Are the Pats needs for next season that COMPLICATED???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Are the Pats needs for next season that COMPLICATED???

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Nothwithstanding the slight differences in what should be emphasized there is little disagreement.

I would say though - regarding the "attitude" or "style" of the Ptriots, where some of us call for a more "intense" or "physical" team - I think the players are all that. BUT - the schemes on O and D call for quick reads and adjustments rather than agressive attacking. Frankly I think the D needs to play a more aggressive scheme until they have players on the field that can generate pass rush without blitzing.

"Frankly I think the D needs to play a more aggressive scheme until they have players on the field that can generate pass rush without blitzing.

"

thats why i have legit pass rusher #1 on list in offseason

I think you run big risks blitzing against decent QBs when your coverage isn't good.  The best blitzing teams can cover man-to-man effectively and leave just six or even five in coverage while bringing five or six on the rush.   If you can't cover and you're up against a good QB, the QB is going to pick you apart by finding the open man quickly (Brady, for instance, tends to kill blitzing teams, though he struggles when teams get pressure with just four).  I guess I'd agree with Bred, here, that if we want to increase pressure it's best to do it with one of our front 4 (or front 3 and an OLB if we go back to 3-4) rather than rely on the blitz. 

I do think that Jones, Nink, Francis, and maybe Bequette are going to be the outside rushers again this coming year.  Ideally, we have a better inside tackle to get pressure up the middle.  I know Wozzy wants us to revert to 3-4, but that would require two good linemen next to Wilfork, plus we'd need to be comfortable with Nink and Hightower as 3-4 OLBs, with Mayo and Spikes in the middle.  I guess that's a possibility, but a lot depends on what BB can pick up.  He's likely to choose the scheme based on the talent more than choose the talent to fit a predetermined scheme.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Are the Pats needs for next season that COMPLICATED???

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Nothwithstanding the slight differences in what should be emphasized there is little disagreement.

I would say though - regarding the "attitude" or "style" of the Ptriots, where some of us call for a more "intense" or "physical" team - I think the players are all that. BUT - the schemes on O and D call for quick reads and adjustments rather than agressive attacking. Frankly I think the D needs to play a more aggressive scheme until they have players on the field that can generate pass rush without blitzing.

"Frankly I think the D needs to play a more aggressive scheme until they have players on the field that can generate pass rush without blitzing.

"

thats why i have legit pass rusher #1 on list in offseason

I think you run big risks blitzing against decent QBs when your coverage isn't good.  The best blitzing teams can cover man-to-man effectively and leave just six or even five in coverage while bringing five or six on the rush.   If you can't cover and you're up against a good QB, the QB is going to pick you apart by finding the open man quickly (Brady, for instance, tends to kill blitzing teams, though he struggles when teams get pressure with just four).  I guess I'd agree with Bred, here, that if we want to increase pressure it's best to do it with one of our front 4 (or front 3 and an OLB if we go back to 3-4) rather than rely on the blitz. 

I do think that Jones, Nink, Francis, and maybe Bequette are going to be the outside rushers again this coming year.  Ideally, we have a better inside tackle to get pressure up the middle.  I know Wozzy wants us to revert to 3-4, but that would require two good linemen next to Wilfork, plus we'd need to be comfortable with Nink and Hightower as 3-4 OLBs, with Mayo and Spikes in the middle.  I guess that's a possibility, but a lot depends on what BB can pick up.  He's likely to choose the scheme based on the talent more than choose the talent to fit a predetermined scheme.

the cflers can go inside. an asnah opposit jones could do the trick

that talib, another big cb and a big outside wr with hands who can separate in the draft.

a few free agents. and you have asot at a sb, if josh doesnt screw it up.