Are the Pats just no good against physical teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams

suhs arms are thicker than my torso

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's review.

His line couldn't block Liza Minnelli last night.

BJGE looked like Maroney

85 can't catch and 84 is the Invisible man.

His Offensive Coordinator is clueless by calling downfield plays, that take time to develop, while is QB is getting eaten alive.

Yeah I would be p*ssed to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from samshile. Show samshile's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams:
    [QUOTE]Another medium talent quarterback looks like a superbowl mvp by the Patriot D. Going 12 for 13 in the 1st half..please..
    Posted by Whodagaff[/QUOTE]
    1. medium? Hey Mr dismissive, the Lions QB is the real deal.
    2. We were experimenting on D all night.
    3. Lions are really improving. In addition, this just sold a gang of season tickets for the Lions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Historically, the Patriots have been just no good against preseason teams starting in the third game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I could be wrong on this one, but it seems the Pats we're missing Haynesworth, Ellis (probable starters) Ninkovich and Spikes. That's four potential starters on the D right there. While I agree the D played terrible it is still only the pre-season and it was pretty clear that the Lions were fired up about this "how do we measure our team" game. The major concern should be the offensive line; granted with Suh the Lions have a very good D Line, but (as always) Brady cannot be spending a whole lot of time on the ground if the Pats O is going to be successful and it's not like the second stringers were protecting him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I could be wrong on this one, but it seems the Pats we're missing Haynesworth, Ellis (probable starters) Ninkovich and Spikes. That's four potential starters on the D right there. While I agree the D played terrible it is still only the pre-season and it was pretty clear that the Lions were fired up about this "how do we measure our team" game. The major concern should be the offensive line; granted with Suh the Lions have a very good D Line, but (as always) Brady cannot be spending a whole lot of time on the ground if the Pats O is going to be successful and it's not like the second stringers were protecting him.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Bodden did not play either

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Imagine what teams like the Jets and Pittsburgh will do to this soft team if the Lions humiliate them like this. An 8-8 season is only a dream at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine what teams like the Jets and Pittsburgh will do to this soft team if the Lions humiliate them like this. An 8-8 season is only a dream at this point.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Okeee dokee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

most of our starters on D didnt play plus BB was playing very vanila sets  to not give anything away for the fins game 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]most of our starters didnt play plus BB was playing very vanila sets  to not give anything away for the fins game 
    Posted by wolfwood[/QUOTE]

I guess many people did not see that!  LOL

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine what teams like the Jets and Pittsburgh will do to this soft team if the Lions humiliate them like this. An 8-8 season is only a dream at this point.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha this gets my nomination for post of the year 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

The point is, as good as the Patriots have been over the last several years, they ARE a team that can be punched in the mouth- even rattled at times. The Ravens and Jets did it in the playoffs the last two years, the Browns did it last season, and the Lions did it last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]The point is, as good as the Patriots have been over the last several years, they ARE a team that can be punched in the mouth- even rattled at times. The Ravens and Jets did it in the playoffs the last two years, the Browns did it last season, and the Lions did it last night.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Name one team in the league that doesn't get punched in the mouth on occasion

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams : Those calls even out over the length of the season. No conspiracy theories please.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Do you not know how to spell Braylon, or is your name something else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Pats are not good vs teams with a big time pass rush. But how many of those teams do you really see in the regular season, we will be fine. Problem is come playoff time, most of them really put on the pressure, and that kills a lot of these seemingly unstoppable quick routes they run. But regular season we will be fine!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]FenwayChuck - Glad you mentioned those flags.  Ridiculous.  A number of blatantly bad calls.  The Ocho call may have been legit, though.  Seems that a receiver can't run into a defender who has already established position.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  But it probably doesn't get called most of the time, particularly if the ball isn't thrown in that direction. The Mankins-Suh thing was crazy.  I think McCourtey got flagged for a PI that on replay seemed a non-penalty.  I think the guys in the broacast booth even expressed suprise on a couple calls.....
    Posted by BelichickforPresident[/QUOTE]

Ah, the defender took two or three steps then popped Ocho in the chest. That is not establishing position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Are the Pats just no good against physical teams : I love Brady...think he's the best sports hero in this area of all time. I do notice that the look on his face on the sidelines comes off as a very pompass (I'm to good to be here) type of look lately. When his receivers huddle up and "try" to talk to him, he looks straight ahead and doesn't even acknowledge them half the time. When he was younger he couldn't hide the enthusiasm and love for his teammates from his face. I guess I don't care as long as he puts together brilliant seasons like last year, but it's got to rub some the wrong way. I remember it was his second or third year in the league and he said he went back and watched himself on the sidelines and he was appalled with himself for his demeanor....time to watch the sideline again Tom.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

mthurl,

I guess perception is in the eye of the beholder. I don't see Brady that way. I think his look is more of "Can't you guys freaking block for 3-5 seconds and give me a chance". I don't think Brady thinks he is "too good to be here". I just think he is such a great competitor and like BB, he demands perfection.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Pats just no good against physical teams : unfair-stafford is NOT medium talent..this kid stays healthy he and that O are gonna be tough
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no compelling reason to believe Stafford is anything other than a run of the mill QB.

And there is also no compelling reason to believe the Lions will necessarily win more games than they lose in the coming season. They beat one good team last year.