Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Re: Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron.

Agreed.. for those fans who have been on the pats bandwagon since the bb or even the parcells/carroll/bb era you have it easy. 

As a pats fan since the early grogan years, I do not pine for the days of eason, hodson, zolak, millen, flutie, bledsoe, etc etc etc at qb, the countless coaches, bad gm, bad owners. We have a great team owner, coach, and organization and you don't know understand that we were the LA Clippers of the NFL.... and are now easily in the top 5 Teams year in and year out since Kraft brought BB. Cheer up and in BB we trust, because even if it takes a few years, it won't be as bad as the panthers/lions/redskins/cowboys/etc due to the owners and coaches.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

This has definately been the week of knee jerk posts. Seriously some folks just need to chill out. You seriously want to start over a 14-2 (rebuilding year) team. Like every 32 teams out they they have issues. They had a bunch of kids just learning the game this year, what happens when those kids can be trusted even more with the experience. They'll be able to be even more creative on defense and do things they just couldn't do the past few years. I for one really feel like the Pats are going to be in the Super Bowl hunt for a long time as BB is the coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If this forum is like this after the last few years I can only imagine what the Titans or Jaguars forums have been like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

What some people are saying here is beyond belief.  He is by far the most accomplished active NFL coach--the only coach in NFL history with four 14-win seasons, five Super Bowl rings (including two with the Giants), etc., etc.  No one alive (except maybe Chuck Noll) can match Belichick's track record, but because he is not perfect, some completely unrealistic fans think he should be thrown to the wolves.  But of course they can't name any alternatives. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron.:
    [QUOTE]I love the avatar man! lol I saw 420 and was like this kid must be cool LOL then I saw the pic and knew it for sure lol hot chick hitting a bong....very nice.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, if only i could claim to know her because i bet she would be alot of fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron.:
    [QUOTE]I love the avatar man! lol I saw 420 and was like this kid must be cool LOL then I saw the pic and knew it for sure lol hot chick hitting a bong....very nice.

I want him to stay for sure. I agree, there is no better coach out there but what I would like to see from BB at times is a little less ridgitity..especially in regards to the cliched "Patriot Way". there are other approaches that work in the NFL. What I would like to see BB do is surround himself with a solid staff of coaches starting with a REAL OC and DC. BB had done his best work when he's had guys like Charlie or Romeo and to a certain extent Mangini (remember what he did with our decimated secondary with guys like Earthwind Moreland?) and Josh McDaniels. I for one think Bill has too much on his plate and contrary to what will be said in reply here, he doesn't have coordinators. He has minions that do what he says with no questions asked. He needs good fresh football minds to work WITH HIM and to have constructive input and to not be afraid to go counter to Bill. A fresh approach would be nice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Yea I bet she would be lol ahhh I remember when my wife was fun lol now she is just pregnant and mean LOL

Ahh, the pregnancy deal. It's been three years since my wife was pregnant with our daughter and I honestly can't remember if she was mean or not (and no it has nothing to do with smoking mary, lol). So much happens in those first years that for me at least that time has become somewhat of a blur, almost as if it was a lifetime ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron. : Thanks man, if only i could claim to know her because i bet she would be alot of fun.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]
    NOW I'm sad.  But I feel better about leering than if it was your wife or something.  
    Lots of loose canons running around.  I got fairly fired up and let some have it, now they are going all Rex Ryan and saying I hunted them down and am harassing them.  I thought about it for about 4 seconds, then said hey, whatever.  If I get booted causing them to think about their flaming troll posts before they put them up, worth it totally.  Tired of the Leons of the world using these tactics to drag the board into insane rage.  On the bright side, I'm now much more willing to tolerate UD and WeDerrWEDUMB and some of the other less crazy posters for other teams.  So, I changed, maybe, just a bit.  But for sure I got my anger and despair over what happened Sunday out of my system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed.. for those fans who have been on the pats bandwagon since the bb or even the parcells/carroll/bb era you have it easy.  As a pats fan since the early grogan years, I do not pine for the days of eason, hodson, zolak, millen, flutie, bledsoe, etc etc etc at qb, the countless coaches, bad gm, bad owners. We have a great team owner, coach, and organization and you don't know understand that we were the LA Clippers of the NFL.... and are now easily in the top 5 Teams year in and year out since Kraft brought BB. Cheer up and in BB we trust, because even if it takes a few years, it won't be as bad as the panthers/lions/redskins/cowboys/etc due to the owners and coaches.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

Lol, I remember like 1988 listening to WAAF in Worcester and Zolak was a guest every week for some reason... on the Drew and Karen show... "Ladies and Gentlemen,..... SCOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT ZOLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKK!"
    And he would come on and talk about.. nothing.  He was a clipboard stand.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]Yea I bet she would be lol ahhh I remember when my wife was fun lol now she is just pregnant and mean LOL

My current predicament, exactly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I think the superbowl beard is an awesome idea. Maybe you could rally a group of people to do likewise next year. I know I would go along with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's very hard to win consistently in the NFL.
    It's even harder to win super bowls.
    14 of the 32 NFL teams have never won a super bowl.
    Even the great 49ers had two 14-2 non-SB-winning seasons.
    Some fans are really fickle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

moron or a jets fan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Did you ever thing that Bill b might not have *name* a O or D coordinator because they always get raided when we're sucessful. If you don't name one then you wont lose one.

About the woman and fun thing...  Woman are fun until their sister gets killed by that house, then their not fun anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gt281ci. Show gt281ci's posts

people are idiots! the pats are on the way to another SB! Belichick did an amazing job with the team this year, better than anyone would have imagined. Brady deserves every penny of that contract he got this year. the pats are a great team and just need a few more pieces of the puzzle to get back to the SB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just as dumb are the people saying get rid of Brady, we'd be 8 and 8 without him and 6 and 10 without the both of them. Teams that don't have a pass rusher, deap threat, franchise back, ends for the 34, or consistent safety don't make the playoffs...never mind get a first round bye. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

mthurl, are you insinuating that Chung and Sanders weren't consistent? Sanders was consistently mediocre, but Chung was almost a Pro Bowler. With health, he's almost a lock to be there next year. Sanders was just a good leader and an overacheiving player with less than exemplary athleticism. Watching Jermaine Gresham stand there and catch a ball at his head when Sanders looked like the little kid trying to fight the bully on the playground by humping his leg was insulting....but that's just Sanders. It's not like he's a bad player. He just doesn't make the flashy play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

You have 2 choices. Totally remake the team or get a new coach. It is usually easier to change the coach. How did the Pats play so brilliantly this year, especially the last 2 months, and then 1 and done like last year? Why is it that BB has been out coached the last 3 playoff games.
    Forget the first 2. Why could BB not figure out how to counter what the Jets were doing? Why could Rex Ryan figure it out but BB did not?
    How did the Jests stop the run, the short pass, the long pass, the screen, the Welker slants and everything else the Pats tried? And why didn't BB make adjustments to pick up the Jets pressure?  The players said the Jets didn't do anything they had not seen beforer, so why not adjust?  Why did Sanchez not break a sweat or have to wash his uniform after the game?  Why did BB not try to pressure him as they did in the previous 6 games before this one? If BB is still so great, why has the past 6 years been the time of Bif Ben abd the Steelers, not the Pats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Bill We Trust

Gonna have to do a better job coaching though in the playoffs next year

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

When did this turn into a Chargers forum? Yeah, the Pats are great and are a lock to win it all in 2011. Bill Belichick is a genius. The best coach of all time. Never mind the fact that he has stocked his coaching staff with r etards. Or the fact that he has been outcoached by slugs like Rex Ryan on a consistent basis for years now. Don't worry about the fact that this team has become mentally soft and imploded in the playoffs for six straight years- including two of the biggest choke jobs in Nfl history. And that's not even including the meltdown against Indy. Of course that choke job to Indy seems like the good old days now. At least they were able to get past the first round back then.

Since 2004 they have laid down to Baltimore, the Broncos and the Jets. They were better than all three teams and none of those teams were good enough to win the Superbowl. They lost to a Giants team that never should have been in the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl. And lost a huge second half lead to the Colts to blow that playoff game.

When the going gets tough, the Pats lay down. The Jets game is a perfect example. The talent differential between these two teams is so great that the Pats beat them 45-3 a month ago. That's not xs and os or the Jets having a bad day. That is just proof that one team is flat out better than the other. So what do the Pats do when the game actually matters? They lets the Jets push them around like little girls on their own field. No fire. No emotion. Even after the Jets disrespected them all week. And no adjustments by Belichoke and his staff of clowns.

And all the people that spout the "But they were 14-2 in regular season. They must be a great team." are ridiculous. Isn't that the same twisted logic we used to mock Colts and Chargers fans for employing? You know, back when we didn't get all giddy about a division championship.

I'm not saying it's time for Bill to go. But I am getting pretty sick of him not having his team prepared for playoff games. Why is firing him so ridiculous? They have been knocked out of the playoffs for six straight years. At what point do you start to think about making a change? After ten years? Twelve? Are you happy as long as the team has decent regular season? What if they start posting 8-8 seasons? Or five win seasons. Or do they have to hit absolute rock bottom before you think it's time for a change? Where's the line?

Tom Cable was fired after going 8-8 with the Raiders. The Raiders!!! He should get a medal for getting 8 wins out that team. Instead he gets fired. Coaches get fired every year for failures far less egregious than what Bill has done over the last 6 years. So stop acting like the very thought of firing him is outlandish.
    Futhermore, calling someone a moron simply for disagreeing with your OPINION is the height or arrogance and ignorance. I'm glad you are happy with six straight years of failure. Some of us are not. Some of us see the coaches getting sloppy and the players getting soft and don't like it. If the Pats are healthy next year and still have another playoff implosion, or miss the playoffs, you have to seriously consider moving on and getting some fresh blood in there.

Wether some of you want to admit it or not, the Pats have become chokers. And listening the excuses around here is starting to remind me of the Bruins sheep.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]When did this turn into a Chargers forum? Yeah, the Pats are great and are a lock to win it all in 2011. Bill Belichick is a genius. The best coach of all time. Never mind the fact that he has stocked his coaching staff with r etards. Or the fact that he has been outcoached by slugs like Rex Ryan on a consistent basis for years now. Don't worry about the fact that this team has become mentally soft and imploded in the playoffs for six straight years- including two of the biggest choke jobs in Nfl history. And that's not even including the meltdown against Indy. Of course that choke job to Indy seems like the good old days now. At least they were able to get past the first round back then. Since 2004 they have laid down to Baltimore, the Broncos and the Jets. They were better than all three teams and none of those teams were good enough to win the Superbowl. They lost to a Giants team that never should have been in the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl. And lost a huge second half lead to the Colts to blow that playoff game. When the going gets tough, the Pats lay down. The Jets game is a perfect example. The talent differential between these two teams is so great that the Pats beat them 45-3 a month ago. That's not xs and os or the Jets having a bad day. That is just proof that one team is flat out better than the other. So what do the Pats do when the game actually matters? They lets the Jets push them around like little girls on their own field. No fire. No emotion. Even after the Jets disrespected them all week. And no adjustments by Belichoke and his staff of clowns. And all the people that spout the "But they were 14-2 in regular season. They must be a great team." are ridiculous. Isn't that the same twisted logic we used to mock Colts and Chargers fans for employing? You know, back when we didn't get all giddy about a division championship. I'm not saying it's time for Bill to go. But I am getting pretty sick of him not having his team prepared for playoff games. Why is firing him so ridiculous? They have been knocked out of the playoffs for six straight years. At what point do you start to think about making a change? After ten years? Twelve? Are you happy as long as the team has decent regular season? What if they start posting 8-8 seasons? Or five win seasons. Or do they have to hit absolute rock bottom before you think it's time for a change? Where's the line? Tom Cable was fired after going 8-8 with the Raiders. The Raiders!!! He should get a medal for getting 8 wins out that team. Instead he gets fired. Coaches get fired every year for failures far less egregious than what Bill has done over the last 6 years. So stop acting like the very thought of firing him is outlandish. Futhermore, calling someone a moron simply for disagreeing with your OPINION is the height or arrogance and ignorance. I'm glad you are happy with six straight years of failure. Some of us are not. Some of us see the coaches getting sloppy and the players getting soft and don't like it. If the Pats are healthy next year and still have another playoff implosion, or miss the playoffs, you have to seriously consider moving on and getting some fresh blood in there. Wether some of you want to admit it or not, the Pats have become chokers. And listening the excuses around here is starting to remind me of the Bruins sheep.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and become a jets fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]mthurl, are you insinuating that Chung and Sanders weren't consistent? Sanders was consistently mediocre, but Chung was almost a Pro Bowler. With health, he's almost a lock to be there next year. Sanders was just a good leader and an overacheiving player with less than exemplary athleticism. Watching Jermaine Gresham stand there and catch a ball at his head when Sanders looked like the little kid trying to fight the bully on the playground by humping his leg was insulting....but that's just Sanders. It's not like he's a bad player. He just doesn't make the flashy play.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm pretty much saying they lack a consistant physical presence back there that can be considered an impact player. I like Chung, maybe he will be that guy, he's still very new to all of this. Chung was a tackling machine towards the beggining/middle of the season, then he got exposed a few times in coverage and then I didn't see him making those game saving tackles. Inconsistent...to be expected. Thank god for McCourtey! They spend money on that position (Bodden), draft picks; Wheatly, Whilite, Merriweather, Chung, McCourty...all these guys were fairly high picks- 1st/2nd round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron. : Do yourself a favor and become a jets fan.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I apologize for being able to look at my team and coach objectively. I didn't mean to upset anyone's delicate sensibilities wih my ability to employ rational critical thought.

On a side note, guess how many Superbowls will the Jets have in the last six years? After the Steelers or Packers send them back home where they belong? Same number as the Patriots. ZERO.

But you keep sipping the kool-aid. Seriously, the city is burning to the ground around some of you people and you are too focused on the past to notice.

Didn't we see enough of this with Pete Carroll to be able to recognize it? All kinds of talent but no heart. ThePats have turned into the Colts/Chargers and no one seems concerned.

Whatever makes you happy, I guess

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

Yes, I think it would be foolish to get rid of BB.

However, the folks you call morons (those who you think BB should go) should be grouped with the same folks who think BB is god and can do no wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

In Response to Anyone who want's Belichick to retire or to leave the Pats is a moron.:
    [QUOTE]The title said it all, if you think BB is done, washed up, over the hill, then your a moron. He is the best coach in football. If you want the Rex Ryans of the world go cheer for the Jets. And just to put this into perspective, i have more reasons to be mad at BB then most. I was at that game, I was at all the games, I could make an argument that I wasted all that time and money for nothing. I grew a super bowl beard all season long from training camp till I got home from the game Sunday night it was huge and it was for nothing. So even with all the reasons to say "ahhhh! get rid of him" I still say that is stupid as sh*t and any fan in any city would love to have him as their coach so smarten up people BB is not going anywhere nor should he. I cant even believe people would want that i mean its just insanely stupid.
                  I have a few things with your post!
      Firts you say you went too all the home games and one playoff game ,but didnt you say in a thread before you share your tickets with a season ticket holder?I think you did! so you went too 5 games tops  including a playoff game!!
        Second just cause you went too  a few games doesnt make you  a bigger fan then anyone who didnt go too  any games!!
        Third  regarding your beard if you think it helped  the pats win  thats even funnier then anything i every heard!!
        So with that said you have no right saying that you have a right about being mad more then the rest of us,you dont got too buy the tickets from the season ticket holder you get them from.You buy them cause your a fan win or lose ,not just cause there going too win all the time!

Sections
Shortcuts