are the pats front runners for peppers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

are the pats front runners for peppers?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/18338/insider-puts-pats-in-lead-of-peppers-pack

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: are the pats front runners for peppers?

I hope not Mosse, he's overpriced, overaged, overhyped, and just plain over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

as long as he isn't tagged and it doesn't interfere with the signing of big vince i am all for bringing him in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

No Thanks... Rather draft instead of paying him that much money..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am neutral on this move... I think he could play the Hybrid McGinnest type of DE/OLB and do it well... but I would only do it if it is a reasonable deal in money or length.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd take a serious look.  It's an uncapped year, he's proven and brings a skill they don't have and desperately need.  You want to roll the bones with some rookie and Crable to generate a pass rush?  Or keep hoping Burgess figures it out?  You have a chance to bring in a certified stud and all it will cost you is some of Bob Kraft's money, why not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am not going to say Burgess won't step it up next season I don't know for sure obviously but I think he just might step it up in 2010 with a full year under his belt especially if we get someone else to take some pressure off him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

that is assuming that he would be willing to sign with the highest bidder, he said he wants to go to a contender who runs the 3-4.  As long as he isn't franchised we are a front runner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Pats are all about value. They have been burned by A. Thomas. Pepper's would need to really want to play with Belichick and accept less money in do so. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: are the pats front runners for peppers?:
    In Response to Re: are the pats front runners for peppers? : But the guy has NEVER played LB.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Good point. He's a great rusher. But I don't see him being able cover, maybe I am wrong. And at 30, I don't think he can learn that anymore. Every offense will anticipate his rush. The good QBs will simply draw him in and dunk the ball behind him. That would put a lot of strain on the safeties.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is a good point to be made.

I love the comparison to Willie, because that is exactly the type of role he would play. NE would have a much more 43 looking front, like they did in 2001. But whatever works works.

Willie McGinest couldn't play LBer very well either, but NE used his strengths.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there still talking more about it.who knows.its a wait and see.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/17/peppers-and-patriots-patter-picks-up-again/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I love all these "know it alls" who say he takes plays off, hes over hyped, are you kidding me?  You know someone has no clue what their talking about when all they can say is BS that some loser spouts on TV. Seriously, your a moron if you think that! The guys a sack master and is one of the few End's in the league who can make a play 15-20 yards downfield on the opposite side to which he plays. Hes a versatile beast who is a top 3 player at his position and automaticlly changes the game, sometimes just by being there. Hes a proven guy who has done it year in and year out, and might I add done it almost by himself. Carolina plays good team D, but has never had a decent option opposite him, teams game planned for him and pretty much only him. You always have to over pay for great players and this team is in serious need of some studs. Hes an impact player that would have made a huge difference this past year, you wanna be a great team you need great players. And enough with his age, hes 29 not 39, he has at least 3-4 more years of elite play left in him and I havent heard anything about him wanting a long term deal. And theres nobody in the draft that comes close to him, none of the projected OLB's stand out from the next. I like a couple, but Im not crazy about any of them. And if we got him its not like we still could draft one, we need help on both sides, Burgess still hasnt arrived from Oakland, hes never been a guy you can count on. Never been a guy who you can pencil in for production, whatever he brings is gravy. Peppers solves alot of problems, he can play End or Backer, kill you with power or a sweet spin/swim move. And come on, come up with your own opinon, way to many of you listen to some loser on TV/radio and repeat it word for word. Forget about the sacks, this guy has a whole highlight reel of chasing down guys downfield, so save me the "he takes plays off" BS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I hope they can get something done.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't think he is even close to being spent, and I think he answers the two biggest issues this team had on defense, which were setting an edge on early downs and rushing the passer on later downs. 

He commands a double and sometimes triple team and still gets double digit sacks every season, and like other guys with his build (strahan) he is a physical freak who should have another four elite seasons easily. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I hate too see the Pats go through another offseason with all the Peppers hype.  Hopefully, Peppers get signed and paid big bucks by some other franchise soon to end this madness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to are the pats front runners for peppers?:

They'd be the front runners if they could pay him with salt. No way the cheapo-Pats lay out money for Peppers. They'd rather bring in has-beens or bargain basement players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The funniest move that is expected is the Franchising of Seymour out in Oakland,it's why the Patriots traded him in the first place he was going to cost 12.5 million in a franchise tag,and they already had to deal with The Fork,Brady,Mankins and several other potential FA's on this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

IF the Pats can land Peppers, I think this is a must move for this defense.  We dont' have a 'shut' down corner right now but with Peppers upfront rushing the passer every down, this will ONLY make our defense better.  I like the comparising with Big WILLIE back in the day - and if we can get that back - it would be huge for the Pats. 
    Peppers is a GAME Changer and Must Be Accounted for at all times while out there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he didnt make the pro bowl for nothing.he put up pro bowl numbers.but i agree.it would come down to his asking price vs him wanting to play for a winning team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

This team is beyond needing an expensive quick fix.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Everything is predicated upon the re-signing of Wilfork if he takes a powder then all bets are off and they will go after Peppers full bore. Are they the favorites too land him? Well if they aren't the favorites they have to be in his personal top 5. He's not signing with the Lions or Bears... The Cowgirls might be in the mix as will the Chargers,Giants and Eagles so those will probably be his top 5 when you include the Patriots. I'm hoping that The Fork comes back and the Patriots sign VandenBosch from Tennessee if he's not tagged. The Patriots also have the O-line to be concerned with as Mankins and Neal are potential FA's,more so in Neal's case than Mankins, as the Patriots will tender him so it costs a 1rst and a third round draft choices. Oh well next week is combine week.

Sections
Shortcuts