Are there any fans here who remember the pre BB era?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Are there any fans here who remember the pre BB era?

I swear people have forgotten what these team used to be, don't know?  Look at the Rams and you have the Patriots of old.  So there are no big names signed other than 5 of the better FAs available happens to be they are all Patriots.

BB over the last month or so has been saying a few things here and there that make since.  The season doesn't start yet, there's still a lot of offseason to go.  There will be FAs released later after the draft and teams have gotten replacements for guys who are signed for a ton of money.  Just because the Jets and Dolphins signed some WRs doesn't mean BB and the team should just packed in and not even bother playing this season.

Yes the draft will fix holes, for those of you who do not study the draft picks, players, positions strengths depth ect this is a good draft to fill some of the holes the Pats have.  Take TE, this is a position that is deep and teams can get a serviceable player that can contribute some say all the way to the 6th round. 
    DTs there's all sorts of shapes and sizes in this draft and I'm sure the Pats have done their homework to find a replacement at RE and one or two will be drafted.  A pass rusher, there are some good ones.  There are guys projected as 5th rounders who will be able to come in and help on passing downs.
    So yes the draft will help, there are also a few guys who are 2nd year rookies who will help on both sides of the ball.  Tate McKenzie Bussey maybe even Crable gets in the action, a bunch of guys with one year under their belt who will be better.  Some no name FAs who will help in specific roles (the BB way), Lewis interior pass rusher key when the Pats are in nickel and dime formations (about 50% of the time)

RB, this draft is deep in big north/south runners, guys who do not dance at the line and I believe this season LM will see less and less of the field.

WR, there are names I can share who are even projected as UDFA who are fast, have good hands and route good routes.  So stop with the sky is falling wait until the offseason is over see what else happens.  I'm sure if they make it to the SB you will be saying I knew BB had a master plan all along.

The team is going in the right direction, all you heard was guys got away from the Patriot way.  This season most have figured out the Patriot way is better than their own and guys like VW are echoing BB, those guys either get with the program or need to go. 

For the fakes,good job raising all sorts of hell here.  Move out and draw fire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Are there any fans here who remember the pre BB era?

I remember the drug problems and the proble guy that were on the team in the early 90's and what a big deal it was to get the Tuna as coach cause he came in and started cleaning those guys out. I also remember BB doing the same thing when he came in, ie Glenn. Why people want to go back to those guys I have no clue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't go as far back as some here, but I do remember some dark times. There was one 1-15 season, ugh! I know most of us realize how fortunate we are to have watched this team's unparalleled success this past decade. Three super bowl victories in four years and with a few more breaks there could have been more! What a time to be a fan. What a just reward for those of us who have followed them through thick and thin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah pretty dismal after Parcells left and then once BB took over things improved alot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

the dynasty that just ended was never respected either...it came on quietly and before long was a juggernaut that dominated the nfl... l like the way we do business now...we are going to go back to some smashmouth....we have to now with the way the division has changed...

i remember watching parcells when he was earning his nickname the big tuna...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

setting with mediocracy is never a good option

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The 70's Pat's were fun... a rollercoaster of talent, terrible, under-achievement, spectacular flashes and ultimate disappointment.  I loved them...a team that was trounced 50-0 by Griese's Fin's then came back and upset them a couple of years later....a team that sent all-pros to other teams...a team that punched the Superbowl winning Raiders in the nose here at Foxboro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Pats7393 & PatsEng:

Look guys, don't even bother...  I mean NEITHER of you two (or anyone for that matter)-Finds it just a bit coincidental, that A Score of posters that NOONE has ever seen on this Patriot Forum ever before, ARE ALL suddenly singing the very same song and dance about, How The Jets are doing great offseason moves and that New England is doing utterly nothingNOONE else finds it odd that ALL these posters who NOONE has ever heard from before are ALL backing each other up...ALL guys with just over 100 posts in Total, and Every ONE of them is saying the exact same thing, NO Matter WHAT you (or ANYone) bring(s) as a counter-argument.  smorgan, haldager, perfect72, bmadmax, Plastics017, blazed21, clarkeyj1, jbalance617, FLY2K, Brad34, bjesuss, and even this imbec!le TateGroup guy has been playing the antagonist to everyone & everything on this forum...  Lmao, Ya mean ALL these guys who NOONE has heard from before, Are ALL saying the exact same negative remarks about The Pats...sorta weird that for 5 years or more on this forum, I usually see 2 new posters every month (at most), YET cr#zy that these 12 posters have all come on to this Board in 5 days (no matter when they state they're "real start date" was, the fact remains that NOONE has ever heard from them before)...  Kind of a strange coincidence, huh?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I know Laz but I'm really bored today (forced vaca or I'd lose my vaca days from last quarter. Non roll over days are a pain) and this atleast gives me something to do. I'm really not taking anything they say seriously but it's interesting to see how far I can push it lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Are there any fans here who remember the pre BB era?:
    Pats7393 & PatsEng : Look guys, don't even bother...  I mean NEITHER of you two (or anyone for that matter)-Finds it just a bit coincidental, that A Score of posters that NOONE has ever seen on this Patriot Forum ever before, ARE ALL suddenly singing the very same song and dance about, How The Jets are doing great offseason moves and that New England is doing utterly nothing ?  NOONE else finds it odd that AL L these posters who NOONE has ever heard from before are ALL backing each other up...ALL guys with just over 100 posts in Total, and Every ONE of them is saying the exact same thing, NO Matter WHAT you (or ANYone) bring(s) as a counter-argument.  smorgan , haldager , perfect72 , bmadmax , Plastics017 , blazed21 , clarkeyj1 , jbalance617 , FLY2K , Brad34 , bjesuss , and even this imbec!le TateGroup guy has been playing the antagonist to everyone & everything on this forum...  Lmao, Ya mean ALL these guys who NOONE has heard from before, Are ALL saying the exact same negative remarks about The Pats...sorta weird that for 5 years or more on this forum, I usually see 2 new posters every month (at most), YET cr#zy that these 12 posters have all come on to this Board in 5 days (no matter when they state they're "real start date" was, the fact remains that NOONE has ever heard from them before)...  Kind of a strange coincidence, huh?  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

controversy and bashing attracts 10 times the attention of praise.

listen to the radio man. its pathetic the way some our fellow Boston sports fans are just so pessemistic and love to degrade the team. All this after 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

I just watch the games and try to tune everything else out, but its hard bc i love these games and i get sucked into listening to morons like felger, mazz, and the rest of those pot stirrers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Pats7393 & PatsEng : Look guys, don't even bother...  I mean NEITHER of you two (or anyone for that matter)-Finds it just a bit coincidental, that A Score of posters that NOONE has ever seen on this Patriot Forum ever before, ARE ALL suddenly singing the very same song and dance about, How The Jets are doing great offseason moves and that New England is doing utterly nothing ?  NOONE else finds it odd that AL L these posters who NOONE has ever heard from before are ALL backing each other up...ALL guys with just over 100 posts in Total, and Every ONE of them is saying the exact same thing, NO Matter WHAT you (or ANYone) bring(s) as a counter-argument.  smorgan , haldager , perfect72 , bmadmax , Plastics017 , blazed21 , clarkeyj1 , jbalance617 , FLY2K , Brad34 , bjesuss , and even this imbec!le TateGroup guy has been playing the antagonist to everyone & everything on this forum...  Lmao, Ya mean ALL these guys who NOONE has heard from before, Are ALL saying the exact same negative remarks about The Pats...sorta weird that for 5 years or more on this forum, I usually see 2 new posters every month (at most), YET cr#zy that these 12 posters have all come on to this Board in 5 days (no matter when they state they're "real start date" was, the fact remains that NOONE has ever heard from them before)...  Kind of a strange coincidence, huh?  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

You know, I haven't seen Leon in while...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

I was thinking the same Laz, the board has change over the last month, alot of attacking fellow or supposedly fellow Pats fans.....calling out posters to leave and such....all the same all at the same time.....it is a strange coincidence indeed.

And yes it's me Harley....poetry writer, sewing circle member 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I remember those eras long ago.  First the Pats went on and on and on without ever making the Super Bowl.  Then they squished the Fish one year, met up with the Bears in the Super Bowl and got clobbered.  Then they got clobbered again in the S.B.  At least they made it that far for once or twice.  At least Bledsoe made it interesting.

Belichick was the property of the New York Jets football team, and to BB's everlasting credit he quit the Jets the day after he was told that he was appointed head coach of the Jets.  Then he drove up to Foxboro, Kraft named him head coach of the Patriots, the Jets brought suit, and the Jets settled for a first round draft choice. 

Then Bledsoe got hurt and the scalpers were getting $20 per seat at Schaefer Stadium.  This kid Brady was struggling against mediocre teams, but his teammates were saying good things about him, like they could win with Bledsoe and they could win with Brady too.  I was sensing that things were really coming together right about then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

chris canty!!!! that was a memorable 1st round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

How about Chris Singleton and Ray Agnew both taken in the 1st before Emmitt Smith. Other teams had one shot before he was chosen the Pats had two!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I remember the pre-Brady era, the Pats went 5-11 and last place in 2000.  Then Brady took over and they won their 1st superbowl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

some dismal years....

everything comes in cycles....some part more dismal than others; more recently some good times.  As has been noted; there are lots of personalities with different views...all...good or bad are welcome. You got the rose colored glass wearing Koolaid drinkers, the pessimists, and everything in between.

Harley thinks the personal attacks just started recently.....I beg to differ. That stuff has been going on what seems like forever.

At the end of the day, does it matter if someone is a "long-term" fan or newbiew - or if people have good or bad stuff to say about the Patriots?

if you don't want to read about the negative stuff.....then just don't read it....move on. Wouldn't it be kinda vanilla if all we read were glowing opinions?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I remember the Iron man league. I remember McDonald Hamburgers for just .19cents and they were good (Horse meat) but chewy! I remember 2 bucks got you into the theater for all day to see 2 movies! I remember my ex wife when she weighed under 400 pounds. Yes the good old days. And your right LAZ. All these people fighting and attacking and spinning and weazing. Its all BUNK! Its not too late for BB to pull something oputta his azzzzz and create a glorius team that will rise and crush its foes. ANd now with a mad punter from Australia that will hit anything that moves we are Super Bowl bound once again!  I just wonder if the ex wife has anything to do with all these earth quakes!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Been a fan since I was 6 years old when I went to my first home game for the first time in September 1977 So that means I have been a fan 33 years. Dad had the first season tix in the family from 1974 on... Seen a lot of crapy teams and a few really great ones the first of which I remember was 1978.

So yeah I remember the pre Belichick years and they were all not bad but I prefer the BB years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

yeah pretty dismal after Parcells left and then once BB took over things improved alot
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Pretty dismal huh? We still won the division with Pete Carroll in 1997, made the playoffs in 1998, missed the playoffs in 1999 & then he was fired.....Things did not improve a lot under BB in his first year. He won 5 games, but implimented his system. He won the superbowl in year 2.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Pats7393- I made this point on another thread. If Belichick never came here we would have a total "0" Superbowl Victories and only the 2 previous apearances in the Superbowl. I'll never have anything bad to say about the guy. It's like ripping Ripping Red Aurbach as far as I'm concerned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bubba - you are correct it doesn't matter how long you've been a fan just that you are a fan. I think what we are talking about though is these bandwagon fans who join the board make trouble then just disappear because well they are bandwagon fans. I've been floating around the board for about 6 years and if it's one thing I've seen, there's only a small amount of regular posters but there's a unlimited amount of these 1 month or 2 month posters who just start trouble. Every so often it's nice just to have a thread like this for the regs who come in and vent about those bandwagon fans and share memories. Of course if someone just recently liked the pats and plan on being long termers I dont think a single person on this board would turn their back on them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I was thinking about this and you know Raymond Berry could have had a good run of chances at multiple championships but for the Sullivan family messing up what he was building here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Another reason to hate M. Jackson