AOL Fanhouse Mock Draft: Ayers at 17; Ingram at 32

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: AOL Fanhouse Mock Draft: Ayers at 17; Ingram at 32

I really do not see Belichick using both picks where they are, and there's no way he's taking a running back with a #1.

Not gonna happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I would be shocked to see Ingram fall all the way to 32nd!  I just don't see it happening!  If he did, I would be fine with the Patriots drafting him at 32nd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

If Miami lets both Ricky Williams and Brown go then I do not see how in the world Ingram would last past the Miami pick.  Although the QB situation there is a mess I dont think there is a QB worth taking over Ingram at that spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

While trading back is certainly a possibility, my current projection assuming they keep both picks is:

#17- Cameron Jordan- 6-4 287 DL- Cal

#32- Brandon Harris- 5-10 193 CB- Miami

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Ayers would be lovely, although I think he's top-10 b/c of his position.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats move up to get him if he's worth it.  He's big and he has pass rush moves, which sets him apart from speed merchants who will get run over in the NFL

Justin Houston is a name on the rise.  He also is north of 250 (a must for OLBs in the Pat's 3-4 to set the edge and justify a top pick by being an every-down player).

Every other top OLB is undersized.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

For DE's, in no particular order:
    J.J. Watt, Wisconsin
    maybe a bulked up Robert Quinn, North Carolina
    Allen Bailey, UMiami
    Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
    Christian Ballard
    Muhammed Wilkinson
    Jared Crick, Nebraska
    Nick Fairley, Auburn

These guys are all 6-5 or 6-6, which you can't teach.  DEs in two-gap need long arms to extend and control their blocker.  Big frames also help because often times the bull rush is the 3-4 DE's only option after engaging due to the limitations of the two-gap system.  This is why Richard Seymour was a good pass rusher: he could extend and still collapse the pocket even after extending and engaging.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: AOL Fanhouse Mock Draft: Ayers at 17; Ingram at 32:
    [QUOTE]While trading back is certainly a possibility, my current projection assuming they keep both picks is: #17- Cameron Jordan- 6-4 287 DL- Cal #32- Brandon Harris- 5-10 193 CB- Miami
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I doubt Harris is there even at 17. He will be long gone by 32. Cameron Jordan is far likelier to be there at 32.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

NO way Ingram lasts that long. He will be gone before the 20th pick the latest. I can see Miami scooping him up to help their bread and butter: The run Game...especially after Williams is out..Wish we could get him though..I'm telling you, He will be good in the NFL (in the right system)