Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Aquib Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Aquib Talib

I'm almost afraid to post this because its so outrageous compared with the team's recent history, but as I said last night, my hope is that we are beginning to see the beginings of a smashmouth defense. They were hitting harder and blanketing the field better than I've seen them since 2004. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:

1. I didn't notice him throughout the whole game yesterday. 

2. I think that's a very good thing.

Solid pick-up so far. Any chances of securing this guy long-term if he continues to perform or will Pats stick to never paying more than $3-4m for corners and giving up gazillions of yards to long hops. Maybe both can meet half-way? I'd love to have this guy for $7m per year. 

Got to admit that I was highly skeptical of the Talib pick-up. But, it appears that the guy has stabilized the secondary, since his arrival.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

If you guys want to crown him then crown him but it's relatively easy playing one dimensional defense in back to back blow outs. I was very happy with the Talib pick up but even Arrington looked like a pro bowler last night. Lets wait until Schaub before getting too overconfident.

Sections
Shortcuts