Are the Packers in trouble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Are the Packers in trouble?

With all the bad weather heading through Wisconsin, are the Packers in trouble?  I mean, they're not really built for cold weather seeing how they are more suited for the passing game.  It would be great to see both the packers and Saints lose this weekend and end up with the 27th overall selection in the upcoming draft.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Are the Packers in trouble?

I think the cold weather is a bit overrated.  Brady has had some great games in cold, snowy weather.  I assume Rodgers will do just fine.  I'm really looking forward to the games this weekend.  We have some good ones.

BTW, did you know that the two most dangerous ranks in the Army wear gold? Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think cold weather is all its cracked up to be cause you get injured easier. You dont know it till tomorrow when you finally get warm. Flu and colds are just as bad as an injury.  Its going to be real cold in GB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Probably not.

The Packers are not the irresistible juggernaut some in the media would have you believe, but their only honest competition is a dome team that struggles on the road and is not likely to fare well in the Lambeau ice box (for what it's worth, it's snowing outside my window right now). It may be true that New Jersey (blue) is the one team Green Bay didn't want to see in the divisional round but that's mostly because it's the team mostly likely to snap Aaron Rodgers in half, if such a thing can be done.

I expect the Jints to put up a mighty struggle, but I just don't see Eli putting up another 35 on these guys . . .   and that's what it's going to take.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terminator-x. Show terminator-x's posts

If NYG can get pressure on Rogers with only four pass rushers, it will be a close game. And I think it will be close, unless the ref crew decides to allow holding by the O-lines. Giants ruch four and can use their other seven defenders to clog passing lanes and defend the deep routes. Not unlike what happened against the Pats in 2008 SB. GB knows this, and will be preparing.

On offense, the Giants can't turn the ball over. This is the key to winning playoff games on the road. 

FWIW, Bedard at the Globe predicts GB won't make SB, so there's one member of the presss who doesn't se GB is inevitable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Are the Packers in trouble?:
    [QUOTE]With all the bad weather heading through Wisconsin, are the Packers in trouble?  I mean, they're not really built for cold weather seeing how they are more suited for the passing game.  It would be great to see both the packers and Saints lose this weekend and end up with the 27th overall selection in the upcoming draft.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

Would love to see them both lose, but I find it difficult to believe it will happen. GB is still the team that went 15-1, are the reigning SB champs and have had time to rest the starters. I have hated GB since '96 but I still respect that they are a dangerous team. I think the Saints have a better chance than NY does, as far as away teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NYG have a very bruising back and a good run game while GB's run D isn't exactly great. If a storm blows in and the GB passing game is slowed to a crawl then it's the Giants game to lose. The best thing the Giants can do is keep it on the ground and take the ball out of Rodgers hands for long stretches. In cold weather this tensions his muscles out making harder to complete accurate throws and if the weather stinks already it would be a long day in GB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I would not be surprised in the least to see the Giants topple the Pack this weekend. 27-24, Giants.

I think NO will beat SF though. They won't be as explosive as usual, but I just can't see the 9ers scoring enough. 24-14, Saints.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

GB is being viewed to some degree, just like the Pats, as being vulnerable to being beat at home.  Both have the same concern for that and that being their respective defenses.  The two teams coming into town, Broncos and Giants, are coming off big wins.  Giants, a surprisingly easy win against the Falcons and the Broncos with a surprising win against the Steelers, but, both came with some "home" cooking.  Giants are starting to sound like they are the team to beat with some interesting comments from their side.  With talk that both the Packers and the Pats may be ripe for the taking, IMHO, will simply make the Packers and Pats play that much harder with statement games. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Giants are a very good opponent and can beat anyone in this league BUT Green Bay is a 15-1 team, those don't come around too often or by accident.  They are healthier now than they have been in weeks, especially on the Oline.  Last year they won road Play-off games in Philly and Chicago so to question whether or not they are built for cold weather play-off games is a stretch. 

I think many want GB to be in trouble and the Giants have become a very popular pick, partially due to the fact that the Giants do look strong heading into this game, but that doesn't mean that GB is in trouble, it means the Giants are good. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Packers in trouble?:
    [QUOTE]The Giants are a very good opponent and can beat anyone in this league BUT Green Bay is a 15-1 team, those don't come around too often or by accident.  They are healthier now than they have been in weeks, especially on the Oline.  Last year they won road Play-off games in Philly and Chicago so to question whether or not they are built for cold weather play-off games is a stretch.  I think many want GB to be in trouble and the Giants have become a very popular pick, partially due to the fact that the Giants do look strong heading into this game, but that doesn't mean that GB is in trouble, it means the Giants are good. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Agree with the post, cowards.

I think the Jints are more than a "popular" pick though...it has to do with matchups and injuries. The Pack is still a mess on its offensive line, and Blue New Jersey has the NFL's craziest collection of stud athletes on its defensive line. If the Pack cannot run the ball, which they haven't been able to much of the year, Rodgers may be running for his life in this game.

Not saying Green Bay can't or won't win. But it's not going to be their usual track meet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In 2004 playoffs the Patriots limited Indy's offence (which scored more points than 2011 Patriots) to 3 points. The key is to limit the number of posessions by running the ball. If Giants can limit GB to 5-6 posessions, they have a good chance. The Giants secondary are so-so but 2004 Pats were able to defend the Colts passing attack despite second-string secondary (Troy Brown was at cornerback that game).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

[QUOTE] BTW, did you know that the two most dangerous ranks in the Army wear gold? 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I never heard that and doubt it's true.  If I had to guess, I would think most Army KIAs are the in the lower enlisted ranks.  As far as officers go, you may be right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think strong winds could be a problem for GB, or NE and NO. The snow make make things a bit sloppy but I think it favors passing teams, and the cold, well some teams seem to react better than others but I have no reason to think GB can't play in the cold. Remember when Tenn played in NE for a divisional game, 03 or 04 I think and they had a superstition that you had to wear the same clothes as they started the year in, so no winter wear. Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Yes, because I predicted 2 weeks ago that the Giants beat the Packers after beating Atlanta and then they lose to NO in the dome.  Althought the niners could blow that up.

The Giants are rolling. 

Please beat the Broncos.  Is that asking too much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Are the Packers in trouble?": [QUOTE]In 2004 playoffs the Patriots limited Indy's offence (which scored more points than 2011 Patriots) to 3 points. The key is to limit the number of posessions by running the ball. If Giants can limit GB to 5-6 posessions, they have a good chance. The Giants secondary are so-so but 2004 Pats were able to defend the Colts passing attack despite second-string secondary (Troy Brown was at cornerback that game). Posted by Angel-of-Light[/QUOTE] Indy actually had 14 possessions during that game. If I recall during their first drive they the punter missed the snap and kicked it through the end zone and things just went downhill from there. It was a pretty epic collapse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's not so much the cold or snow that makes it difficult to play in for a passing team (if they practice in it), it's the wind. Cold weather can make the ball hard to handle, but cold weather teams should be used to that. Strong wind gusts - added to cold temps - make the ball sail or dive. An experienced cold weather QB will try to drive the ball through the wind and not let the nose of ball get up. If you get a QB that doesn't throw a tight spiral or have the arm strength, they can have a nightmare game in the wind. The snow should help most offenses...zero pass rush and all a receiver needs to do is make one good cut and they'll be wide open. God I hope it's not going to be windy tomorrow night - with some snow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I don't think they are winning the superbowl this year. They have barely won against a number of injured and dysfunctional teams. The post season is a different monster and they are going to face at least two good teams in cold weather. Whoever comes out of the AFC should be good, but you never know... Houston could come out with two more upsets.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This topic really goes back to something I've been harping on for quite a while now, which is that the NFC is better than the AFC.  Would anyone be asking if GB is in trouble if Tim Tebow or TJ Yates was coming to town?  Probably not.

Someone said the Giants have a chance if they can limit GB to "5-6 Possessions"..... do you know how hard it is to limit a team to 3 possession per half? Almost impossible is the answer, and then to do it twice?!?!  I agree with the premise that the Giants need to out possession GB, with TO's and could end of half/game clock management but holding them to 5-6 possessions, Uhhhhh not gonna happen.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

I couldn't care less about how the Packers do unless they get to the SB and then only if they are playing the Patriots.  I do hope that the Saints lose but that is only because of the draft pick.  For me it's always about the Patriots.  I don't care if they get to the SB and have to play the NFC Pro Bowl team.  I would still expect that the Pats would be able to win.

Anything beyond the Pats vs Denver is fantasy football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Packers in trouble? : I never heard that and doubt it's true.  If I had to guess, I would think most Army KIAs are the in the lower enlisted ranks.  As far as officers go, you may be right.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean dangerous in that way.  Meant they wreak the most havoc on the Army; albeit for different reasons.  One has no experience and the other gets handed a whole other level of responsibility.