Are the Ravens gonna take the Patriots Place???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Are the Ravens gonna take the Patriots Place???

I think its a valid question... 

I didnt think anything of it when they traded Bolden, even though He only making 6 million and Ive seen teams do worse. Ray Lewis retiring was out there control. I am wondering if they are just being content with selling tickets and having an offensive like we have here down in N.E.?

I am thinking because this franchise has tried SO hard to win a title since their last one in 2000, that they are complacent now and with the team losing this many players on Defense, they may be saying we need to Upgrade Bolden for Flacco and go Offense heavy because 1.) they realize their defense wont be the same for a while without Lewis and Reed 2.) Now that Flacco is making 20 million, they have to invest in offense and ask him to do to more just to justify that kind of payout and its the same thing that happened to us after our latest Title, but atleast we Won 3 out of 4, before we fell off. So I think the ravens are the new patriots but I fear Flacco is no T.B.! He doesnt have the same accuracy or ability to read defenses pre snap and get his team into the best positions. He hasnt shown that Manning-esque ability and maybe they implement that this offseason.

I think this is an overlooked thing. It happens a lot in baseball. You try to win every year but when you get that Chip, you know fans are in it and you can entice them with a major name signing a la David Ortiz to keep the fans interest but really have no intention on making a push for a title. Sure you still want to get there, but when you trade your defense for offense you are ultimately saying, I really wanna sell tickets rather than win another title. Losing Lewis, Reed, Ellerbe, Kruger,Pollard, etc is too much IMO and cant be overcome and the Ravens will have to average over 30 now like the Pats just to remain relevant. Lets see how Wacco Flacco does! So before anyone jumps in and talks about Flacco outplaying Brady, remember its Flacco vs the Pats pass defense and Brady vs the Ravens defense so maybe next year I will make the case for Brady being better when he Dices up the weak Bmore secondary..  and hopefully Flacco is going up against a much improved Pats secondary.

I mean if Denver doesnt make that many upgrades, who is really gonna challenge us in the AFC??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Are the Ravens gonna take the Patriots Place???

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I think its a valid question... 

I didnt think anything of it when they traded Bolden, even though He only making 6 million and Ive seen teams do worse. Ray Lewis retiring was out there control. I am wondering if they are just being content with selling tickets and having an offensive like we have here down in N.E.?

I am thinking because this franchise has tried SO hard to win a title since their last one in 2000, that they are complacent now and with the team losing this many players on Defense, they may be saying we need to Upgrade Bolden for Flacco and go Offense heavy because 1.) they realize their defense wont be the same for a while without Lewis and Reed 2.) Now that Flacco is making 20 million, they have to invest in offense and ask him to do to more just to justify that kind of payout and its the same thing that happened to us after our latest Title, but atleast we Won 3 out of 4, before we fell off. So I think the ravens are the new patriots but I fear Flacco is no T.B.! He doesnt have the same accuracy or ability to read defenses pre snap and get his team into the best positions. He hasnt shown that Manning-esque ability and maybe they implement that this offseason.

I think this is an overlooked thing. It happens a lot in baseball. You try to win every year but when you get that Chip, you know fans are in it and you can entice them with a major name signing a la David Ortiz to keep the fans interest but really have no intention on making a push for a title. Sure you still want to get there, but when you trade your defense for offense you are ultimately saying, I really wanna sell tickets rather than win another title. Losing Lewis, Reed, Ellerbe, Kruger,Pollard, etc is too much IMO and cant be overcome and the Ravens will have to average over 30 now like the Pats just to remain relevant. Lets see how Wacco Flacco does! So before anyone jumps in and talks about Flacco outplaying Brady, remember its Flacco vs the Pats pass defense and Brady vs the Ravens defense so maybe next year I will make the case for Brady being better when he Dices up the weak Bmore secondary..  and hopefully Flacco is going up against a much improved Pats secondary.

I mean if Denver doesnt make that many upgrades, who is really gonna challenge us in the AFC??

denver will be a challenge regardless because of #18, and maybe the texans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

So far, Ellerbee, Kruger, Lewis, Pollard, Boldin and potentially Reed and Cary Williams are gone? Did I miss anyone?

What do the Ravens have for picks in this years draft?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm starting to think Reed will be back in Baltimore. I can't see them letting both of their starting safeties leave but I was wrong about Boldin so what do I know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Pitt and balt done.  Cincy and houston on way up.  Denver teetering.  kc on way up.

I see Pitt and Baltimore as potential playoff teams, but not serious threats to win it all (unless they make some good, surprise moves). How much cap space does Cincy have? One would think this may be the prime year for them to step up and take that division...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Pitt and balt done.  Cincy and houston on way up.  Denver teetering.  kc on way up.

I see Pitt and Baltimore as potential playoff teams, but not serious threats to win it all (unless they make some good, surprise moves). How much cap space does Cincy have? One would think this may be the prime year for them to step up and take that division...

I don't know the exact number but a lot. I believe they were in the top 5 prior to FA beginning.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Last time i saw a complete list cincy was well north of 30 mil in cap space.

Ok, this could be their year if they make good signings to fill the holes and if Dalton can continue to get better. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pretty Much! AFter last year, I wouldnt worry about the Texans too much unless they get a real good safety and improve their CB play. They looked like pretenders by years end. I have always like Cincy and I agree they are one the way up, but I see them still 2 years away because Big Red hasnt shown the ability to step up in big spots yet and if Brady couldnt do it with Benny behind him, I doubt Dalton will. We all know you cant win a Title with Benny as your lead back...lol. - I had to do it, sorry.  K.C.??  Well lets see what their QB play looks like..  NO excuses This Year!  Only hurdle should be NFC if we make it all the way. There are atleast 5 teams that scare me in the NFC, the AFC,....not so much

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ozzie has to partially rebuild a huge part of his defense. Things change when you win the Super Bowl every player becomes overvalued and the abscence of key players means depth players really have to step up (Kruger= Upshaw) and Ozzie has to rebuild through the draft. Really only Ellerbe was a surprise. Kruger, Bolden, and Lewis were gone. Pretty much everyone knew that, not many would have guessed that Ellerbe would leave and Pollard would get cut. If Reed signs elsewhere there are some big holes to fill. Canty is a decent start. I have no idea what the ravens cap space looks like; it can't be too good if they let Pollard walk and Ellerbe sign elsewhere after trying to restructure Bolden.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Last time i saw a complete list cincy was well north of 30 mil in cap space.

Ok, this could be their year if they make good signings to fill the holes and if Dalton can continue to get better. 

IMO Welker would be a perfect complement to AJ Green in the passing game. He would open the field up for green who is already a stud.

I remember someone mentioning that a while ago and I thought it made sense. If they got Welker, Dalton would have 2 very good WRs and a decent TE to throw to. Add to the defense and they could be very good next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I don't know the exact number but a lot. I believe they were in the top 5 prior to FA beginning.

I don't believe Cincy ever spends it's money. That owner is ultra cheap. ..at least that's my perception.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

So far, Ellerbee, Kruger, Lewis, Pollard, Boldin and potentially Reed and Cary Williams are gone? Did I miss anyone?

What do the Ravens have for picks in this years draft?

Matt Birk retired as well. Gonna be interesting to watch them now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Pretty Much! AFter last year, I wouldnt worry about the Texans too much unless they get a real good safety and improve their CB play. They looked like pretenders by years end. I have always like Cincy and I agree they are one the way up, but I see them still 2 years away because Big Red hasnt shown the ability to step up in big spots yet and if Brady couldnt do it with Benny behind him, I doubt Dalton will. We all know you cant win a Title with Benny as your lead back...lol. - I had to do it, sorry.  K.C.??  Well lets see what their QB play looks like..  NO excuses This Year!  Only hurdle should be NFC if we make it all the way. There are atleast 5 teams that scare me in the NFC, the AFC,....not so much

Nice to see you back on your meds, Shizzles.  No immature comments, no mocking, no sarcasm, etc. Good job with a clear, rational comment.

Im gonna just take that backhanded compliment today cuz im a good mood. Thank you kind sir. Must be a full moon because redsox made a comment I agreed with and now this. Maybe the bloods and crips will settle their differences now too..

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

KC on the way up.... bwa ha ahhahahahhahaa. Ugh yeah, they were 2-14.  Tough to head down from there.  This is clearly some sort of pathetic way of giving credit to Pioli after they chased him out of town as yet another "BB protege" failure.  Looks like they've finally embraced the patsie way.. you know, signing ex-Jets.

Why don't you remind us of what a great player Pouha is and how the deal he signed was so great (a better value than Wilfork).  LMAO @ U.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Balt was lucky to not only make the playoffs this year but to get all those old players patched up enough to win. The perfect storm of motivation, LEwis retiring, Flacco in his contract year, serious changes looming.

They know the were lucky and relize this year they have ZERO chance to repeat so might as well start rebuilding and not be timid about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Even Cleveland on way up. KC on way up, yes.

Denver is intersting, they will make the playoffs for the forseable future but will start asking the same questions as NE, what do they need to do to compete against the NFL elite in a high pressure game?

Sections
Shortcuts