Are the Pats shopping for a TE??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Are the Pats shopping for a TE??

The TE situation must not be as good as some thought. People not happy with how Ballard is looking coming back from his injury.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends.
    Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September. Aug 22 - 3:26 PM (rotoworld)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Are the Pats shopping for a TE??

In response to TFB12's comment:

The TE situation must not be as good as some thought. People not happy with how Ballard is looking coming back from his injury.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends. Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September. Aug 22 - 3:26 PM (rotoworld)

I would not be surprised if they were looking for more depth at TE even if Gronk does not go on the PUP list. Sudfeld has been the only TE to do anything in the preseason. Hoomanawanui and Fells are journeymen at best and Ballard does not look like he is 100% yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends. Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September. Aug 22 - 3:26 PM (rotoworld)

I would not be surprised if they were looking for more depth at TE even if Gronk does not go on the PUP list. Sudfeld has been the only TE to do anything in the preseason. Hoomanawanui and Fells are journeymen at best and Ballard does not look like he is 100% yet.

You are right on about Ballard.  I thought he was doing better health wise then he apparently is.

A couple of quotes I read elseware about him tonight....

"Jake Ballard is toast right now. I don't know if he will ever rebound from this injury, but he isn't ready. I can see why the Pats are rumored to be shopping for a TE. Assuming that Fells is healthy, they really have two until Gronk gets back (Fells and Sudfeld)."

"Ballard looks like he's D-O-N-E period. That leg looks like a cripple. I'd rather have an O lineman for his roster spot."

And hooman..

"Hooman is so ordinary I can't imagine him cut and being immediately picked up. I'd cut him and keep his number on speed dial."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

One would hope that the PATS are looking for interior O line help....and post haste at that..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Some of the posters on this board are brutal. In the first two preseason games, people were saying that Pats could go all the way. Last night after a sh*tty preseason loss, suddenly the sky is falling. It's only one bad preseason game. Lighten up, will ya??!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

One would hope that the PATS are looking for interior O line help....and post haste at that..

this....seems like an unnoticed weakness.  We really don't have any depth here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

extremists.....damn them all! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think it's interesting how things shake out during preseason. Last night the guy who I was concerned about was Thompkins, because I thought he looked really pedestrian against Tampa - I was worried - then he came out last night and looked like the best player on the field. On the other hand - after reading so many positive stories about our safeties - I was watching for something positive there. Nothing...terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some very interesting cuts in a couple of weeks...guys that we all thought were absolute locks to make the roster...because some of those "absolute locks" aren't looking too good right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posters are discouraged because they know that the road to the SB, you'll encounter 2 or 3 physical teams like this which they have no answer for. Feel bad for TB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont agree. The Pats are looking for that 3/4 TE to do many things...ST, H-back, block and catch 10 balls a season. That is not Tamme or Moeaki. Gronk and Sudfeld will be great in the 2 TE set....Hoomanuwahi is fine in that versatile role....if they keep 4, Ballard if healthy would fill the bill...I simply dont feel he is healthy yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I have seen nothing from Ballard so far. Hard to believe he's anywhere near 100%. I predict he doesn't make the cut. Gronk will go on the PUP, and the keep Sudfeld, Hoo-Man, Fells.

When Gronk comes back...either Fells or Hooman goes...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I have seen nothing from Ballard so far. Hard to believe he's anywhere near 100%. I predict he doesn't make the cut. Gronk will go on the PUP, and the keep Sudfeld, Hoo-Man, Fells.

When Gronk comes back...either Fells or Hooman goes...

your scenario is very likely..if Gronk is PUP'd...it sounds like he won't be however...leading to the question do they keep 3 or 4 to start the seasn

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think the problem is outside of Gronk we dont have any reliable targets. Fells has been in and out the lineup this summer and didnt play last night. Ballard is trying but he is one leg and offers nothing outside of blocking at the present time. Hooman is a Fb who is only get a few targets a year. Suds is a nice story but there is a reason he went undrafted. He has injury history and has trouble holding the ball it seems. Soooo, we just need a solid guy who can stay healthy. Nothing flashy . Maybe a Chris Baker type signing. I would like to see a more steady guy brought in so they dont need to have 4 or 5 of them taking up spots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

Some of the posters on this board are brutal. In the first two preseason games, people were saying that Pats could go all the way. Last night after a sh*tty preseason loss, suddenly the sky is falling. It's only one bad preseason game. Lighten up, will ya??!!!

Since some here don’t want us talking about “bad” and “negative” stuff, and not much in the way of good happened last night, let’s talk about the weather. What do you think about the humidity level today? We could also try to settle that age ole’ question of “is it the heat…or the humidity?”

Who wants to get it going?............

OK, I'll start, it's the humidity..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Were going to sign a full back till gronk comes back. It will probably be a TE but mostly will play FB or blocking TE.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Posters are discouraged because they know that the road to the SB, you'll encounter 2 or 3 physical teams like this which they have no answer for. Feel bad for TB.

You are absolutly correct.  Even make it to the big dance, look at the teams that will possibly be there... Seahawks, 49'ers.  Good luck beating them after last night.  The sad part about last night is, the Pats did'nt only look lost, slow, not very phisical but they had no heart.  That is the worst part of last nights beating.  it looks like they have no heart.  That is not a good sign going into the start of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts