Are the pats preparing to blow things up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Are the pats preparing to blow things up?

So Welker is gone after Brady restructured his contract to give the team more cap space and went out and paid another receiver (who no one thought was better on the field than Welker) more money than Welker got elsewhere.  Additionally there are other factors including health, integration with the team, etc that don't make this move logical.  

Clearly Brady can't be happy.  I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, but does that matter? 

Brady now has given the team a contract that many other teams would find very enticing.  for the lower cap hit compared to the talent, other teams may be interested in doing a deal for Brady. 

Anyone think Brady may have only one or two years max left with the pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Are the pats preparing to blow things up?

Brady's time with the Pats will depend on his level of play. The 6 mill sa;ary means nothing since he gets most of the money in a signing bonus. Like all players with the Pats it will be level of play. If he declines he will be done and I'm sure BB and Kraft will have a discussion with him if that happens.

Your comment about WW and DA just remember BB rescued WW from Miami where he was almost cut by them twice. He happened to have a great game against the Pats which brought him to BB's attention. If you look at DA he actually has had better numbers in SY Louis than WW in Miami. He is also faster and taller, Yes he has been hurt twice vs WW one.  The only thing DA does not have is the ability to see what WW sees which is what TB sees on the field which allows them to make adjustments with just a look to each other. However that can be learned.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

So Welker is gone after Brady restructured his contract to give the team more cap space and went out and paid another receiver (who no one thought was better on the field than Welker) more money than Welker got elsewhere.  Additionally there are other factors including health, integration with the team, etc that don't make this move logical.  

Clearly Brady can't be happy.  I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, but does that matter? 

Brady now has given the team a contract that many other teams would find very enticing.  for the lower cap hit compared to the talent, other teams may be interested in doing a deal for Brady. 

Ummmm, Mind your BIzness and GTFOH with that BS. Im happy that Wes is gone! We replaced an Old WR with a younger one and this is a sign of blowing things up!???  Ok TRoll, Just stick to worrying about your own team!  Yeeeesh , what an annoyance you are. Dont come here and claim to know how players feel. You are out of line and noone wants to hear your BS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Please don't feed the trolls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Keep dreaming!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'm not saying this is going to happen.  I was simply trying to apply logic to these recent events based on history and this boards conventional wisdom but couldn't make it happen. 

I had to start thinking differently, and this kind of fit. 

For example - just this week Kraft said he "wanted Welker to be a patriot for life".  However, he apparently didn't finish his full thoughts publicly which obviously were "as long as he takes what we offer."

Sticking with that thought, isn't it possible that the same goes for Brady?  When he says things publicly about Brady retiring with the pats, couldn't there be more to that that he is not sharing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

UD6, I have a history with you, not in a bad way.  I don't know if you recall but when I first started on this forum one poster kept saying I was you but with a different name.  Thought that was funny, had no idea why he would have thought that but he did So I have always kept an eye on your posts.  I really don't regard you as an over the top troll here, you are a long time poster here, multiple screen names over the years, fan of another team.  But you bring an outside perspective that is nice to read from an outsider who's team has a deep history with the Patriots and you know what this team is about because of that.

I know TFB isn't happy because of this move, the Patriots are taking a pounding on tv, the radio, the internet because they made this move instead of addressing a position of need.  Not so sure TFB only has two years left, but one thing is for sure, a move like this suggests that nobody is safe on this team so nothing would surprise me at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

TFB - I think you are spot on with your last sentence. 

And that is not necessarily a bad thing.  I think the pats are as savvy as any at this business.  They may see the writing on the wall.  The best things for fans (especially pats fans) is to never stop rooting for the laundry because that doesn't change.  The people in it, however, do. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

UD6, I have a history with you, not in a bad way.  I don't know if you recall but when I first started on this forum one poster kept saying I was you but with a different name.  Thought that was funny, had no idea why he would have thought that but he did So I have always kept an eye on your posts.  I really don't regard you as an over the top troll here, you are a long time poster here, multiple screen names over the years, fan of another team.  But you bring an outside perspective that is nice to read from an outsider who's team has a deep history with the Patriots and you know what this team is about because of that.

I know TFB isn't happy because of this move, the Patriots are taking a pounding on tv, the radio, the internet because they made this move instead of addressing a position of need.  Not so sure TFB only has two years left, but one thing is for sure, a move like this suggests that nobody is safe on this team so nothing would surprise me at this point.

Agree100%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good! The last time everyone was upset at BB about cutting a popular player we won a SB! All thats left is for Denver to beat us 31-0 in the reg. season and we Roll thru the playoffs!  Relax guys! Brady is not mad!  Keep listening to the crazy media! That story was debunked and until you guys get a call from Brady expressing his frustration, its a false statement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

They went all in in 2011-2012.  Desperate/bad FA signings, rental players and trades -among them Ellis, Ocho, Haynesworth, Talib, Carter, Anderson etc.  The only thing keeping this team afloat is Tom Brady to Wes Welker.  After failure upon failure in attempts to add WR talent, BB lets one of the ones that have actually worked out walk away over 35 cents after Brady GIVES him the money to keep Welker in town.  Priceless!

LOL!  This coming from an imbecile who cheers for the laughingstock of the NFL.  Priceless.  I can't tell if you're serious, or if you just like to try to get people going to pi$s them off.  Oh well, misery loves company.  Enjoy finishing in last place in the AFC East for the next 5 years!

This couldn't be more ironic even if it were scripted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Good! The last time everyone was upset at BB about cutting a popular player we won a SB! All thats left is for Denver to beat us 31-0 in the reg. season and we Roll thru the playoffs!  Relax guys! Brady is not mad!  Keep listening to the crazy media! That story was debunked and until you guys get a call from Brady expressing his frustration, its a false statement.

Source?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

They went all in in 2011-2012.  Desperate/bad FA signings, rental players and trades -among them Ellis, Ocho, Haynesworth, Talib, Carter, Anderson etc.  The only thing keeping this team afloat is Tom Brady to Wes Welker.  After failure upon failure in attempts to add WR talent, BB lets one of the ones that have actually worked out walk away over 35 cents after Brady GIVES him the money to keep Welker in town.  Priceless!

BUTT FUMBLE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Agree. This widens the field and will make Brady a better QB. The only thing now is, does BB grab one more quality route running WR who also can line up on the flank?

OMG, he better!  Is there even a doubt in your mind that he shouldn't? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD - you are spouting about the dreams of fans everywhere to see Brady leave the Pats.  Given all the changes the team has undergone, seeing players Brady liked leave too, he still performs as a true professional to help the TEAM win the big one. It is about WIN and TROPHIES!  Friendships don't win them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

UD - you are spouting about the dreams of fans everywhere to see Brady leave the Pats.  Given all the changes the team has undergone, seeing players Brady liked leave too, he still performs as a true professional to help the TEAM win the big one. It is about WIN and TROPHIES!  Friendships don't win them.

Not really AGC.  I am just trying to "get it", and I don't. 

If Welker is better than Amendola

If Welker signed for less than Amendola

If Kraft said he wanted Welker to be a Patriot for life

If Brady restructured to give the pats cap room

Why don't the pats have Welker?  What else could be going on?  What's the extra cap room for? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Why don't the pats have Welker?  What else could be going on?  What's the extra cap room for? 

Welker story asside, I think we are only about 48 Hours into Free Agency.  We knew there was almost no chance of the Pats breaking the bank on the biggest names free agents out there ala the Bills of last year of the Redskins in past years.  

So I suggest that we wait to see how it all shakes out instead of coming to all these theories as to why this or that didn't happen.  

It ain't ova till it's ova.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Do you realize there's a little philosophy that centers around planning for the future while remaining competitive year in and year out?  The Patriots organization corners that philosophy.  Wes is on the back 9 of his career now at the age of 32 while Amendola is 27 who just got the same type of contract that Wes originally got when he signed with the Pats 6 years ago.  Instead of trolling our board, see how it works out.  I'm assuming you were the genius that predicted Wes would have 6 100-catch seasons with the Pats, right?

Amendola is younger, faster, and longer.  He's had 2 freak injuries.  Welker has had 1.  Enough of the injury whine.

Lastly, I think BB might know a litttleeee bit more about how to manage a 53 man roster than you do.  Stick to the Clots, miserable old man.