Are the Pats still Team to Beat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Are the Pats still Team to Beat?

After Digesting this Trade a bit, sounds like BB hit this one out of the Park. We all love what Sey meant to this Team. We definitely took a hit as the Team to beat this Year. No Team loses an All-Pro Player and gets better on Defense, in the short run. Wilfork and Mankins and most of all Brady need to be locked up. We get a first round pick in 2011 with a likely Rookie payscale, which makes this trade even better. Sey wasn't the same player anymore. So are the Pats Still the Team To Beat. BET ON IT. SUPER BOWL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Are the Pats still Team to Beat?

I think they are still A team to beat but not THE team to beat. The Steelers are going to be right there with them I think. I am nervous about Pittsburgh actually. Top notch Defense and a pretty good and always Clutch Offense against our Top Notch Offense and our looks great on paper, but still unproven Defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Even with Seymour, the Pats were not the "team to beat". There is no one dominant team in the NFL. The closest thing to a team to beat are the Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Patriots...in that order. The soft Pats' defense and the unknown health issues of Tom Brady make this so.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I still think the defense is the big question mark on this team.  I don't mean to say that it will stink but with so many new and young/inexperienced players, there may be some growing pains this year.  It could improve as the season progresses.   Hopefully the offense will carry the team until the D gets up to speed.  That being said,  I think the Squeelers are the team to beat.  They should still have a great defense this year and they are the defending champs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats still Team to Beat?:
         Even with Seymour, the Pats were not the "team to beat". There is no one dominant team in the NFL. The closest thing to a team to beat are the Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Patriots...in that order. The soft Pats' defense and the unknown health issues of Tom Brady make this so.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

I agree with the 5 teams you put up there, but the order not so much. Tom's knee puts them number 5? Can I say the same about Merriman's knee? Same injury and we all saw last year how their Defense made out without him. Eagles lost Jim Johnson and have had a few injuries up front and to a very important starting MLB. Giants have lost offensive firepower and are relying on unproven rookies at WR.

So yea I'd put it Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Eagles Chargers. I think Green Bay is going to surprise a few people this year as well.

Also, any given Sunday....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

How is Seymour not the same player as he leads our team in sacks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The healthiest team between the Patriots and Steelers would have to be decided favorites at this time.Injuries are always the greatest threat to success that cannot be controlled by the front offices and coaches in the league....P.S.-It was highly unlikely N.E. was going to resign Seymour and getting a first in 2011 was a brilliant stroke in that they already have 3 second round picks in 2010.Fair value and at the right time for this team to continue their riegn as a legitimate S.B. contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Who's better?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I think the whole team to beat thing we depend on how our offense looks.  If the Patriots can do close to what they did in 2007 and pile on points on teams 28-42 points a game, then we're the team to beat, because even with a team like the Steelers, it puts tremendous pressure on their offense, which usually leads to turnovers.  But if Moss loses a step, (he's getting older so there's a chance this season) and Brady isn't the same QB coming back from injuries, then we're not the team to beat.   

I actually think the offense might be just as good as 2007 because we have better backs on the roster with Fred Taylor and a healthy Maroney.   At the end of the day, the team with homefield advantage is the team to beat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think the steelers will have an off year. Thier offense doesn't put up the points they need, but i know their defense can pick some up once in a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats still Team to Beat?:
    Posted by TexasPat3

How did the Giants beat out the Eagles on your list? I think you mean Steelers, Eagles, Vikings, Patriots, and Giants. 

The Pats were second on the list last night. That's how huge of a leap we took from losing Seymour. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

I swear the pink hatters have moved from baseball to football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I basically comes down to 2 things.

1) Will Brady last the season
    2) Will the D improve from last year

If either doesn't happen then no. The first one is obvious but when you get the playoffs you have to be able to get stops or your going home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Anybody want to go to the Sept.14 game with me. My brother can't make it, so I'm looking 4 somebody 2 go with. The price of the ticket($117). I have good seats; lower level(14 rows from the field, Goal Line). U must buy the ticket one week in advance. We can go together or we can meet up at the game, what ever U prefer because I live in Springfield. let me know right away.
    My Email is mvieu77@aol.com

Sections
Shortcuts