Are Roman Phifer and Ted Johnson available?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Are Roman Phifer and Ted Johnson available?

What about Chris Slade?

Why does everyone always want to get older? You all are crazy. Guyton will be fine. Thomas will be fine. Woods will be fine. Let's not bring in a bunch of geriatrics just so that we can get sentimental for a bunch of guys that haven't really done squat in five seasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Are Roman Phifer and Ted Johnson available?

I agree with you. But with that said I would love to talk about the age thing. You are wrong about age, age means jack sh*t to the Pats. Roman Phiffer was like 35 when we signed him and he played 97% of teh snaps when he was with this team and we won 3 super bowls with him. Were you crying about the age of the D then too? If we sign a 37 year old LB why so quick to throw him under the bus? some guys can flat out play. We havge always taken chances with older players and it works so why stop now? cause you want a young team? BS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

thanks for sharing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm all for getting young.  I'm all for letting our young guys have a chance.  I'm all for bringing Bruschi or Seau out of retirement if our young guys blow that chance, or if BB doesn't think they are ready for the chance.  If we are going to bring in an old guy, at least bring one in who has been a leader, has played with us and knows our system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hey im for ted,and roman comeing here,they would be better then whats in place outside thomas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Can you say Seau lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots74. Show Patriots74's posts

Yeah I agree this lets bring older players is really dumb is it also why the Pats are not developing players very well anymore to replace the ones who have gotten older.

The Patriots draft players, then leave them on them bench or the practice squad. A lot of good that will do them if your plan is to actually use them.

Age doesn't mean anything to Pats. Guess you don't actually watch them play much because its the old slow players that have cost them them quite a bit in the second half of decade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

I think they have some talent and will get a little better, but I don't think this is a great defense. The defense is not nearly as talented as the teams from 1998-2007. 

Think about who anchored their defense in the glory years - McGinnest & Seymour - both top 10 picks.  + Warren, Ty Law,Ted Johnson, Lawyer Milloy, Bruschi, etc First and 2nd round picks all of them.  The Pats haven't had a high pick in a decade and the talent levels shows.  I think that is why BB traded Seymour for a potential high first round pick.  They need to find that difference maker on defense.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Are Roman Phifer and Ted Johnson available?:
    I agree with you. But with that said I would love to talk about the age thing. You are wrong about age, age means jack sh*t to the Pats. Roman Phiffer was like 35 when we signed him and he played 97% of teh snaps when he was with this team and we won 3 super bowls with him. Were you crying about the age of the D then too? If we sign a 37 year old LB why so quick to throw him under the bus? some guys can flat out play. We havge always taken chances with older players and it works so why stop now? cause you want a young team? BS
    Posted by MVPkilla

Phifer was 33 when we brought him here. And age means jacksh*t to the Patriots? Really? Well maybe age means nothing to them, but being slow sure does and that is something that generally happens with age. 

Anyway, what are you smoking? When was the last time this defense was good. Really good? How many plays did Harrison make before he got hurt last year? How about Bruschi and Seau? Vrabel? McGinest? Law?

Better yet, name one game in 2007 when the defense really stepped up and got a turnover at just the right time? Maybe the Colts game when Harrison got an interception. But when else? 

How about this - name the last big play any of those guys made. Now name the last big play Brandon Merriweather has made? Monday night. The Seattle game last year. The interception against Favre in game 2 of 2008.

So you take all these guys who have made so many game changing plays in the last 3 years and we bring them back in so that what? Everyone can reminisce about 2004 while our defense makes no long term progress and can't catch up with anyone?

It is better to suffer a little bit in the early going, let the young guys develop, and by the end of the year we may actually have a very good defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Im looking for Steve Nelson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agreed with you man that we need to stay young but my point was age does not mean as much to Bill Belichick as it does to the fans and other teams. He will play an older player and in the past it has worked out more then it has not worked out. I want to stay young but bringing in an older guy here and there is not a bad thing.

Sections
Shortcuts