Are we done with Chad Ochocinco?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

Are we done with Chad Ochocinco?

I might not be the first one putting this up here, but since I was the one defending Ocho at work place for the past few weeks. I have earn the right to finally question whether Chad Ochocinco's future with this team.

So is the Pats finally done with Chad? What do you think? and do we have a replacement for him?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco?

We're done with Ocho is done threads. We've moved on to sh!tting on Obrien this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Can we please lay off the Ocho talk?  Yea, I thought he'd have more catches and yards at this point, but he doesn't, and it's the offense dictating this not him!

He is the 5th receiving option on a very good football team, it is not about numbers/stats and when called upon in the game planning he will deliver, as a sidenote there were times yesterday he was open and the ball was thrown to the primary option not him.  He is doing what is asked of him, even blocking down field.  At some point, they will use the mismatch that will be naturally created and go to him! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Are we done with Chad Ochocinco?:
    I might not be the first one putting this up here, but since I was the one defending  Ocho at work place for the past few weeks. I have earn the right to finally question whether Chad Ochocinco's future with this team. So is the Pats finally done with Chad? What do you think? and do we have a replacement for him?
    Posted by PiBoy

Seems this is more of a fan issue than anything else!!  If the Pats REALLY do not want Ocho, BB would have cut him loose a while ago.  Apparently the folks in the know, that being the Patriots themselves, still want him.  Fan talk is what it is, FAN TALK!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco?:
    In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco? : Unfortunately, many here take it seriously-they feel it makes them "experts".
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

How many "unpaid" GMs do the Patriots have?  Must number in the thousands, right?  LOL  (-;

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco? : And when will that be?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

If I knew I'd be on the Patriots sideline or in the coaches meetings, wisea**, just don't believe they feel the way the fans feel, and I'm sure they know more about the game then you/me and all of the other Experts.

Here's a thought; maybe when they see the Bills, Jets and Dolphins the second time around...I'm sure those teams will try to take away the other Patriot weapons/options who burned them, leaving him matched up favorably!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco? : How many "unpaid" GMs do the Patriots have?  Must number in the thousands, right?  LOL  (-;
    Posted by agcsbill

And a Forum without posts, opinion and chat would be

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco? : And a Forum without posts, opinion and chat would be . . .

Posted by tcal2-

Agreed!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

OK, not impressed at all with Ocho,but is he hurting the team?? I hear all this Ocho bust talk but so far,no one has come up with how he is harming the team. Supposedly ,he's been a good locker room guy and is busting his butt to improve. I'd love to see 7 catches for 100 and a TD but lets face it, with the GREAT TE play, Wes Welker and Brady's security blanket in Branch, it really doesn't matter who the 3rd receiver is because their PT and numbers won't impress. Remember, when Moss was here, it was Moss, Welker and the Pips. So until he actually losses a game or becomes a locker room menace, I'll anxiously await his "break out" game.............. Receptions Welker          51 Gronk           29 Hernandez    27 Branch         26 Rest of team  27 ( Ocho 9 of them)...........lil perspective
    Posted by leatherhelmet

YES, he is hurting the team as a matter of fact by taking up a precious roster spot and not contributing to the offenses' production. Why have him hold a roster spot when they could bring someone in to actually HELP the offense. Not worth keeping dead wood in the hopes of a "break-out game" BB would be the first to agree. Heck, he doen't even play on special teams so where exactly is his upside???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

YES 100% DONE. Addition by subtraction. Should be getting the phonecall soon...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If he could consistently catch 2 or 3 sideliners for 12 to 15 yards a pop per game I would consider him useful.  But he's only had 3 or 4 of those in six games, coupled with as many mistakes that have made him look more disoriented than anyone in recent memory.  It kind of hurts to watch it happen.  And I won't be sold after a mid-season "breakout game" because I don't think he can catch up to the intellectual speed of this offense without it costing the team more than it can afford to spend.  And it seems like Brady is getting annoyed at having to patronize him with shop instruction on the sidelines during the game.  

What's really insane is that he's getting paid more than Welker this year.  What!!!

Randy Moss could lolly gag it onto the field half asleep and catch 3 or 4 fifteen yard sideliners per game, then go interview himself on the bench for all I care.  Come on BB, don't let the fact that you and Chad are "brothas from another motha" overcome the fact that he's becoming a 6.5 million dollar project in his 10th or 11th year.          

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Are we done with Chad Ochocinco? : .........well by your logic,we should dump Vereen and Mallet.....those guys haven't done squat...........and take Dan Gronkowski with you. Hell he's been here twice and still doesn't even have ONE reception. Totally useless!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet

The guy that I'm really surprised had not gotten any reps on the field is Price, what's going on there? I know he had a hamstring thing, but he's supposedly healthy...they've got to get him involved.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts