Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?

I think these are the best commercials going and are pure genious all around.  Personally, I haven't laughed at a single Super Bowl commercial in years... I say Coors steps up and completely floods all commercial slots with these type commercials.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?

Very inventive, I say they are!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?

Yeah i love those commercials too.  If their beer could live up to the standards of their commercials it might worth more than something to put the campfire out with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Hey, it's Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light in that order.  They're all nothing special but at least Coors pumps out funny commercials.

I'm not even joking.  I say Coors comes up with like 30 brand new ones and floods the Super Bowl with them.  I'd actually laugh for a change at a commercial.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

They have potential to be funny but I can't stand them. I can't remember the last time I laughed at one of them. The main problem is that the guys asking the questions are frat boy meatheads, which I guess is what Coors light thinks its audience is, and they ask the dumbest things. To me it's a gag that got old after the first one or two. As much as ESPN is annoying as a network their own commercials are generally much more clever than the Coors formulaic campaign- that's because each ESPN commercial is done from scratch, without a brainless formula to follow each time. For example the recent one where the fantasy football jocks are made fun of by nerds. Or the one where the Nascar guy is removing the speedbump from the ESPN parking lot. The list goes on...the commercials are now better than Sportscenter, which mostly blows.

Ok, I do like the Coors commercials better than the Progressive insurance series though. :)  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?:
    They have potential to be funny but I can't stand them. I can't remember the last time I laughed at one of them. The main problem is that the guys asking the questions are frat boy meatheads, which I guess is what Coors light thinks its audience is, and they ask the dumbest things. To me it's a gag that got old after the first one or two. As much as ESPN is annoying as a network their own commercials are generally much more clever than the Coors formulaic campaign- that's because each ESPN commercial is done from scratch, without a brainless formula to follow each time. For example the recent one where the fantasy football jocks are made fun of by nerds. Or the one where the Nascar guy is removing the speedbump from the ESPN parking lot. The list goes on...the commercials are now better than Sportscenter, which mostly blows. Ok, I do like the Coors commercials better than the Progressive insurance series though. :)  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Maybe it's jsut one of those humors that varies person-by-person but look at how awful Bud Light commercials are.  AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.  Like the one where those 3 aliens come down and get the guys to come back with them?  Like how stupid is that.  People in their advertising department should be fired.

But this goes beyond beer.  Honestly, how awful have Super Bowl commercials been in the last 5 years?  Really really bad.  Like it's been mind boggling that a group of people for these comanies all agree that they are A.  Funny and B.  Worth dropping a boat load of money on a commercial spot.

Coors Light hit the gold with these commercials IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

to be honest they used to be funny like the first few, but now they are starting to get a little bit on the annoying side. it seems like they are trying to hard now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Sorry to be contrarian ...
     but I find them bland & stale
    ( just like their beer )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Like most formulaic advertising . . .  like those wonderful Progressive Insurance ads featuring Flo . . .   this is a good idea that has run its course. These ads were quite funny for quite a while, but now they're just putting up random coach-speak and fitting whatever retarded question marginally fits the response.

Generally, with things like this, less tends to be more. I still like the idea, but they've got to be a little more creative with it, and not saturate the market either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I hate those commercials.  Not funny and I don't like the frat boys either. 

I used to go to this place in Ft. Worth, TX. called the Flying Saucer.  Their claim to fame was they had a huge number of beers on tap.  Imports, micro-brews and regular domestic beers.  I asked the manager what their biggest seller was and he said Coors Light.  He said, "We call it college water".  'Nuff said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?:
     Sorry to be contrarian ...  but I find them bland & stale ( just like their beer )
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Ha! At least the commercials were funny when they first came out.  The beer's been awful forever. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Now this is my idea of pure brilliance . . .  (my wife got me a few bottles for Christmas):

stpeters13.JPG.jpg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I figure the reason why Belichick is so dry in his press conferences is because he's trying to avoid being featured in those Coors Light commercials.

Bud LIght has fallen by the wayside.  They used to put out the best commercials, but since they were acquired by another company, they've gone downhill...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance?:
    I think these are the best commercials going and are pure genious all around.  Personally, I haven't laughed at a single Super Bowl commercial in years... I say Coors steps up and completely floods all commercial slots with these type commercials.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Those are a few of the commercials I get a laugh out of. Unfortunately they haven't changed my beer of choice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

They have potential to be funny but I can't stand them. I can't remember the last time I laughed at one of them. The main problem is that the guys asking the questions are frat boy meatheads, which I guess is what Coors light thinks its audience is, and they ask the dumbest things. To me it's a gag that got old after the first one or two. As much as ESPN is annoying as a network their own commercials are generally much more clever than the Coors formulaic campaign- that's because each ESPN commercial is done from scratch, without a brainless formula to follow each time. For example the recent one where the fantasy football jocks are made fun of by nerds. Or the one where the Nascar guy is removing the speedbump from the ESPN parking lot. The list goes on...the commercials are now better than Sportscenter, which mostly blows. Ok, I do like the Coors commercials better than the Progressive insurance series though. :)  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

It's a beer commercial. I think you're expecting a little too much from it. The Jim Mora one was classic. They have gotten a bit old though -- let's all pray it doesn't turn into a "wuz-up" situation. Nothing good can come of that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Yeah i love those commercials too.  If their beer could live up to the standards of their commercials it might worth more than something to put the campfire out with.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

LOL, classic!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I'm sorry, these are without a shadow of a doubt, the worst commercials ever produced on the planet. They make entirely no sense whatsoever (an NFL Coach holding a press conference for beer). Besides the fact that they make no sense, they are also NOT FUNNY. I repeat, THEY ARE NOT FUNNY. The questions, the Coach's answers, NOT FUNNY. Nobody I'm watching football with actually laughs at these commercials. And that is saying a lot, especially due to the fact that we all are consuming some form of alcohol while observing these pathetic attempts at comedy.

Message to Coors Light: Please stop torturing us!
    P.S. I still do not want to drink your stupid beer and the more I see these commercials, the more I want to stay away from your product! Enough already!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The older ones are better. The new ones are falling short.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I thought the first few were witty and humorous but now they're just boring. I thought these kids did a better job than the ones they have on TV now. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTQUWEKx0o&feature=related

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I thought the first few were witty and humorous but now they're just boring. I thought these kids did a better job than the ones they have on TV now. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTQUWEKx0o&feature=related
    Posted by IrishMob7

dude, really? are they friends of yours or something?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

Like the Geico "Caveman" commercials.  Funny at first, but not so much after a few years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

To paraphrase "They are what we thought they would be"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Coors Light commercials that use coach's press conferences pure brilliance? : dude, really? are they friends of yours or something?
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

haha nah man, but one of my buddies showed me this. I guess I thought it was a lot funnier than it actually is because I saw that Mike Gundy press conference live, which was hilarious. If you need a good laugh, go ahead and look up that press conference on youtube.

Sections
Shortcuts