats fans are not happy.  But we could use some more help.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

Yes please.

And a Def draft

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

So to satisfy everyones desires so far: pick 27, 48, Hoyer, and our '13 #1 pick to the Browns for pick #4 for Trent Richardson (dominant running game for years) pick 31 for Webb (signed 5 years 35-40 million) pick 95 for Freeny (restructures at 3 years 21 million)
    Posted by rameakap

Ram not sure if you want to do all this or just putting up trade scenarios.  I have seen the Richardson idea now several times.  I just can't see how the Pats would give up, a 1st rd pic, (2) 2nd rd pics (hoyers tender) and our next yrs 1st for anyone let alone a rb when we have 2 rookie RBs from last year in an offense that is predicated on passing and we have tons of money already tied up in brady and all his WRs. 

Nothing will ever surpise with BB the minute you say he'd never do this he does it and quite well.  BUT I just can't see us giving up all that, doesnt it go against the entire Pats team building and drafting philosphy to give 2 1st 2 2nds for one player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't see this happening unless bb decides to go 4-3. last year was an exception because they did not have full ota. i believe his preferred d was manifested during the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I say make a move to get Richardson out of Alabama. He is a true power back and was coached by Saban. We all know about BB and people that he has trust in.
    Posted by bosfanVA

dream on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

forget the RB's....BB is sticking with the young guys....Just a guess on my part but since we rely on Brady's arm more...veteran RB won't be a high priority,nor should it be. ALL D from here on. Unless he finds a gem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i suspect they are already against the cap (inclusive of what it will cost to sign welker), so they have to get more cap room to sign draft picks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Here's one:

Now that Branch is back for one more year with the screws really being put to Welker, let's drop Welker out to Chicago and trade for the disgruntled Forte if they don't want to invest in him. 

This offense would be unstoppable, even in the playoffs.  Forte sounds ticked off that the Bears just foolishly paid for an overweight power back, as he he should be.

I don't want to trade Welker, but if he's going to pull a Mankins, I am not interested.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Trent Richardson, Ladarius Webb, and Dwight Freeney?  If you can't win a Super Bowl with that squad, you are pathetic.

The Webb idea is one of the worst ideas I've heard. We didn't pay Samuel that kind of money, why on earth would we start messing with the formula now?

Also, what is the obsession with adding another CB in FA?  I am not a Will Allen fan, but they just added him. Camp body, but he may end up making the team, too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I have a bad feeling that Welker is on his way out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think they're trying to lock up Carter in a deal...either that or Kraft is trying to prove that you can shed 7 million off the cap with a swipe of the pen...and keep us out of "salary cap hell".

Sections
Shortcuts