Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

Def need more D....I am actually glad that they didnt get Landry though....he cant stay on the field.  Agree Gregory is a good depth move, but I wonder if he is starting FS material....i guess he is better than what we (yes I said we...I am trying) had last year.  I would love to see one good to great vet CB...but every team needs that. Easier to find a good to great FS...and that would help alot. I still think McCourty can be a good CB....but he had ZERO safetly help last year, and it showed. As much as Sanders had weaknesses, he was a vet back there, and provided stability where McCourty could focus on his job, not the job of half the secondary.
    I would love to see them move way up in the draft and pick up the kid from LSU at corner...he is a ball hawk....but thats just not BB's M.O.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont think Light is retiring and I wouldnt want him too. Vollmer hasnt proved he can stay healthy, so we still need Light until Cannon proves himself.

I wouldnt mind a Forte in this offense, but I would be worried about paying him too much. One thing I dont like is he has been hurt. I woud hate for us to get burned with him catching a major injury.

I dont know if this team needs an Elite back, but just a more talented Stable all around. Vareen and Ridley are already better than Benny/Faulk talent wise. So we will be better next year by default. IF we add another young back, that has experience in the NFL, but isnt OLD and also isnt expensive, I think thats ideal

That is Justin Forsett!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWGl9MRsIyU

B.B. could lock up this guy for probably less money than Benny wanted. Can do it all. Low center of gravity. Escapability.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Notice the highlights and how most of the plays are on 1st down and how he always makes the first man miss. Something NFL backs are supposed to be able to do and someting rarely seen with Benny. Not knocking him, but just saying..

With Spencer Larson on board, only more back is needed. I hope its this guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

My gut tells me that this (restructuring) was done mainly so that they can re-sign some of their own guys, like Welker, Carter, and maybe even start discussing extensions for Gronk, etc.

That said, you can NEVER underestimate the "surprise" factor when it comes to what the Pats may have cooking up their sleeves. I mean, who among us expected them to come away from draft weekend in 2007 with Randy Moss in the fold?

Some have mentioned Freeney--that would be a good move, however, he wants top dollar and, to be frank, he's always been more of a "one-trick pony." He rushes the passer, and doesn't do much else. He's exceptional at that one thing, but we all know that BB prefers "versatile" guys who can play 3 downs--especially at the price tag Freeney would demand.

Jared Allen would make more sense--if the Vikings would be willing to make him available. They're in rebuilding mode, afterall, so maybe that could happen.

Still, I'm not expecting anything major. I still think Brady did this mainly so that the Pats can re-sign their own guys (nothing wrong with that, of course).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I agree with signing the rest of their own guys (the ones worth signing). if Carter stays healthy, he was a big factor. I also think that Fanene was a good signing...not flashy, but solid.  If they Pats could draft a Ty Warren type of player...not flashy, but stout and difficult to move off the block (when he was healthy and motivated) then having Vince AND another big, mobile DT would free things up for Carter, or even Nink.  Ideally I would love to see them get the DT from LSU..but he wont last that long. Then I want to see them grab DB's...and nothing but DB's.....lol  Draft 5 with the hope that 2 or 3 stick...lol not a good idea but you see where I am going with this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    Def need more D....I am actually glad that they didnt get Landry though....he cant stay on the field.  Agree Gregory is a good depth move, but I wonder if he is starting FS material....i guess he is better than what we (yes I said we...I am trying) had last year.  I would love to see one good to great vet CB...but every team needs that. Easier to find a good to great FS...and that would help alot. I still think McCourty can be a good CB....but he had ZERO safetly help last year, and it showed. As much as Sanders had weaknesses, he was a vet back there, and provided stability where McCourty could focus on his job, not the job of half the secondary. I would love to see them move way up in the draft and pick up the kid from LSU at corner...he is a ball hawk....but thats just not BB's M.O.
    Posted by slicksteve38

Yeah it would prob take too much to get Claiborne or Richardson

Good call about Sanders (and even Merriweather) covering for McCourty

Will Allen is a decent vet move, but Tracy Porter, he of the big SB interception on Payton, just got 1 year at 4 million in Denver. That would have been better than Allen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeremiah Bell is a guy i'd like to see in our secondary. He may have just turned 34, but Rodney was in his 30's when we got him and had a lot more left than people thought.
    Bell ha splayed in 16 games 4 straight years with over 100 tackles each year. He's also good a for a sack and an INT each year and was a team captain.

While he wouldn't keep me from drafting Barron (well maybe at 27 but def not at 31) he would keep me from drafting any safety in rd 2-3.

Bell deserves the same contract as Gregory, or maybe 2 years 7 million something like that. One less worry for the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree with ramakap--we/us know we don't work or play for the Pats igt's just semantics-we as fans feel attached to our home team like an extended family-maybe we should all see a shrink who in turn all see shrinks--LOL---Lighten up Slicksteve or at least change your moniker to irritated steve?In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    Who is "we" and "us"....Do you work of play for the Patriots? God I cant stand it when people do this.....be the biggest fan in the world, but dont say you are part of this team.
    Posted by slicksteve38

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    I agree with signing the rest of their own guys (the ones worth signing). if Carter stays healthy, he was a big factor. I also think that Fanene was a good signing...not flashy, but solid.  If they Pats could draft a Ty Warren type of player...not flashy, but stout and difficult to move off the block (when he was healthy and motivated) then having Vince AND another big, mobile DT would free things up for Carter, or even Nink.  Ideally I would love to see them get the DT from LSU..but he wont last that long. Then I want to see them grab DB's...and nothing but DB's.....lol  Draft 5 with the hope that 2 or 3 stick...lol not a good idea but you see where I am going with this. 
    Posted by slicksteve38

I agree with the defensive lineman part, but how many more swing and misses are we going to have to do before we select the right defensive back? I don't want to keep wasting picks at that spot. Sign a veteran, the list of secondary disappointments is rather large...Butler, Wheatly, Marshall (I don't think the ND grad ever made it out of camp), Merriweather, Hobbs, McCourty (is he going to bounce back?), Chung (if he doesn't stay on the field he'll never improve in coverage enough), Dawling (the guy gets hurt in a stiff wind), Whilite. That's some serious resources in the draft department, never mind the 25 million dollar contract to Bodden. 

A lot of teams wouldn't be able to survive this, but when you have the best coach in the business and a quarterback that can put 30-40 points up on a regular basis you can. I think this is probably more bad luck than anything, it's not like Belichick forgot what a defensive back is supposed to look like - he signed Harrison and drafted Asante at one point, but man we need to catch a break in that area.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

No trades unless our free agents won't reasonably extend, sign our own guys and draft picks.  Sign cast offs from other team's after the draft and after camp cuts

^ that makes the most sense. One thing I see every year on this board is that BB wheels and deals draft picks to Future picks. Its like my kids in a way , you give them $20 and it would burn a hold in their pocket to spend.

BB is looking out for the long haul. Sure he's had some bad draft picks, but he's had some great ones too. We shoot "our" wad now and what does everyone say next year? What if one of these great trades goes down? No depth.

Then next draft we have no first rounder or second rounder and everyone would cry BB doesn't know what he's doing , Bradys window is closing and we traded the future away for some guy who can't stay on the field. I have great admiration of BB the GM. He's thinking long term, investing in the team. If not for the JEts and Spygate he's have had 2 more first round picks to use or wheel and deal with. We STILL have 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. If he was running your company you'd be happy. I hope we trade picks with the Dolphins into next year.

Patience is key in this industry. This team is a perpetual winner. Sometimes we may look like the new Colts but we do a lot better in the playoffs then the Colts do. I don';t think that "we" are many pieces away from going back to the Superbowl. Be glad that "we" are not the Vikings

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jared Allen is much better than Freeney and worth a 1st rd pick IMO (Freeney nothing more than a 2nd). He is also 2 years younger.

But the question with both is , does Allen restructure from being owed like 2/26 and Freeney 1/14?

I'd take Allen at 5/50 quite frankly, with like the 7-8 million Brady just saved us being his '12 contract.

Freeny I'd pay like 3/21, with maybe a 4-5 million base this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bump

Sections
Shortcuts