Are the Bills that good, or are the Pats nothing special?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Are the Bills that good, or are the Pats nothing special?

Was yesterday an abbreviation?

Thoughts

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Are the Bills that good, or are the Pats nothing special?

No, but it may have been an aberration.  Think the Brady INTs changed the game, and he won't do that again.  Combined with mediocre play from the defense, you can't give anyone a short field and a pick 6 and hope to win.  The Bills have a good offense, but the Pats had some miscues.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, it WAS an abbreviation.  Our offense abbreviated 60 minutes to about 30, and the defense apparently thought that was too much and abbreviated their 60 minutes to about 15.  The Bills are pretty good.  The Patriots are pretty gooder.  We can only lose to a team that is not as good as us if we GIVE them the victory.  See the Jests game last postseason.  Decent team, but we gift wrapped it for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think its both. The Bills are that good obviously and we def. aint that special

I hate to say it, but I think its time to really consider the prospect of the Bills being able to win the division. I am not basing it just on our game, but on the fact that out of all 4 AFC east teams they have the most commitment and success to the run game.

They lead the lead in rushing and they have a passing game that isnt too shabby either.  They still have players like C.Kelsay and Merriman who are better pass rushers than anyone we have and the Jets cant run for shyt right now...so if the Bills new look defense keeps improving w/new guys like N.Barnett and D.Florence it is def. possible and laugh if you want, but I wish we had an established run game and playcalling like they do w/our personell we would be fine....but great players make you do dum b things sometimes.... Brady being Great and Bill, well you know what I mean...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The Bills are NOT that good....no way...we just couldn't stop anyone and the Bills did NOTHING they weren't expected to do, especially those screens that KILLED us.....those simple passes down the sidelines that neither of our corners seem able to defend...just a nightmare. My main concern is that we haven't gotten a crucial stop in the first three games....this is a bad omen for this year....unless they can get a few stops, it doesn't matter how many we score, eventually it spells disaster.....it will  be the last few years all over again...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Bills that good, or are the Pats nothing special?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Bills that good, or are the Pats nothing special? : Umm, there was a year under Dick Jauron that the Bills started 4-0 and finished 7-9.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Personally, a lot of things have gone right for the Bills to get off to such a hot start.  Playing KC in the first game when KC stunk the joint up.  The Oakland game, look at the, just about, improbable plays that had to happen for the Bills to win.  Lastly, in the Pats game, 4 INTs by Brady... they are in the history books, but, no INTs, or even only 2, and the score could have been 56  - 20 or something like that.  It took gobs of Patriot mistakes, an unusual amount of penalty calls for big yards against the Pats, for the Bills to pull out a victory, while playing at home, with a FG in the dying seconds of the game.  If the Bills were REALLY that good, the Pats would have never taken the 21 - 0 lead then gone soft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I have to laugh at how the media is annointing the Bills as Super Bowl champs after this week. 

Let's face it, the Bills are still the Bills, they are not good.  And also, the Pats are nothing special.  We have a top offense, and one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  We can't win anything with this roster, it's crap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

ARE YOU new at this???   you can´t say ARE ?????

after three games nobody is nothing !!!

the bills played good football, and we played like nothing special... YES !!!

but we are not a bad team... on even on defense... 

wait and see... the nfl is crazy this year !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

neither.

Brady had a terrible game, that is all.

Defense was shaky but 4 INT's killed us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Things tend to average out.  The Pats were extremely good in the other two games.  Today I have the Pats ranked second in the NFL, not far behind leader Green Bay. 

The Bills seem to be as good as the Jets.  They beat Kansas City without even blinking.  Both the Bills and the Jets played Oakland, so we have not too bad a measuring stick.  They're pretty good and might contend for a wild card, but they're nowhere near greatness.

I note that this last Bills game looked rather corrupted by consistent referee calls in the Bills' direction.  I'm not sure if that tendency will be replicated in the future. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

TheBills offense is pretty good, their defense is not good.

Patriots lost the game due to 4 INTs. Did you watch the game, and see what everone else saw?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Patriots lost the game due to 4 INTs"

Yep, and because the D couldn't stop anybody in the second half and allowed sustained drives of 80 plus yards which helped contribute to our "most yards allowed in the league this year" status.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Pats are better than they looked and Bills are worse. Bills don't make playoffs this year, Pats do, but the rest we'll have to see about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTEworse. Bills don't make playoffs this year, Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I think they have a good chance. I see them beating the jests, dolpnins twice this year. beating every team in the AFC west except SD, and splitting the NFC east and beating the bungles and titans

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[QUOTE]" Patriots lost the game due to 4 INTs" Yep, and because the D couldn't stop anybody in the second half and allowed sustained drives of 80 plus yards which helped contribute to our "most yards allowed in the league this year" status. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Pats are better than they looked and Bills are worse. Bills don't make playoffs this year, Pats do, but the rest we'll have to see about.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Since 1990, 75.9 percent of teams that started 3-0 made the playoffs. Just putting that out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The Bills are that good and the Pats D needs a lot of work or a complete change in philosophy!

Anybody that says the 4 picks by Brady lost the game wasn't watching the game. Would you be saying, the three punts by Zoltan lost the game? No, you'ld be saying the defense should have stopped them. The Bills got the ball at their own 20 yd. line on two of the ints. and the D couldn't get a single stop all second half.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope the Bills make the wildcard, it would do that area a lot of good. We scored too quick in the second half. The Bills D was never on the field. We should have ran some and play actioned but kept the clock running.

As it is said. The bills made plays when they needed to make plays and we didn't.