Are the Pats just no good against physical teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Are the Pats just no good against physical teams

After seeing Brady's face, he seems to lose trust with his O Line when a physical team starts to touch him. Does anyone feel the same way?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams

No. I don't feel this way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

When Brady gets hit early, he loses his concentration and accuracy. Just like any other QB.

yes we have a problem with physical teams because our offensive line continues to play awful vs strong pass rushes and Brady got hit way too many times tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Gee, Stafford threw a 158 at this Pat's D. Reminds me of a garbage QB from NY who threw a 127 on them in the playoffs last year. Pitiful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams:
    Gee, Stafford threw a 158 at this Pat's D. Reminds me of a garbage QB from NY who threw a 127 on them in the playoffs last year. Pitiful.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Missing the point buddy, we're talking about Brady. Why are we resorting to Sanchez? Sanchez doesn't play for the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams : Missing the point buddy, we're talking about Brady. Why are we resorting to Sanchez? Sanchez doesn't play for the Pats.
    Posted by june2010

Making a new point. It don't matter if the O has a mediocre day. That can happen. But you're not going to win squat with a pitiful D.

Addressing the main point; Yeah, Brady gets flustered when he is getting knocked on his azz.  But the genius just gave top dollar to his LG, and drafted the greatest in the world LT, and signed his longtime turnstile Light. You would think the line was competent after all that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whodagaff. Show Whodagaff's posts

Another medium talent quarterback looks like a superbowl mvp by the Patriot D. Going 12 for 13 in the 1st half..please..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I believe Pats are going to play much tougher on D this year when all the starters are in. Oline continues to be a problem

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I actually think Stafford is going to be one of the better QBs in the league if he can avoid injury  . . . but our defense has to stand up better to good QBs.  Way too many open receivers last night.

On the main point--I think we struggle mightily against good interior pass rushers when where in our typical spread offenses.  I'd like to see more straight-up running formations--even if we're going to pass from those formations.  I don't think defenses worry about the run at all . . . which means their interior linemen can just rush upfield.  The worse that can happen is that Woodhead will slip free . . . but on most plays when the Pats are in spread, ignoring the run and attacking Brady will pay. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

While I was very unhappy at what I saw watching this game last night... One should remember that the PATS "D" brought only a shell of itself to this match.

Part of the way this "D" was supposed to work is constant pressure... that is why there are so many DL.  Who saw that from them last night?.... NOT ME!  Of course there were quite a few of the DL roster spot fillers that were left in Foxboro, were there not?

ANyone see that first penalty called on the PATS (OCHOCINCO)?.... Pass Interferrence when the DB stepped into the player running his route.... 
    Anyone notice the penalty call on Mankins later in the game? Both he and a Det player were locked up grabbing each other's face mask... clear as day.... SUH comes over and punches Mankins in the face- the flag flies..... and MANKINS is the guilty party..... LOL How did Suh get away with throwing a punch and remaining in the game?

I saw a ton of silly little things being done, and the PATs were called close, but the Lions were pretty much allowed to "Play their game".  That is NOT TO SAY that this is anyway an excuse for how they played.... it was terrible!  However, it was an interesting watch at some points in the game.

I also believe that we must realize that the PATS players were probably just a little pre-occupied with thinking about the impending storm at home and how it would effect their families.  I KNOW that those who have never experienced it will say something asinine like " They are professionals they need to do their job" or "Well there was nothing they could do for their families anyhow" or "Their families would be looked after".... Although those ALL "MAY" be true.... that does not change the effects on ones psyche when you are forced to leave your loved ones as a major catastrophe is bearing down on them.  I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE.....  

Naval vessles are effectionately called "Chickens of the Sea"...  There is no storm to small to run (out of port) from.  This is done to protect the crew and the vessel from the ravages of a major storm... but that doesn't make it any easier to stay focussed when you are away. 

Ran away from several of them in My career, and also was stationed in SF just before the huge earthquake... when we deployed that time, I had sent my family back to be with relatives in the midwest.  However from moment one of hearing about the quake we all were so worried about the people we knew as we heard that Alameda base housing was damaged... and that many buildings had fallen.  I was glad that I knew my family wasn't living through it- but I was very sad that MOST of our friends were still there.

I ran from Hurricane FLoyd... much the same as IRENE... left tons of water and even forced a dam to break in Virginia flooding the lowlands beneath it.... which just happened to be where the base housing at Ft. Eustis was located.... and again Many of My friends and their families were effected.

SO although most ofthis may sound like excuses.... did you see how many penalties.... how unclean the Pats played last night?  Was their mind elsewhere?.... Were they undermanned?.... Should we panic?????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't know though . . . that "shell" of a secondary may be all we got (Bodden excepted). I'm not worried about the D line . . . but I have some moderate concerns about the LBs and some big concerns about the secondary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

FenwayChuck -
    Glad you mentioned those flags.  Ridiculous.  A number of blatantly bad calls.  The Ocho call may have been legit, though.  Seems that a receiver can't run into a defender who has already established position.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  But it probably doesn't get called most of the time, particularly if the ball isn't thrown in that direction.
    The Mankins-Suh thing was crazy.  I think McCourtey got flagged for a PI that on replay seemed a non-penalty.  I think the guys in the broacast booth even expressed suprise on a couple calls.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

The Pats seem to play pretty good against the Steelers (physical teams).
    The call against Chad was terrible tho, that S looked like he was tackling him.  Suh should have been called for that punch, but the other flags looked legit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the ref saw Mankins pull the DT down by the face mask (which Mankins did do).  That's why Mankins got the flag.  Suh should have gotten a flag too for throwing the punch, but the ref may have missed that as he was throwing the flag on Mankins . . . 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think the coaches should have made some adjustments earlier in the 1st quarter to counter Detroits physicality. Dump some screens, more play action and run some sweeps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think BB and the staff understand that everyone is going to attempt to recreate what was successful in the past.  The team on the field last night sure couldn't do anything about it, but again, they were not responding with anything but vanilla, and not very well at that.  I think the Lions were playing lights out, and we were half stepping.  I'm dissappointed, but not really believing that will be the final product, for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Polonium. Show Polonium's posts

The Fourth and One before the field goal told the story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Are the Pats just no good against physical teams:
    After seeing Brady's face, he seems to lose trust with his O Line when a physical team starts to touch him. Does anyone feel the same way?
    Posted by june2010

I love Brady...think he's the best sports hero in this area of all time. I do notice that the look on his face on the sidelines comes off as a very pompass (I'm to good to be here) type of look lately. When his receivers huddle up and "try" to talk to him, he looks straight ahead and doesn't even acknowledge them half the time. When he was younger he couldn't hide the enthusiasm and love for his teammates from his face. I guess I don't care as long as he puts together brilliant seasons like last year, but it's got to rub some the wrong way. I remember it was his second or third year in the league and he said he went back and watched himself on the sidelines and he was appalled with himself for his demeanor....time to watch the sideline again Tom.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

Am I the only one who sees this as a PRE-SEASON game? Isn't that what PRE-SEASON is all about? OMG, the sky is falling! BB is a bad coach! Trolls are everywhere! Get over it!! Jees!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

The OL is porous! Put the beef trio of Gronk 265, Smith 269 and Yeatman 268 on the field at the same time for added protection, no backfield and Hernandez and Welker at WR. The 3 TE's are smallish OL. All I could think of after the loss last night was the dominance by the Jets D in the PO game last yr. Deja vu all over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

Dude dont forget this D is not the D any team will see in the regular season because most were not there. Now the offense is a different story but I am sure they will come back from this. Remember how we played after the powerful Browns beat the Pats last year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Are the Pats just no good against physical teams:
    Posted by june2010

TB was so frustrated and peeved last night that he told Suh to 'leave me alone'. He can't be very pleased with his OLs performance last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

When Brady gets hit early, he loses his concentration and accuracy. Just like any other QB. yes we have a problem with physical teams because our offensive line continues to play awful vs strong pass rushes and Brady got hit way too many times tonight.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Your first sentence is exactly what I've trying to convey for the last 5 years about TB. He's only human.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

FenwayChuck - Glad you mentioned those flags.  Ridiculous.  A number of blatantly bad calls.  The Ocho call may have been legit, though.  Seems that a receiver can't run into a defender who has already established position.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  But it probably doesn't get called most of the time, particularly if the ball isn't thrown in that direction. The Mankins-Suh thing was crazy.  I think McCourtey got flagged for a PI that on replay seemed a non-penalty.  I think the guys in the broacast booth even expressed suprise on a couple calls.....
    Posted by BelichickforPresident

Those calls even out over the length of the season. No conspiracy theories please.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I think the ref saw Mankins pull the DT down by the face mask (which Mankins did do).  That's why Mankins got the flag.  Suh should have gotten a flag too for throwing the punch, but the ref may have missed that as he was throwing the flag on Mankins . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I missed the punch, but I did see Suh toss Mankins like he was a middle school youngster. Dude is scary strong and I've seen drug induced freaks in competition, but no natural strength akin to Reggie White.

Sections
Shortcuts