Aquib Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Aquib Talib

1. I didn't notice him throughout the whole game yesterday. 

2. I think that's a very good thing.

Solid pick-up so far. Any chances of securing this guy long-term if he continues to perform or will Pats stick to never paying more than $3-4m for corners and giving up gazillions of yards to long hops. Maybe both can meet half-way? I'd love to have this guy for $7m per year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Aquib Talib

They were afraid to throw his way.  That would be a definition of shutdown CB.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He could end up being the greatest addition NE has made since Dillon. 

If he pans out, he solves the one problem BB hasn't been able to fix in half a decade. 

He did look very good out there. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Great move by BB in picking up Talib. He's been a guy who can flat out play since he came into the league. We've seen it over and over again here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm under the impression that Sanchez is just afraid to throw

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he pans out, he solves the one problem BB hasn't been able to fix in half a decade. 

[/QUOTE]

BB has two blindspots for personnel evaluation; secondary and WR.  WR hasn't hurt us that much because he can draft players who can catch the ball....as long as they don't actually play WR lol.  We should have the best secondary in the NFL with all of the players we have drafted there the past several years.  I'm crossing my fingers that Talib works out well for us.  Ditto for Dennard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great pick-up. Talib has to know that he's playing for a good deal in the future. Also like McCourty at FS. Even Gregory has been in good spots. IMO this secondary is better than last years. The Pats have Mayo making plays all over, Spikes laying guys out, the best DT in the game, an improved secondary, and a better pass rush. My guess is that come playoff time this team will be the team the AFC contenders will wanna face the least.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Talib is still a relatively young guy and could become a fixture in a defense that's good for several years to come. Pats need to find a way to sign this guy for the next few years. Waiting is not a good strategy in this case. I know there are a lot of competing situations, including Welker, Spikes, etc. But this one needs to get done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib is still a relatively young guy and could become a fixture in a defense that's good for several years to come. Pats need to find a way to sign this guy for the next few years. Waiting is not a good strategy in this case. I know there are a lot of competing situations, including Welker, Spikes, etc. But this one needs to get done.

[/QUOTE]\

i agree

ive been saying th e same since his first game.

we have spikes anoter year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Solid pick-up so far. Any chances of securing this guy long-term if he continues to perform or will Pats stick to never paying more than $3-4m for corners and giving up gazillions of yards to long hops. Maybe both can meet half-way? I'd love to have this guy for $7m per year. 

[/QUOTE]

the key for me would have been signing him while he was grateful to still be in the league to a behavior and pef based contract (3 -4 years). i woulda done it after his first game. once he thinks hes all that and can make a gazillion $ he may be gonte. now he may never feel that way (and want to stay a pat), but the more games i fear, the more likely.

and you aer right having a corner thqat is actually good is worth 10 mil in this league so anything we can sign him to below that is gravy. after last sunday i woulda offered 3-3.5-4 mil per year for 3- 4 years team option 4th and see if he bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm under the impression that Sanchez is just afraid to throw

[/QUOTE]

Lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The issue is not "fixing a problem in half a decade". If BB drafted higher for a CB like he did with McCourty and did it even higher in the draft, then he'd have a Talib type already in here.

It's very clear he's not going to pay 10+ mil for a CB in free agency and wisely so. I don't see too many teams winning SBs in this era doing that. It's too much to put into the position where really it's about the pass rush, not a CB with a 10+ mil price tag or two of em on either side of the field.

We're just lucky Dennard is supposedly in legal trouble and Talib fell out of favor with a very young TB team where Schiana is trying to get maturity in leadership into the locker room.

BB, however, cannot rebuild an entire D in 3 years and he has a cap he has to be under. 

Look no further than the Eagles. They overpaid for Samuel, he developed an attitude, they got rid of him and then they overpaid for Asamougha. Now, Andy Reid will be fired for those knee jerk moves that I specifically said will fail.   Too many mistakes in those areas add up.

It will not work.  Samuel now makes far less and plays for a guy he knows in Dimitrioff in Atlanta, so that's worked out for them at this point because Samuel's price ended up coming way down.

If you're not drafting a CB in the top 10-15 picks,  you aren't getting an elite one.  BB believes his D starts on the front 7 and I agree with that. It's clear Butler and Wheatley and now Dowling aren't Patriot material as 2nd rders, so I am just thrilled BB is looking under every rock to successfully build his teams. I don't care how it happens.

Could be a lot worse, we could be trying to justify why paying Revis and Cromartie is a good thing as Kylie Wilson struggles as a 1st rd pick.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Wasn't Bodden's contract for 35 million? Seems like a bit of money to shell out for a guy that after he signed the contract didn't play more than five minutes of quality football for us before being released. I do think you are correct - we COULD of gotten a quality coner higher in the draft - instead we traded back for bushels of second round picks that went bust.

And the "rebuilding" of this defense has gone on for a bit more than 3 years, we are into the fifth year of this thing. To me this defense looks no better than last year, or the year before or the year before. Same stuff. Same gaps a mile wide in coverage. Same lack of a pass rush. Same defensive line that consists of Wilfork and little else. What will happen when Brady carries us into the post season and our defense let's "fill in the blank decent QB" stand there comfy, while he picks us apart for scores? I guess we'll just blame Brady, right?

I wish you were right Rusty, I really do, but you're not. Come January this defense will be punched repeatedly in the face (like every year)...it will take a dropped pass or a penalty to stop drives and those things aren't always going to happen. Spikes will try hard, so will Wilfork. Chandler will play well and maybe Hightower too, but there are too many stiffs on this defense to make up for their efforts. Brady will have to play perfect against some of the best teams in the league...hard to do. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the less we see of him that means they're staying away from him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If Talib has a stellar end-of-the season performance - he's gonna want to be paid. I guess they can franchise him or Welker. Do Patriots have enough cap space for signing both in those circumstances?

If it comes to offering an big contract to one or the other - who are Patriots gonna keep?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The issue is not "fixing a problem in half a decade". If BB drafted higher for a CB like he did with McCourty and did it even higher in the draft, then he'd have a Talib type already in here.

It's very clear he's not going to pay 10+ mil for a CB in free agency and wisely so. I don't see too many teams winning SBs in this era doing that. It's too much to put into the position where really it's about the pass rush, not a CB with a 10+ mil price tag or two of em on either side of the field.

We're just lucky Dennard is supposedly in legal trouble and Talib fell out of favor with a very young TB team where Schiana is trying to get maturity in leadership into the locker room.

BB, however, cannot rebuild an entire D in 3 years and he has a cap he has to be under. 

Look no further than the Eagles. They overpaid for Samuel, he developed an attitude, they got rid of him and then they overpaid for Asamougha. Now, Andy Reid will be fired for those knee jerk moves that I specifically said will fail.   Too many mistakes in those areas add up.

It will not work.  Samuel now makes far less and plays for a guy he knows in Dimitrioff in Atlanta, so that's worked out for them at this point because Samuel's price ended up coming way down.

If you're not drafting a CB in the top 10-15 picks,  you aren't getting an elite one.  BB believes his D starts on the front 7 and I agree with that. It's clear Butler and Wheatley and now Dowling aren't Patriot material as 2nd rders, so I am just thrilled BB is looking under every rock to successfully build his teams. I don't care how it happens.

Could be a lot worse, we could be trying to justify why paying Revis and Cromartie is a good thing as Kylie Wilson struggles as a 1st rd pick.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Wasn't Bodden's contract for 35 million? Seems like a bit of money to shell out for a guy that after he signed the contract didn't play more than five minutes of quality football for us before being released. I do think you are correct - we COULD of gotten a quality coner higher in the draft - instead we traded back for bushels of second round picks that went bust.

And the "rebuilding" of this defense has gone on for a bit more than 3 years, we are into the fifth year of this thing. To me this defense looks no better than last year, or the year before or the year before. Same stuff. Same gaps a mile wide in coverage. Same lack of a pass rush. Same defensive line that consists of Wilfork and little else. What will happen when Brady carries us into the post season and our defense let's "fill in the blank decent QB" stand there comfy, while he picks us apart for scores? I guess we'll just blame Brady, right?

I wish you were right Rusty, I really do, but you're not. Come January this defense will be punched repeatedly in the face (like every year)...it will take a dropped pass or a penalty to stop drives and those things aren't always going to happen. Spikes will try hard, so will Wilfork. Chandler will play well and maybe Hightower too, but there are too many stiffs on this defense to make up for their efforts. Brady will have to play perfect against some of the best teams in the league...hard to do. 

[/QUOTE]

You're a pathetic fraud. You are still taking this Felger/Mazz tone after your favorite D in Houston that you like to hitch your bandwagon to, just allowed 37 points at home to Jax and then just got bailed aby the refs yesterday, allowing 30+ in Detroit?

You're still on the Bodden thing, too? When will you get over that? No, it wasn't 35 million.  Injuries happen. Brady blew out his leg in 2008, too. Good thing he wasn't making the 20 mil per then, right? It was 10 million guaranteed, certainly not far off from the slight miscalculation on Mankins's current contract, but certainly nothing remotely as putrid as the Jets NUMEROUS contractual disasters you seem to praise so frequently with RKarp and Babe.

Brady just needs to not morph into Mark Sanchez in January and February with brain faht moments. That's what he needs to do. No one is asking for perfection from your virtual boyfriend.

We'll win a SB with Brady handing off to Ridley and Bolden/Vereen more so than me covering my eyes watching him close in on 40+ with a lead.

You sound as delusional as Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbum and every moron Jets fan combined right now. You're just flat out a sick human being.

[/QUOTE]

You really amaze me when you mention Jet's players that I've never ever mentioned...well you don't really amaze me. Ditto for Houston. Houston is a good team, they're 10 and 1...what they're not good?

Don't go confusing Mark Sanchez and one decent tight end vs. Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Pettigrew.

I'm sorry that I'm not wetting my pants and yelling "the warnings were out people" after we could barely get our hands on Sanchez and let him stay that comfy in the pocket for him to throw the ball as good as he basically can. Nor do I feel real comfortable about watching our defensive line get pushed back on 80% of the running plays. What's going to happen when we face a team that has a QB or a real running back?

Sorry, like I said I wish it were different. I wish it wasn't Vince Wilfork playing his brains out while Kyle Love is getting tossed around like a rag doll. I wish it wasn't Spikes playing like he is totally dialed in to what is going to happen before the ball is snapped, while Mayo isn't moving until we are two seconds into the play. I wish it wasn't Dennard and Talib while our safeties are a mile apart trying to find the ball, but it is. It's Chandler Jones rushing the passer and Ninkovich getting absolutely swallowed by every no name tackle he goes against. And I don't care if he has 6 sacks - for god's sake the QB literally fell into him on 2 of them.

Sorry this is all super negative after a big win. Hey, I guess I'll just appreciate whatever happens, but part of me still thinks we are Tom Brady and little else. I still think we should of spent to the cap and given ourselves a better chance while Brady is still here. This defense still looks like one that will get punched in the mouth come playoff time by a good offense, I hope I am wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Doesn't anyone see the D backs have played better since the addition of Talib and the much better pash rush????

I have said it all year if you give any QB 3+ seconds to throw your DBs will get burnt.

The pass rush has been significantly better lately. Thus the DBs are getting burnt far less.

Just look at what TB does wit time to spare then when he doesn't. He won't be as bad as other QBs but he will be less effective.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If I remember right he was covering a receiver that caught a td pass but the ball touched the ground when he went down.  That being said, he was in good position, it was just a very good pass.  Last week he had a TD scored against him but he had excellent position and again it was just a very good thrown ball.  He couldn't have had better coverage without getting the PI call which is a key thing here.  He has tight coverage and still no PI call.  How many times have we seen Patriots DB's get called for PI penalties? Lots.  Talib is a great addition to this team, has played great in the 2 games being back from suspension, I am very happy about him being on the team and DMC being moved to safety because of him being added to the defense.  Great freaking pick up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doesn't anyone see the D backs have played better since the addition of Talib and the much better pash rush????

I have said it all year if you give any QB 3+ seconds to throw your DBs will get burnt.

The pass rush has been significantly better lately. Thus the DBs are getting burnt far less.

Just look at what TB does wit time to spare then when he doesn't. He won't be as bad as other QBs but he will be less effective.

[/QUOTE]

yes dbs perform better with a pass rush. we dont have one. and still the backfield is playing better. rush was better sunday than it was yesterday. backfield is still better.

Sections
Shortcuts