Are we SURE we want Jason Taylor???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brackula. Show Brackula's posts

* Reposted for M10, who's evidently a bit SLOW!;o)

And your argument that "Jason Taylor is better than any of the OLB we have right now" is painfully weak...mostly because you didn't MAKE an argument. My main point, to reiterate: I simply question his desire And YOUR arguement that he lost his desire was where? Exactly, you never made one. But, if your plan is to go into the season "hoping" Redd, Guyton, Woods make that "quantum 2nd year leap" without any vet backup (simply because you question his desire) then we understand why your simply writing about the NFL rather than challenging BB for his job. And if you don't think JT CAN'T get better than a one year deal, then you my friend are sadly mistaken. "nuff said, adios!
    Posted by RedsGhost

EASY, there, Spaz!

Just because you can't read a post without twisting my words ~ in your ferral mind ~ into an hilarious and inverted distortion of reality is NO reason to launch a frothing, blabbering, snot-bubbling TIRADE! Wink

I've clearly said that I'd welcome a Vet or three, now...HAVEN'T I? Wink

And I've clearly said that I suspected Taylor wouldn't WANT a 2 year deal, now...HAVEN'T I?

You're...not too bright...ARE you, RedsGhost? Wink

Documentation of JT's lack of desire are so vast and sundry as to forego the need for direct reference, except for the celestially oblivious, such as yourself! Surprised

But I'll be happy to instruct you, as it amuses me to do so: Just Google "Jason Taylor", old sport! And you'll be greeted by HUNDREDS of articles about the subject.

It's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ Taylor was, one short year ago ~ planning on being retired, by now. DONE.

And it's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ he's been spending the last month or two pondering his options and playing golf, when he's quite obviously ~ based on Kraft's comments ~ got an offer on the table to join the team with the best chance of allowing him to earn a Championship Ring.

So I guess I HAVE made my argument...HAVEN'T I, Francis? Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Are we SURE we want Jason Taylor???

EASY, there, Spaz! Just because you can't read a post without twisting my words ~ in your ferral mind ~ into an hilarious and inverted distortion of reality is NO reason to launch a frothing, blabbering, snot-bubbling TIRADE! *** I've clearly said that I'd welcome a Vet or three, now...HAVEN'T I? And I've clearly said that I suspected Taylor wouldn't WANT a 2 year deal, now...HAVEN'T I? You're...not too bright...ARE you, RedsGhost? *** Documentation of JT's lack of desire are so vast and sundry as to forego the need for direct reference, except for the celestially oblivious, such as yourself! But I'll be happy to instruct you, as it amuses me to do so: Just Google "Jason Taylor", old sport! And you'll be greeted by HUNDREDS of articles about the subject. It's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ Taylor was, one short year ago ~ planning on being retired, by now. DONE. And it's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ he's been spending the last month or two pondering his options and playing golf, when he's quite obviously ~ based on Kraft's comments ~ got an offer on the table to join the team with the best chance of allowing him to earn a Championship Ring. So I guess I HAVE made my argument...HAVEN'T I, Francis?
    Posted by Brackula

Actually no.....All you have done is speculated, nothing in your post is FACT.

And to go around to insulting people because you are a hypocrite is cowardly...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]EASY, there, Spaz! Just because you can't read a post without twisting my words ~ in your ferral mind ~ into an hilarious and inverted distortion of reality is NO reason to launch a frothing, blabbering, snot-bubbling TIRADE! ***

Whoa there Jerry's kid, so far you haven't "argued" anything. You made a point of saying JT doesn't have the desire and all you can come up with is "if he had then he would've signed by now". Go back to bargaining 101 before you start to, as you put it, launch into your own frothing, blabbering, snot-bubbling ( I'll by own at this point), diaper pooping TIRADE! I'm sure that him playing NE against the AFC East champs would net a larger contract or at least a larger contract AND a shot at winning a SB. Pretty obvious but perhaps your the type that needs things pointed out to you before you can grasp any understanding of a topic..
    I've clearly said that I'd welcome a Vet or three, now...HAVEN'T I? And I've clearly said that I suspected Taylor wouldn't WANT a 2 year deal, now...HAVEN'T I? You're...not too bright...ARE you, RedsGhost?
    Claiming you'd welcome a vet or three is NOT saying you think JT has the desire. You're not too bright...ARE you, Leon?
    *** Documentation of JT's lack of desire are so vast and sundry as to forego the need for direct reference, except for the celestially oblivious, such as yourself!
    So you hide your lack of evidence and structure to your supporting arguement by claiming everyone should know it. Link 5 articles that specifically document his "lack of desire" and shut everyone up then. Ahhh, you can't  as I expected.
    But I'll be happy to instruct you, as it amuses me to do so: Just Google "Jason Taylor", old sport! And you'll be greeted by HUNDREDS of articles about the subject. It's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ Taylor was, one short year ago ~ planning on being retired, by now. DONE. And it's no secret that ~ as I've already pointed out ~ he's been spending the last month or two pondering his options and playing golf, when he's quite obviously ~ based on Kraft's comments ~ got an offer on the table to join the team with the best chance of allowing him to earn a Championship Ring. So I guess I HAVE made my argument...HAVEN'T I, Francis?
    Again little one, READ. About what subject have you made an arguement of? No passion to want to win? Go ahead, its YOUR arguement, Google him and link 5 articles. I'm sure that Parcells would be glad to know that thinking about retirement (and doing so, TWICE) means you've lost your desire to win a championship. I'm sure that JT needs all that practice time just as a rookie would that he shouldn't be golfing during his off-season time before making a decision to pick the Pat's AND driving up the contract.
    Again Leon, instead of practicing your vocabulary skills and overriding people's thoughts and belittling poster's opinions, TRY to State your thesis, write down clear and consice thoughts and then prove your thoughts rather than " I just don't think JT has the desire anymore"
    You CAN do that, right Spaz?
    But, if not, let's hope and cross our fingers that our youngsters will make that 2nd year leap, afterall, I'm sure thats BB's plan.

Moron. or rather Leon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

But that's precisely my point , Bro: If Taylor does have the desire to win, why doesn't he do something about it? Everybody knows he's had an offer on the table for a good while, now, and yet he's holding us up, because he's hoping he can play for the FISH?? I submit that if he was truly dedicated to the Game, he would've JUMPED at the opportunity, a MONTH ago...and would, right now, be working intensely with Crable and Redd to help them craft their games, much like a guy named Randy Moss was, two years ago. Hey, I'm not putting the guy down . I'm just smelling a strong case of Favreitis , here. I'd rather have a Vet who WANTS it.
    Posted by Brackula

How do you know that JT isn't holding off to sign with a team because he wants to skip the training camp (like many vets) and spend some time with his family?  You keep ASSUMING you know what he is thinking, please stop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brackula. Show Brackula's posts

Wow! Seems I've kicked up an HORNET'S NEST!! Surprised

Just for the record ~ as it's obvious that some folks are gonna remember this wrong, even AFTER the following statement: I am NOT the Anti-Taylor.

If we get'im, I'll welcome'im.

And if we do, I think Coach Bill'll light a fire under'is aas, and he'll make some plays for us, more likely than not.

I just don't think he's the best solution, and I say that based on my perception of:

• Rapidly Declining Skills
    • Lack of Commitment: Favreitis

What I hope for, is that one or two ~ or even three or four, with McKenzie now out for the year ~ of the Vets who we all know are gonna get cut, over the next 16 weeks, find their way here, and that Coach Bill is able to find a couple guys who have a combination of skill, smarts, AND Desire, to help forge yet another Patriots Championship.

*As for the snot-bubbling diatribes of the lunatics in the posts directly above mine...I'll let them stand on their own "merit!" Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brak the reason he didnt jump at the oppertunity a month ago is because he is spending as much time as he can with his family in the offseason. Thats it, plain and simple. He has said all along he wouldnt make a move until two weeks after the draft and that is coming up soon so by the end of the week we should know what he is going to do. He wants a championship and you are right that he is dumb if he thinks the Phins will contend this year but just cause he is dumb enough to think that does not mean he is not hungry for a title. He would be a great Vet for this team and for the young guys to be around. This team would be the perfect fit for him. I am getting off point though, my point is he is spending time with his family in south florida right now its not like he is blowing off the Pats to film a movie or something he just wanted to take some time to be with his family before he has to go all out 100% football time thats all. got to put family first at his age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Wow! Seems I've kicked up an HORNET'S NEST!! Just for the record ~ as it's obvious that some folks are gonna remember this wrong, even AFTER the following statement: I am NOT the Anti-Taylor. If we get'im, I'll welcome'im. And if we do, I think Coach Bill'll light a fire under'is aas, and he'll make some plays for us, more likely than not. I just don't think he's the best solution, and I say that based on my perception of: Rapidly Declining Skills Lack of Commitment: Favreitis What I hope for, is that one or two ~ or even three or four, with McKenzie now out for the year ~ of the Vets who we all know are gonna get cut, over the next 16 weeks, find their way here, and that Coach Bill is able to find a couple guys who have a combination of skill, smarts, AND Desire, to help forge yet another Patriots Championship. *As for the snot-bubbling diatribes of the lunatics in the posts directly above mine... I'll let them stand on their own "merit!"
    Posted by Brackula

What you are doing is sitting on the fence and preparing yourself for if he doesn't sign with us.

What is your evidence of his declining skill?  2 years ago in Saban's Defense he was DPOY....he gets traded to Washigton and gets hurt.  What makes you think that he all of a sudden "Lost it" and won't thrive in the same type of defense that he played in 2 years ago?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think RedsGhost wins because he went the extra mile with "diaper pooping."

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

I think RedsGhost wins because he went the extra mile with "diaper pooping."
    Posted by prairiemike

LOL, thanx Pmike!

He's just acting sooo Law and Leon like! His last post says " If we get'im, I'll welcome'im. and then,

I say that based on my perception of:

• Rapidly Declining Skills
    • Lack of Commitment: Favreitis

Really?? You'd hire a player to a 2 yr contract at some pretty coin who you thought had declining skills and a lack of commitment?!?!?
    So much for your "perception" , GM skills and strength of debate.
    Class dismissed, you may go home now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

But, at least Law/Leon proved my point.
    He's basing this entire thread on "his perception" without any proof or evidence and simply trying to keep an arguement going for his own petty joy. Pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

What, exactly, is the benefit of a year under your belt if that year is spent on IR?
    Posted by prairiemike
    this is true.its one thing to have played a whole season,but if you were put on IR in the beginning to the middle of the season.that player hasnt gained much of anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Jason Taylor is the answer right now for the Pats.  Of course the contract has to be acceptable, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be, no team is going to pay him 8m like the Skins did last year.  DB's are great, but without a good pass rush it won't mean much of anything.   I also agree about Tedy B., he's just not the same player he once was and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it the entire season.  BB must be keeping Tedy on to tutor the younger players that will be taking his place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

teddy is good for one,or two downs,but thats it.if he goes every snap in the game.he will be gasping for air by the 4th qtr.cant say enough about teddy,but he is only good for one,or two downs depending on how long the drives are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Thank Belichick we have Mayo at ILB. We still have Adalius at OLB and the toss-up to see whether Crable or Woods gets more PT at the other OLB spot. Taylor would be used solely for the pass rush ? It all comes down to the money and the roster. Guyton definitely has the speed (when healthy) to be a good LB. If the Pats don't get Taylor they'll have Colvin or Seau on speed dial in case any one of our LBs gets injured. I agree Tedy is past his prime and will serve as an intelligent mentor to the young 'uns.

With the mulitude of picks Belichick has in the 2010 Draft is there a chance he trades up to get Brandon Spikes (tackling machine, good in coverage) ? I can't be the only one that thinks that having Spikes and Mayo in the Pats LB corps would be huge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brackula. Show Brackula's posts

WOW! What a bitter, shut-in, frothing, snot-bubbling, diaper-pooping, fact-retardant LUNATIC!!

It's all right, Red: You can't even keep focused long enough to remember my name, spell 3 words in a row correctly, or remember that it wasn't ME who suggested a two year contract...or get ANY of your facts straight! Surprised

So nobody's actually expecting you to simmer down long enough to actually make a POINT! Wink

PS: Who the hell is Leon Law??? I hate to drop the old "Meds" bit on ya, Red, old sport...But if you can't keep it together long enough to avoid this bizarre episode of paranoia...well, you might wanna check the ole dosage, sport! Good luck! Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brackula. Show Brackula's posts

Getting back to FOOTBALL, if Diaper Dumper can simmer down long enough...!

I don't want us to sign Taylor, for reasons I've made crystal clear. I understand that I'm in a stark minority about that, and I expected to be. In fact that's precisely WHY I forged this Thread: to bring up a point of view that's a bit different.

But to reiterate, as Diaper Dumper's addled mind evidently couldn't digest this simple statement: I trust Coach Bill's extraordinary and demonstrably brilliant judgment, even though I think he does make mistakes, and if he decides to go with Taylor, I'll welcome him, even though I think it wouldn't be the best move.

That should be crystal clear. And, judging from the intelligence most of y'all've shown, I'm sure it is clear.

I like Hannah's thoughts about Brandon Spikes! If he goes about 10th ~ his current projection! ~ that would be BEAUTIFUL!

Maybe with all 4 Top 64 picks, next year, we'd have enough FirePower to move down far enough to snag Brandon Spikes AND Sergo Kindle for the OutSide! How schweet would THAT be???

Sections
Shortcuts