Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE??

In Response to Re: Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE??:
    I don't agree with the comment about Tate - think we can wait and see on that guy. But there is some merit to being disappointed with the Pats "plan" this off-season. last season, they were NOT serious contenders.  Anyone who thinks they were is kidding themselves.  So please, no more "well they won the division" talk.  They barely won the division - and they lost almost every game against good teams.  Including a blow out at home in round one of the playoffs. The Pats have MAJOR holes to patch - and so far all they have done is lose Jarvis Green and Ben Watson to free agency. Re-signing some guys is good - but that means they have the exact team as last year - minus Green (minus Welker too I might add).   That is NOT a contender.  Add in the Adalius Thomas B.S.; Maroney being a complete bust; no decent WR opposite Moss.  The worst pass rush I've ever seen in NE. Yes, the original poster is negative.  But he might be an honest guy too. Let's not kill him and call him a bad fan.  He's on to something.  The team seems to be heading in the wrong direction.  Maybe, just maybe, Pioli was important to keep around. Bringing back the same guys as last year is a "plan" - but I'm not sure it is a good plan. Yup, Bellicheck is a HoF coach.  But let's not forget that last year his coaching was abysmal.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Green? Lol what did he do for us? Ben Watson was bleh, and we did not need him. We are taking care of our good guys, and we are looking into the draft. Coaching Abysmal my @ss. We did not really have nothing to prove. Brady did not play for a year, no other QB before him went even to the playoffs after IR. So shut it, and learn a thing or two about football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE?? : great post, I was yelling at this exact guy the first day of free agency as he and others freaked out the pats didn't sign a player in the first 24 hours of free agency.  Nailed it on the head.  Your post gives hope to this board.  smorgan doesn't know squat.  you brought me back.  gave up posting, got sick of the outlandis statements made by a few of the crazies.
    Posted by hagen910

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE??:
    Say what you want but for a team with as many holes that the Pats have right now to not be entertaining any potential prospects is completely ridiculous! Where not even talking big money guys anymore so that argument holds no water. Right now what we know is that they have no TE thanks again to another miscaculation of talent and market. A poor draft selection in Watson, letting Daniel Graham walk after aquiring Watson and then letting Dave Thomas walk..who isn't too bad right? Who;s fault is this? Big Bills! We have an aging WR in Moss who to be honest will probably "shut it down" this year becasue he knows he's done after this year. Compound that with the fact that Welker now had shoulder surgery on top of the knee and who know's when he's back. You have David Patten (what a joke aquiring him) and this bust Brandon Tate who can't stay on the field. RB is even better; Sammy Morris, who you get for maybe 5 games a season, an aging Fred Taylor, and an inconsistent Maroney. Defense is even worse..and they've done NOTHING to fix it. No pass rush, no LB's and one..maybe two DB's that are worth a damn in Bodden and Meriwether. Seems to me that this is an awful lot to address via the draft. I just don't see it or any interest for that matter on improving this team.
    Posted by smorgan86

Ok, as a Jests fan, please tell us Pats fans what teams do not have holes....PLEASE enlighten us....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

UFA'S T.E. CRUMPLER(WHO IS CERTAINLY THE TYPE OF BLOCKING T.E. THE PATS CRAVE)AND W.R. REED(A CHAIN MOVER WHO RUNS PRECISE ROUTES AND HAS SURE HANDS)ARE WORTHWHILE SIGNINGS ASSUMING THEIR DEMANDS ARE REASONABLE.HOWEVER,I FEEL THE BEST AVAILABLE F.A. ACQUISITION WOULD BE RFA C.B. MARSHALL FROM CAROLINA,WHO FOR THE 53 PICK IN THE SECOND ROUND WOULD MAKE FOR THE BEST C.B.CORPS THE PATS HAVE HAD IN YEARS.I'VE SUGGESTED THIS MOVE 2-3 TIMES IN THE PAST WEEKS IN TWO OTHER DISCUSSIONS.HE IS YOUNG,FORCES THE RUN WELL,HAVE PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE A MORE THAN CAPABLE COVER GUY IN BOTH MAN AND ZONE COVERAGES,POSSESES MORE THAN ADEQUATE SPEED AND BALL SILLS,IS A STUDENT OF THE GAME HE HONESTLY LOVES AND IS THE KIND OF YOUNG MAN YOU WANT ON THE FIELD,IN THE LOCKERROOM AND OFF THE FIELD.N.E. WAS HIGH ON HIM A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS IN THE DRAFT AND,PERHAPS,CAN REVISIT THE PAST AND GET THE PLAYER THEY LIKED BUT WITH THE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING THE EXPERIENCE THAT COMES WITH HAVING A FEW YEARS IN THE LEAGUE.DRAFTWISE,I HOPE GRAHAM(JUST A PLAYMAKER DESPITE HIS SIZE),WILLIAMS(WHO CAN REPLACE SEYMOUR AT RIGHT END AND ACTUALLY PLAY ANY OF THE THREE D.L POSITIONS)OR POUNCEY(AS NEAR TO A SURE THING AS YOU'D FIND IN THE BOTTOM THIRD OF THE FIRST ROUND UNLESS SOME GUY SLIPS 8-10 POSITIONS).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE?? : Dude GET A GRIP!!!!!! Do You Think B.B. Would let all his T.E.'S GO If he did'nt have a plan!!! IN B.B. WE TRUST........
    Posted by bradyslady12

..and the plan is?? Alge Crumpler??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats looking at....ANYONE?? : ..and the plan is?? Alge Crumpler??
    Posted by smorgan86

You do realize that the draft is very deep in TE's....many of which may be better than what is out there in free agency.