Are we done with the melodrama?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Are we done with the melodrama?

How is everyone doing? I know it was a sad weekend for all Pats fans, but the world did not end.

Just wondering if it is safe yet to start constructive threads or are the melodramatic fair-weather fans and/or bandwagoners still screaming gloom and doom?

On a side note for those that think BB is done, we could have had Pete Carroll back on the side line :P

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Are we done with the melodrama?

Hey csylvia79
    I'm usualy very objective. But I have to admit it was a tough ending to a tough year. I think i'm calm enough to have constructive conversation again.

If you think you have a Porsche and it only goes like a VW. I don't think you can be viewed as being spoiled.  We thought we had a Porsche. maybe we over valued them. I'm a diehard fan..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Looks like there already have been constructive threads.
    I'm more tired of fans telling others fans how to act.
    And as far as Sunday..if Pete Carroll was on the sidelines it might not have been any worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think we all had  bad weekend as fans.  I do think we could have performed better but it is what it is.  I'm looking foward to the draft and FA moves this off season.  I also like many of you hope we have some cordinator improvements. 

But I'm not going say i'm done with the team. Fire BB or trade Brady off knee jerk reactions.  

Been trying to read the threads the last few days but so many new posters spewing the hate that I had not seen once the whole season made me just log back off.

Being deployed with not much entertainment, I read this board at least daily. Its just sad when it turns so sour, when we have been a good team for a long time and still did better than most teams in the nfl. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I have to laugh at the Pete Carroll remarks. Can I add that those who complain about Kraft obvious don't remember the Sullivans?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Patsfan I can only surmise from some of the posts here that the posters' mommys and daddys have gotten them everything they ever wanted. The idea that any team can do any better than the Pats have done over the last decade is ridiculous. Look at the freaking Yankees. Unlimited cash to spend in a sport with no salary cap and they still only won 2 titles in the last ten years. As for all the melodrama...some people just can't take it when things don't go exactly as they want. How they get through life is beyond me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

This is a forum.  There a Patriot fans who are angry and they have every right to start threads.  Even though it seem like every minute another negative one started it's up to each poster to do their own fitering.

"2 titles in the last ten years. "

That's true evil but they (Yankee's) are setup to win 3 or 4 more with their current roster.  BB the General Manager has been making some questionable and down right awful moves.  This year was a complete quagmire in terms of Free Agents and trades.  Hopefully he can turn things around by the start of next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

russgriswold sorry I guess my rose color glasses hid that from view ;)

To all the other doom and gloomers who think things are always better, beside the colt and pats what team would you have rather been part of this last decade. If I was a betting man on which coach in the league right now who has a chance to turn a club around BB would be on that very short list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Well, we will always have some melodrama, and we are gonna hear about this year and how it ended from haters for a long time. On the flip side , the team will be there next year with a young infusion on d with some experience and speed and hopefulyy the rb situation will be less cloudy. I, for one am optimistic, because most of this team will be back and hopefully ready to pick where they left off. It's not like they died or flew the coop. They will most likely be a formidable force again next year, so let's not dwell on this, it's done move on and hope next year is an improvement. Let's not forget WE HAVE BEEN SPOILED!!!!!! I think there are more good things to come!!!! GO PATS!!!!!KMc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

"But think back to just before the start of the season everyone (for the most part) figured we were done...no playoff no nothing. "

Actually Lastat the Patriots were the overwhelming pick to go to and win the Super Bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think it's good for people to vent  There are still some good posters here that provide unique viewpoints regardless of whether they're for or against the Patriots. I don't think most Pats fans are spoiled. Just like any group of people, it only takes one or two bad apples to give everyone a bad name.

It will all blow over soon enough - and we'll have the same damn people posting next year ...lol  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I have to agree with Lastat.... No one was picking us for the superbowl before the season.

All that was talked about is how Brady is going to rebOund and how this young D with no Leaders is going to respond.

It wasn't till wee start wining and looked in the postion to win our devision did Chris Collensworth (sp) pick the Pats as team he wouldn't count out of the playoff, which to me seem surpiseing i always though he hated the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Lastat and csylvia,  The Patriots were the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl this year.  Attached are three book makers pre season odds.  These came from a Bing search of "2009 pre season Super Bowl Odds".  Plus a majority of the talking heads picked the Patriots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I never read the beting odds, not much I can say there. I just read what the sport writers are saying, and what WEEI says on the online radio.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

justme,

Sorry, but the better analogy is: thinking you have a Porsche, finding out you actually have a Focus.

Dismal at best. NO CONSISTENCY in 2009. Time toget attitude back.

Sections
Shortcuts