Are The Coaches Learning From Their Mistakes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

We're still 3-3 with 10 games left. Lots of football to be had. Plenty of time to make the playoffs. Tons of potential on this team offensively and defensively. What will make or break this team going forward is the coaching from the top to the bottom.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Are The Coaches Learning From Their Mistakes?

In response to Bunker Spreckels's comment:

We're about to find out, but I still can't believe we're seeing a 40+ pass Brady on the road like this just because they don't want to commit to a run game.

The sluggish, spotty shotgun spread experiment has to stop.

Well, yes and no.  I can't figure out if we didn't run on seattle because it wasn't there or if it was because we didn't try.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

Well, yes and no.  I can't figure out if we didn't run on seattle because it wasn't there or if it was because we didn't try.

Seattle has a good rushing D.  Here is something food for thought.  A quote from Brady after the game:

"This is a team that really forces you to throw the ball, based on the schemes they play."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?&articleid=1061167782&format=&page=1&listingType=pats#articleFull

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We're still 3-3 with 10 games left. Lots of football to be had. Plenty of time to make the playoffs. Tons of potential on this team offensively and defensively. What will make or break this team going forward is the coaching from the top to the bottom.

I guess not. They're not learning from their successes either. How else can you explain abandoning a run/pass combination that got us our only red zone TD for mostly pass play calling that resulted in only 2 FGs in the next 4 red zone visits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

No they are not learning from their mistakes. Look at last years Super Bowl , or how much has the defensive philosophy changed. This is what the Patriots are with this coach. They're still a good team but will still blow leads when the offense suddenly shuts down and the defense folds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

yes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to kjfitone's comment:

No they are not learning from their mistakes. Look at last years Super Bowl , or how much has the defensive philosophy changed. This is what the Patriots are with this coach. They're still a good team but will still blow leads when the offense suddenly shuts down and the defense folds.

Suddenly? Yesterday could be better described as consistantly. It was as if they performed fine then when they got in the red zone they decided to screw up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Suddenly? Yesterday could be better described as consistantly. It was as if they performed fine then when they got in the red zone they decided to screw up.

Yes, that's what I mean, they look great and then all of a sudden they can't get out of their own way and Brady forgets how to throw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Seattle has a good rushing D.  Here is something food for thought.  A quote from Brady after the game:

"This is a team that really forces you to throw the ball, based on the schemes they play."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?&articleid=1061167782&format=&page=1&listingType=pats#articleFull

In ideal conditions I would agree that running on them wasn't the best situation but when it's raining, windy, and cold then it neutralizes any advantage passing over running has in that game. As you can see by the affect it had on Brady's accuracy. Even if they were ideal conditions 58 passes? I mean really, that was a career high for Brady

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

You only need 1 more point than your Opponent to win a game. Stop getting greedy, and forcing balls in for TD's. I hope the Coaches learned that yesterday.

LMAO - That's exactly thought about McD and the Patriots possession at the end of the 3rdQ/beginning of the 4th quarter when Brady threw the INT at Seattle's 10 yard line. DOH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

No, I think ten wins for this team will be tough, secondary is just too bad and Brady can't do it on his own anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

I don't agree with that assessement. It's wrong.

I'll value the opinion of arguably the best quarterback ever over that of any fan.

I expect that the offense was doing everything in their power to win the other day, regardless of what schemes/plays or mentality you think they should have played with.

The simple fact of the matter is that the team as a whole didn't make enough plays to win when the game was on the line.

I'd argue that if anyone is overreacted/overanalyzing, it's you. The issue isn't nearly as complex or specific as you seem to think it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

I don't agree with that assessement. It's wrong.  This is exactly the problem: taking away/forgetting football fundamentals and obsessing over subsitutions and personnel to attack the "schemes" that they play.

That's the problem! It's over-management. It's completely over-thinking that element. You do that when your own offense isn't running well or your desperate, you don't do it as a gameplan every week!  Jesus.  What on earth is going on here?

Defenses can adapt to that very easily.  We've seen good and great Ds do it constantly because their gameplan is only centered around defdening the pass. They don't have to think or adjust on their end because they know we want to throw almost exlusively. 

I'll bet anyone right here and now that if we see Brady go 40+ vs Houston or SF at home, we'll lose.

I've offered this before just to take a friendly bet and I know why the Ballwashers won't take the bet.  It's very telling, because deep down they know the truth.

They don't have a good or even mediocre D , it's flat out atrocious,
     so any improvement will be minimal.

The assement is correct and you are not, as usual.

If Brady throw 40 times it's because he has to, not because he wants to.  He doesn't trust his D to hold a double diget lead and neither does BB.

Any blind man can see that. Take that back.  Maybe not a sick, twisted, blind man  or woman with an agenda.  The rest of them ...No problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

They don't have a good or even mediocre D , it's flat out atrocious,
     so any improvement will be minimal.

The assement is correct and you are not, as usual.

If Brady throw 40 times it's because he has to, not because he wants to.  He doesn't trust his D to hold a double diget lead and neither does BB.

Any blind man can see that. Take that back.  Maybe not a sick, twisted, blind man  or woman with an agenda.  The rest of them ...No problem.

dayum, and I thought I was brutal...lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

No! At the end of the first half against the Ravens they completed a TD pass with 1 second on the clock. If it had been incomplete the clock would have run out without any points. The suceeded with bad strategy then and so they somehow convinced themselves it was good strategy. If anything they learned a bad habit. They continue to run out of the I formation for no yardagwe on 3rd and short and they seem to be surprised that it almost never works for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels's comment:

We're about to find out, but I still can't believe we're seeing a 40+ pass Brady on the road like this just because they don't want to commit to a run game.

The sluggish, spotty shotgun spread experiment has to stop.

you can only say it was not there in retrospect. you can't abandon it and say it was not there. how would you know if you did not keep trying?

the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the 50+ passes did not score enough points. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

no, replicated against zona, balt, and seattle all were wins

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

No! At the end of the first half against the Ravens they completed a TD pass with 1 second on the clock. If it had been incomplete the clock would have run out without any points. The suceeded with bad strategy then and so they somehow convinced themselves it was good strategy. If anything they learned a bad habit. They continue to run out of the I formation for no yardagwe on 3rd and short and they seem to be surprised that it almost never works for them.

very very bad coaching. great offense. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

offense shuts down because of the driver

and yes agreed

Sections
Shortcuts