Are the cardinals back in the playoffs this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Are the cardinals back in the playoffs this year?

Not a Pats questions, just felt like talking football.  I think the offseason this team had is up there with the best of them.  I think there draft looks incredibly promising with Peterson, Williams and Acho.  Kolb and Heap look like two solid pick ups for a passing game that was horrific last year.  Obviously a lot depends on what kind of player Kolb turns out to be but lets not forget what it took for Seattle to win that division last year either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Are the cardinals back in the playoffs this year?

could be interesting. not sure if they can overcome the seahawks, rams, and 49ers. I think the seahawks are going to surprise a few teams with the signings of zach miller, and sydney rice.  too bad they lost lofa though. carroll is a nice change at coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Yeah. The St. Louis Cardinals.

I know. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Basically you don't need that many wins to win that division and whoever wins it makes the playoffs. My money is on the Rams but maybe the Cardinals. Tavaris Jackson is not the answer at QB for Seattle and I'm not a fan of Carroll so I think they're going backwards even though they signed Rice and Miller. San Fran? who knows. With no offseason for Harbaugh to coach his players, I don't think they'll be good until next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

They have some pieces in place , but i think Kolb will be running for his life most of the time. That O-line will really need to step it up if their going to make a run at the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, uh no. I see the Rams winning that division at 9-7. There'll be no WC from that division either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yea, I picked the NFC West Division to be a suprisingly good division, or at least 1 with steadily improving teams during Last Offseason...idk know though now, I'm off the NFC West now.  Maybe I was just a year too early, but I'm still thinkin' "ehh?".  Don't get me wrong, in terms of the manner & method The Rams have gone about trying to rebuild their team, St Louis DEFINATELY deserves some serious credit...past 2 years or so, their FO's method just appears VERY professional.  It just feels like The Rams heads have a plan, a vision, and they're sticking to it.  

In terms of what Division I think is gonna be hot...?  Man, I'm torn...  NFC North is the easier choice imho.  Bears Draft was hot, and they actually even WON the division I believe over Green Bay, last year (didn't they?).  Green Bay=Geez, THAT'S a tough call, being the SB Champs and all.  Even though The Pack has probably been the most quiet team in ALL of The NFL, during this '11 free agency period, lmao-They didn't actually really NEED anyone, ya know?  And they had a pretty awesome draft class:  Derek Sherrod OT, Randall Cobb WR/KR, Alex Green RB, Davon House CB, DJ Williams TE, Caleb Schlauderhauff OG, DJ Smith OLB, Ricky Elmore DE/OLB, Ryan Taylor TE, Lawrence Guy DE/DT...  Hedging their bets...Maybe unspectacular, but really safe picks and methodology in terms of added support role guys, for them.  It's Detroit & Minnesotta, obviously the 2 big Q's...  Detroit's Defense just might be pretty nice by now, and IF Matt Stafford doesn't get killed in the pocket, they got nowhere to go (as usual) but up.  And Minnesotta... I didn't love their draft (but didn't trully hate it)...but in terms of Offseason FA Signings?  SHEEZ!  Vikings signings and resignings:  Chad Greenway OLB, Ray Edwards DE, Sidney Rice WR, Ryan Longwell K, Ben Leber OLB, Pat Williams NT, Bryant McKinnie OT, Husain Abdullah S, Tavaris Jackson QB, Madieu Williams S, Erin Henderson, Jaymar Johnson, Ryan Cook, Fred Evans, etc., etc..  

Either way...might be safer to go there (NFC North)...<mainly through GB, Chicago's 1st place division over even GB, and Vikings maybe gettin' over that last hurdle)...

But I'm going with NFC South.  At 1st it might look to be even the easier choice over The North, w/ Atlanta & New Orleans...  But there's the ever present Panthers & Bucs to deal with, w/ this division.  Atlanta went a totally unheralded 13-3 in '10; They had a decent draft, and at first their own FA's they themselves had to deal with, looked bad for them, But they weren't hit nearly as bad w/ FA losses as I thought they'd be.  NO's had that SB hangover year last season, but w/ their '11 Draft Class (imo, the best- Or Top 3), they'll be a force.  TB was a "no-respect" 10-6 in 2010, and they resigned all their long FAs list, and had a good draft.  Defense-wise, they'll be nice.  It's Carolina, Lol-  Look, they signed enough free agents and had a good enough of a draft, to get themselves imo, a FULL 5 more wins, AT LEAST!!!  ...and that'll give them the, a 7-9 Record...rather than a 2-14 one like 2010.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Best Division in Football Laz ? 
     It's clearly the NFC South (theres not even a close 2nd )
     Falcons / Saints / Bucs ...
     They could send 3 teams to the playoffs .

They'll probably split the games between themselves and sweep the Panthers leaving them all bunched at 4-2 in their own division . If they then all produce at least a winning record against the rest of their opponents (likely) then the 3rd place NFC South team will be at least 10-6.

My Guess:
    Falcons - 12 -4
    Saints   - 11 -5
    Bucs     - 10-6

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In Response to Re: Are the cardinals back in the playoffs this year?:
    Best Division in Football Laz ?   It's clearly the NFC South (theres not even a close 2nd )  Falcons / Saints / Bucs ...  They could send 3 teams to the playoffs .  They'll probably split the games between themselves and sweep the Panthers leaving them all bunched at 4-2 in their own division . If they then all produce at least a winning record against the rest of their opponents (likely) then the 3rd place NFC South team will be at least 10-6. My Guess: Falcons - 12 -4 Saints   - 11 -5 Bucs     - 10-6
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

Panthers have made some really good moves this offseason too at TE, and Newton has a lot of potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think the NFC west is going to come down to St. Louis vs Arizona. See Seattle finishing 3rd and San Fran in last.

Sections
Shortcuts