Are you in favor of the Seymour trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from radioplug14. Show radioplug14's posts

Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade?

As said earlier...Oakland is so bad that the 1st round pick in 2011 is going to be a very very very good player. Until Oakland has a QB, they are going nowhere no time soon. As I see it, they don't have one.

Sure, it's tough to see him go...but Oakland basically offered the world for Seymour. Time will tell how good this move is...but if you ask me, this was possibility one of the bravest, boldest, and best moves the Pats have made in a while. I always like a little shake-up. Seems to work well on turning teams into champs (i.e. Brady, Nomar, etc...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't see it that way at all, dogg.

The notion that this move is in any way a "surrender" is patently laughable.

Frankly, I don't see a dominant team in either conference and, while I am concerned that the same thing that happened two years ago is getting ready to happen again -- that being a juggernaut offense that wrecks the regular season and gets b*tch-slapped in the playoffs -- I still see the Pats crunching the division and probably entertaining the notion of a bye in the playoffs. 

The thing about the "Belichick" way is that the picks keep coming, and they get rolled over, and they get traded for other picks, and unless you're one of these lifeless fantasy geeks or a complete stathead, you never really know what you got for what guy or which pick represents whom or . . .   you know . . .   what is actually going on.

But to think that this is Belichick throwing in the towel for this season?

Well . . .   underdogg . . .   even for you . . .   that's retarded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like a good move for the long-term, but I fear it will come back to haunt the Pats this season. The secondary is still very questionable and the linebacking core is thin.  Their D-Line is (was?) both strong and deep--and I suspect they're planning to play a lot of 4-3 to capitalize on that strength.  I think they'll be okay without Seymour unless they have injuries among the linemen. If Warren or Green goes down, they get very thin at DE. That scares me, especially given the question marks behind the line.  I do think this suggests the Burgess will be playing DE more than LB and that either Brace or Pryor will be starting next to Wilfork at one of the two DT positions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

Pryor, Burgess, or Brace better be phenomenal, and Pierre Woods, along with the secondary better have been faking us out this preseason because they were all just forced to take their game to another level. There is one more blocker free on every play because Richard Seymour is gone. That's huge.

Two years from now the Raiders might not be terrible like they are now. Look how god awful that division is. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplaye. Show dplaye's posts

In Response to Are you in favor of the Seymour trade?:
    [QUOTE]Why or why not? I am in favor because they have some depth currently.  This is going to open up the Pats to resign Wilfork.  Seymour is not the same he was a few years ago.  They picked up a 1st round pick in 2011.  The Patriots are getting younger.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplaye. Show dplaye's posts

If they take this money and resign Wilfork to a long term deal I will be alright with it because then would be spending their money wisely. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade?:
    [QUOTE]yes, i like richard but just like with brady next year, if he is likely not to sign an extension, belichick has to consider a trade. seymour will be good but we have enough guys who can duplicate his play. plus with that first rounder, who knows what great things bel can do with that!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Who do we have that "can duplicate his play"? How many more "Patriot Way" guys will be dumped by BB. Pioli would never have done this. We are built to win now, and this deal is stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade? : Let me qualify this by saying I think Belichick is brilliant and that I expect his mad scientist play to ultimately deliver once again that secret successful formula - BUT: I think the "current" belichick is developing a reputation as a stockpiler of picks which guarantees only one thing - future picks.  Substituting potential for actual in our immediate gratification society is called a pipe dream.  It seems that Belichick may be asking for patience while his splendid stew simmers.  But are pats fans patient enough to wait around for 2010 or beyond?   Maybe Belichick thinks the Steelers, Chargers and Colts are too much to handle this year.  How does that make you feel?  If I were pats fans, I'd hope for some immediate use of all those future picks this year to acquire a player now that can help your team now.  But that's just my opinion.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

BB is showing the same brilliance he had when in Cleveland. Pioli please come back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]As said earlier...Oakland is so bad that the 1st round pick in 2011 is going to be a very very very good player. Until Oakland has a QB, they are going nowhere no time soon. As I see it, they don't have one. Sure, it's tough to see him go...but Oakland basically offered the world for Seymour. Time will tell how good this move is...but if you ask me, this was possibility one of the bravest, boldest, and best moves the Pats have made in a while. I always like a little shake-up. Seems to work well on turning teams into champs (i.e. Brady, Nomar, etc...)
    Posted by radioplug14[/QUOTE]

"Oakland basically offered the world for Seymour"? One draft pick in 2011 is "offering the world"? Why is it that most of you love our players when they are here, then act like are so disposable when BB ships them out of town? We just lost a valuable plus piece to our increasingly shaky defense. In exchange for a maybe rookie who starts his career in 3 years?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Pryor, Burgess, or Brace better be phenomenal, and Pierre Woods, along with the secondary better have been faking us out this preseason because they were all just forced to take their game to another level. There is one more blocker free on every play because Richard Seymour is gone. That's huge. Two years from now the Raiders might not be terrible like they are now. Look how god awful that division is. 
    Posted by thetrinity12[/QUOTE]

A-a-a-men....A-a-a-a-men....A-a-men....Amen! Amen!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I love it.  Send the holdout to the worst team in the league.  Seymour always had a bad attitude here.  He held us up for more money, we make him the highest paid defensive lineman in the NFL, and in return he gives us 3 injury plagued seasons.  To be clear, I think he's a great football player and a hall of fame defensive lineman, but he never had the same team attitude that Bruschi, Rodney and Vrabel had.  He was always about the money.  So we send him to the Oakland Raiders, haha.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out, jakass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amellen. Show amellen's posts

Very much in favor.  There were many times in the past that Seymour has been out injured and the D line did just fine.  With regard to feeling sorry for Seymour, send me anywhere to play a game for $4 million.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

[QUOTE]Who here would be in favor of this trade?  I can see why it was done but I don't like it.  It even makes sense but I don't like it.  The trade is understandable but I doubt that anybody here can be said to be in favor of it.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read any of the other posts before yours, where just about everyone felt bad for Seymour, but they WERE in favor of it.

It was a very wise trade, I hope they get to use that 1st round pick on someone, and the NFL doesn't come up with another lame excuse to steal their 1st round draft picks ... only the Steelers can honestly say they run an organization as well as the Pats do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]At some point, everybody has to go. I do not agree with those who say Seymour is no longer an effective DE, and do not believe that what he is asked to do in the Pats' scheme is quantifiable with statistics (which I abhor, in any case). That said, you can't keep everybody forever, and there have been many and vaired discussions in here about whom among Seymour, Mankins and Wilfork the Pats might keep. The key to maintaining their status at the top of the league has been identifying when moves like this are cost effective and eliminating the sentiment factor. When I opened this site today and saw the headline, I was surprised and disappointed. I think Seymour is awesome. I'll miss him. But I miss Ted Washington (and Ted Johnson, too). I miss Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. I miss Willie McGinest. One of these days, I'm going to miss Tom Brady, too. (feel free to add your favorite guys to this list) But througout their respective tenure's, the Krafts and Belichick have shown that they seem to have a thorough grasp of how to succeed in today's NFL. I'm a fan. I'll voice my opinion. But I'm not about to question the motives of a brain trust that has kept my favorite team at the top of the league for almost ten years.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

P-Mike:  Your opinion is well thought out and spot on!  Couldn't of said it better myself! 

I'll miss Seymour like I miss Ted Johnson, lawyer, and Willie - but you have to trust the Pats braintrust that they're doing the right thing. We have all rode a wonderful ride since fall of 2001.  That's a heck of a long time in the NFL! 

Players will continue to come & go...  The day Belicichick is done is the day the ride ends! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade? : BB is showing the same brilliance he had when in Cleveland. Pioli please come back.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

Are you for real?

LOL... the Patriots just had the best draft they had in four years, they've been drafting CRUD other than their first round picks since 2006.

SP is gone and the Patriots finally clean house of players that were too old and too injury prone to get it done anymore on Defense... and they have a heck of a draft... when was the last time the Patriots hung on to EIGHT draft picks???

How many players from 2007 are still around? How about 2006?

SP... please, he was riding on BB's coattails.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

I would have traded Seymour for a 3rd round pick   ^..^  --Big Cat

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

Agree???...Billy's an idiot for not doing this 2 years ago when he could have got a 1st & 2nd rounder for him.  Seymour is the 1st player that stats don't matter...its the scheme.  Dude looked like he was 39 not 29 this preseason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

Agree???...Billy's an idiot for not doing this 2 years ago when he could have got a 1st & 2nd rounder for him.  Seymour is the 1st player that stats don't matter...its the scheme.  Dude looked like he was 39 not 29 this preseason.  ^..^  --Big Cat

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

Hold on let me adjust my shoulder pads.......   ^..^ --Big Cat

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

Mangini had filed a complaint against BB for elderly abuse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade? : Let me qualify this by saying I think Belichick is brilliant and that I expect his mad scientist play to ultimately deliver once again that secret successful formula - BUT: I think the "current" belichick is developing a reputation as a stockpiler of picks which guarantees only one thing - future picks.  Substituting potential for actual in our immediate gratification society is called a pipe dream.  It seems that Belichick may be asking for patience while his splendid stew simmers.  But are pats fans patient enough to wait around for 2010 or beyond?   Maybe Belichick thinks the Steelers, Chargers and Colts are too much to handle this year.  How does that make you feel?  If I were pats fans, I'd hope for some immediate use of all those future picks this year to acquire a player now that can help your team now.  But that's just my opinion.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Are you crazy???...This team will rifle through the NFL like a knife through butter.  The " Cat" says 14-2 to 16-0.  Dude do your research before you post idiotic posts like this.  The Pats are the cream & the Steelers are the dung in the corner of the stall.  Wake up & realize the "Cat" knows, and the Pats rule.  ^..^ --Big Cat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you in favor of the Seymour trade? : P-Mike:  Your opinion is well thought out and spot on!  Couldn't of said it better myself!  I'll miss Seymour like I miss Ted Johnson, lawyer, and Willie - but you have to trust the Pats braintrust that they're doing the right thing. We have all rode a wonderful ride since fall of 2001.  That's a heck of a long time in the NFL!  Players will continue to come & go...  The day Belicichick is done is the day the ride ends! 
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

You can keep your favorite players...I'll keep the memories of the SuperBowls....the bottomline is that Seymour's got nothing left in the tank.  Hes old, his shoulder pads are too small, and hes gone.  The "Cat" knows, and the "Cat" says that a bad season this year, and we go 14-2, good season we go 16-0, 3-0 in playoffs, and beat Philly 42-0 in Superbowl.  Only player that you should worry about is Billy B.....period!!  ^..^  --Big Cat

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigcat572001. Show bigcat572001's posts

[QUOTE] Mangini had filed a complaint against BB for elderly abuse.
    Posted by Blomie[/QUOTE]

See you Mangini...The "Cat" says Turner, Maine Pop Warner team is looking for a coach, but you ain't qualified for that job...you pudgy, controlling, know it all, piece of dung.  ^..^  --Big Cat

Sections
Shortcuts