Anyone worried about the running game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patschamps3638. Show patschamps3638's posts

Anyone worried about the running game?

Maroney really hasn't made people happy here and the rest of the crew is way too old. I don't think Taylor, Morris and Faulk can hold up for the the whole season. The Pats will be lucky if they can three good games a piece without the veterans getting injured. The opposing defense is going the blitz the crap out of Brady if they don't respect the run. Any good backs available?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Anyone worried about the running game?

Making people happy here isn't what it is about.  He can't frickin RUN.  He puts his hand on the lineman, dances, and then shifts into a tackle.  When we had Dillon with him, he ran like Dillon did, getting to the hole and hitting it hard, or moving out if no hole without alot of messing around.  Now he's worthless.  Maybe he gets his head on straight.  I think we will use and old guy till he breaks, then the other.  Doesn't matter, we have tight ends now, and Kevin Faulk will get the job done when blitz pickup is needed.  I don't like the running game a bunch, but you never know when it will come on suddenly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Mankins is still out and not close to coming in his replacement Kaczur has missed several practices because of injury so the line to me is not coming together and there's this from pfwonline;
    –Brady also got very hot at his offensive line during a stagnating two-minute drill. He yelled at them. Then, after the drill ended for the group, Brady walked off to the offensive sideline while the entirety of the line went in the other direction to the defensive sideline. Don’t want to read too much into it, but Brady was on edge and his linemen appeared to be in the crosshairs of his glare for a while. At one point it seemed like both Randy Moss and Welker went over to talk with the linemen and seemingly maybe clear the air on the offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think Maroney has been more then adequate for this team. He gets us over 4 yrds a carry and is effective with his limited opportunity. If Morris and Taylor stay healthy and our offense is less predictable given the added personnel then the run game should be a fine compliment to Tom Brady and co.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Anyone worried about the running game?:
    [QUOTE]Maroney really hasn't made people happy here and the rest of the crew is way too old. I don't think Taylor, Morris and Faulk can hold up for the the whole season. The Pats will be lucky if they can three good games a piece without the veterans getting injured. The opposing defense is going the blitz the crap out of Brady if they don't respect the run. Any good backs available?
    Posted by patschamps3638[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Always been impressed with the multi-faceted Faulk. Great upside of a wily and determined all purpose back with good instincts. Brady's safety valve. A keeper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Reiss reported Edelman participating in running back drills past few days.  Interesting!  Edelman said he loves it and feels very comfortable doing it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

IF the running back corp can stay healthy all year and into the playoffs
    AND BB uses the TEs to help block for the RBs
    AND BB/Patriots keep opponents guessing at the line of scrimmage
    then...the RBs will be fine Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not worried at all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd  have a great season!  They need a healthy offensive line and a running back that can block is even more important than one who can run . . . remember it was because Faulk was out (suspended) that Brady got hurt in '08!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone worried about the running game?:
    [QUOTE]If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd  have a great season!  They need a healthy offensive line and a running back that can block is even more important than one who can run . . . remember it was because Faulk was out (suspended) that Brady got hurt in '08!!!!
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]

so, we don't need a running game?  Doesn't that make the Patriots one dimensional and predictable? Just curious....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

......Im not worried but I bet TOM BRADY just might be. Everyone is saying the New  T.E.'s will pick up the Blitz and block for Brady, All they need is a blocking running back, yeah just like last year and totally predictable.  He is what Patriots have to look forward to......Offensive line that is in problem with contract issues, 2 Rookie Tight Ends, 2 Old beat up runningbacks and 1 that is a dancer that cant perform when needed. I do love the Maroney supporters on here saying he is adequate, good laugh on that one. It just may be the defense could start to perform well even with all the rookies and thats a good thing remaining to be seen, but the offense is going to be the very same once again, Brady on his back, forced to throw, and no running backs worth squat! Hey the Celtics got Shaq, maybe he can sub for the Patriots on the O-Line!!!!  Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

worried? no...concerned, yes...but not because of maroney...more because of the OL. after that, i am more concerned about the other rbs than with maroney.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like the mix of RBs they have.  Little worried about age and durability, but I think they'll get what they need from the ground game.  They need to pound the ball when they have a lead and when they're on the goal line, two things that have been a weak spots at times.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Not much sense worrying about what we can't do anything about. We're going to score points one way or the other. We didn't do anything to address the running game in the offseason so it's safe to say it will be about the same as last year. If Taylor can stay healthy that will be a plus but that's doubtful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Pats have a running game? lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]......Im not worried but I bet TOM BRADY just might be. Everyone is saying the New  T.E.'s will pick up the Blitz and block for Brady, All they need is a blocking running back, yeah just like last year and totally predictable.  He is what Patriots have to look forward to......Offensive line that is in problem with contract issues, 2 Rookie Tight Ends, 2 Old beat up runningbacks and 1 that is a dancer that cant perform when needed. I do love the Maroney supporters on here saying he is adequate, good laugh on that one. It just may be the defense could start to perform well even with all the rookies and thats a good thing remaining to be seen, but the offense is going to be the very same once again, Brady on his back, forced to throw, and no running backs worth squat! Hey the Celtics got Shaq, maybe he can sub for the Patriots on the O-Line!!!! 
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

Actually I said Maroney is more then adequate. Get it right Troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Tight Ends will open up the running game WITHOUT blocking as they provide a dump off we have been sorely missing to counter the blitz.  The line was not playing great last year, but alot of the resons was we had few receivers anyone needed to cover.  Hernandez and Gronk add another element to cover, and blocking too boot, so teams will have to be careful about sending too many.  NOT what happened last year.  The addition of a real number 2 (meaning NON slot) receiver means they will have to seriously commit to coverage, which in my estimation was an issue we had last year.  Revis Island is just that, and Island.  Throw to the other guy, and suddenly it doesn't MATTER how good he covers.  Throw to the tight end down the seam (anyone remember Christian Fauria?) and you really make the coverage start playing with doubt.  THAT is when the running game gets good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

The running game & the O-line concern me most but im not overly concerned about either.  You're your own worst critic so of course we have cause for concern with the durability of "the old 3" and the inconsistencies of Maroney.  But there are far worst sables in this league.

Even if Maroney has a great year i dont believe the system allows him 2 get much more than 1200 yds.  We have a lethal passing attack.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Supposedly, it hasn't looked good in camp thus far.  I don't know if I should be sad about our running ability or excited about our D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Where did it say the O Line isn't looking good in camp? I read where Koppen looks healthier, Vollmer is locked down on the right and nothing has been negative about Neal or Light. Sounds like Spikes ran over Ornberger, but other than LG, it sounds like everything is pretty normal.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

If the question was for me, I was talking about the running game, not the O-Line.  I know the two go hand in hand though.  In particular, they have had no success in goal line situations running the ball.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Anyone worried about the running game?:
    [QUOTE]Maroney really hasn't made people happy here and the rest of the crew is way too old. I don't think Taylor, Morris and Faulk can hold up for the the whole season. The Pats will be lucky if they can three good games a piece without the veterans getting injured. The opposing defense is going the blitz the crap out of Brady if they don't respect the run. Any good backs available?
    Posted by patschamps3638[/QUOTE]

No, not worried.....Thanks though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone worried about the running game? : Actually I said Maroney is more then adequate. Get it right Troll.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Now why would you call someone a name for giving you an opinion to your opinion? Thats very unfair of you and lacks an open mind into which thought, comprehension and understanding form a mucleus( in your mind phlem). I beg of my brother, reach out, form a bond and together we win with understanding and just cause, just cause I tell you so muh man! True Chump, I mean Champ, You can finger it out cant you? Muh Brotha?

Sections
Shortcuts